Widgets Magazine
Page 34 of 141 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383984134 ... LastLast

Thread: Cannabis

Default Re: Time to Legalize Cannabis for recreational and medicinal use.

If anyone wants to sign today, they're by Quail Springs Mall, Penn Square Mall and at the 31st and Portland entrance to Will Rogers Park.
    Or this one pictured at 13864 N. May Ave.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    If anyone wants to sign today, they're by Quail Springs Mall, Penn Square Mall and at the 31st and Portland entrance to Will Rogers Park.
    Or this one pictured at 13864 N. May Ave.

I did see one similar to this at the corner of NWexpressway and Meridian this afternoon.....ya know the corner where obese soccer moms usually are hawking girl scout cookies for the kids while their rear ends are propped up on a lawn chair.

This just absolutely disgusts me, 4 pages gone - seriously, resorting to crime? Scumsucking $*@*#%%#$%%!(^$#%#&!$^)$% Hopefully the organizers are telling folks to keep it under tighter control and no more will be stolen.

Medical marijuana petition stolen - KSWO, Lawton, OK- Wichita Falls, TX: News, Weather, Sports. ABC, 24/7, Telemundo -

Please don't take offense to this anyone, but I think a "medical MJ" drive would hold more legs if some of the people collecting signatures looked less like stoners just hoping for easier access to MJ and more like, you know, doctors or medical professionals.

For the record, I am not against it, just neutral on the issue since I am not a partaker. if someone could guarantee me it would lower crime I might be for it. I know if it was fully legalized it could be a cash cow.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    This just absolutely disgusts me, 4 pages gone - seriously, resorting to crime? Scumsucking $*@*#%%#$%%!(^$#%#&!$^)$% Hopefully the organizers are telling folks to keep it under tighter control and no more will be stolen.

Medical marijuana petition stolen - KSWO, Lawton, OK- Wichita Falls, TX: News, Weather, Sports. ABC, 24/7, Telemundo -
    Four pages of signatures mean as much as 80 of them were lost.

Quote Originally Posted by pahdz View Post
    For the record, I am not against it, just neutral on the issue since I am not a partaker. if someone could guarantee me it would lower crime I might be for it. I know if it was fully legalized it could be a cash cow.
    Crime is down overall in Denver since legalized marijuana began being sold there.

I just thought of something. If/when the federal government legalizes marijuana, will it be available in Oklahoma within tribal jurisdictions? If so, Oklahoma may not have to wait as long as it otherwise would. That will also pose a big problem for the state when something that is legal on tribal land is a high felony in most of the state.

Four pages of signatures mean as much as 80 of them were lost.
    wouldn't it be closer to 160?

Crime is down overall in Denver since legalized marijuana began being sold there.
    Isn't there some sort of logical fallacy (maybe not "Begging the Question", per se, but something like it) inherent in that statement?

I mean, if they "decriminalized" assault or armed robbery--and stopped arresting people for those activities--wouldn't that also automatically result in a decrease in crime?

He means that other crimes are down, not the thousands of arrests that have not happened for marijuana. Here is an article from HP with the numbers: If Legalizing Marijuana Was Supposed To Cause More Crime, It's Not Doing A Very Good Job.

Thanks for clarifying that. (Like others, I'm neutral on the issue since I haven't partaken of the product since about 1976. Not trying to sound all "righteous" or "holier-than-anyone" . . . it's just that the cannabis high doesn't appeal to me so I don't seek it.)

You are welcome! I wonder if the establishment from which the signatures were taken had cameras? I would think that interfering with an election would be a felony?

Quote Originally Posted by pahdz View Post
    Please don't take offense to this anyone, but I think a "medical MJ" drive would hold more legs if some of the people collecting signatures looked less like stoners just hoping for easier access to MJ and more like, you know, doctors or medical professionals.
    Agreed, and most of the petitions are at pawn shops, vape shops, tattoo shops, etc., so it would be nice and help their cause if they could get them into "better" (as it were) places...

Was interesting to see on Saturday that petition volunteers were set up at 27th and Penn at the organic grow shop and there was a policeman sitting in his parked cruiser in the parking lot. He just appeared to be watching...wouldnt have doubt if he was running tags though. Just seemed odd, like maybe he was trying to use his presence as a scare tactic for potential signers?

Blog Entries

Times have changed.

Let's get real. Marijuana has its pros and cons just like other drugs. It's the abuse of anything which causes it to be detrimental to one's health.

It should be a wake up call to all of us. Accept people as they are; don't pass judgment upon them because of the way they dress. Dress has its appeal. Decades come and go as we all know; there are places where they wouldn't want to appear to be supporting a push for marijuana in any form. Just sign the petitions so we can put it up for a vote and live with the results.

"Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.

Maybe "they" should put up a petition booth over there at the intersection near the end of Meridian (northbound) just south of its intersection with the eastbound frontage road to the Kilpatrick Turnpike (formerly known as "Memorial Road")adjacent to the Mercy Hospital sign, around which protesting strangers seem to like to demonstrate their unhappiness about something. Traffic could be impeded as motorists pause for the cause and they might even get a stray physician from time to time to pose for a photo op.

Perhaps they could even make a deal with The Powers That Be to set up a recording device next to a sign saying "Honk If You Are In Favor of The Legalization of Medicinal Marijuana" and have each passing honk officially recorded as a signature in favor of the proposal?

I guess the official petition handler needs to dress up like Shaggy and drive around in a Scooby doo themed Mystery Van that way there won't be any confusion on who is supposed to be picking up the petitions.

Agreed, and most of the petitions are at pawn shops, vape shops, tattoo shops, etc., so it would be nice and help their cause if they could get them into "better" (as it were) places...
    A lot of people may support the cause are not going to spend the time to actually sign the petition because they don't actually have any need or desire for it at the time being. They would vote yes if their already there at the voting booth.

The Stillwater Hideaway's excuse for declining to be a petition site was, "As a business, we don't involve ourselves in politics."

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    wouldn't it be closer to 160?
    No. There's space on a signature page for 20 signatures.

The Stillwater Hideaway's excuse for declining to be a petition site was, "As a business, we don't involve ourselves in politics."
    Man, I could say something about businesses/corporations getting involved in politics, but I just won't.......

Man, I could say something about businesses/corporations getting involved in politics, but I just won't.......
    So because Hobby Lobby got involved then all businesses have to? That's a pretty silly argument. A business has every right to not get involved in a controversial issue if they so choose.

Why are we not hearing radio ads from doctors promoting this cause in Ok? I assume it's a money issue?

Thread Information