Widgets Magazine
Page 32 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

1. Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    I am hoping that this will have to go through the design commission, then city council again.
    This property is outside of the Bricktown Urban Design District, and so would not be subject to BUDC design review (or DDRC). Instead the City-connected entity that would have the most say over design elements would be OCURA and the associated development agreement between Hogan and the agency.

Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    This property is outside of the Bricktown Urban Design District, and so would not be subject to BUDC design review (or DDRC). Instead the City-connected entity that would have the most say over design elements would be OCURA and the associated development agreement between Hogan and the agency.
    seems like a big oversight that this is not in the DDRC .. everything just south of this (south of reno north of the river is part of DDRC)

3. Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    seems like a big oversight that this is not in the DDRC .. everything just south of this (south of reno north of the river is part of DDRC)
    All of “Lower Bricktown” is and always was excluded from design review, with the idea being that OCURA would have the design oversight/approval during the development process via PUD.

You can see the exclusion in this graphic (blank white space below Bricktown):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0187.jpeg 
Views:	92 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	18227

Blog Entries

Thanks Urbanized for explaining the design and review process with graphic details.

A $736 million housing, hotel and retail development, maybe we can see this development move to ground breaking much like the Chickasaw Tribe's $400 million invested in the OKANA resort following the FAM museum
    $125 million completion.

Boardwalk at Bricktown/Dream Hotel will be a welcome addition to the OKC Skyline. Seeing
    all the cranes and construction projects within the next half decade will present a growing
    pain challenge. Next up, OKC's new $1 billion downtown arena development.

MAPS 1993 passage was the kick start for many public-private developments. Mayor Ron Norick
    deserves much needed credit.

I'm so excited to see some more renderings! June 2024 will be here in the blink of an eye! Pumped for OKC to prove this kind of development can work and thrive here.

Me too EtanEiko!!!!

Just hope these get built. Quite a few downtown projects have been stuck in mud.

Just hope these get built. Quite a few downtown projects have been stuck in mud.
    And literally hundreds if not thousands have been completed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    And literally hundreds if not thousands have been completed.
    Not being negative. Just that Alley's End and Boulevard Place, both of which are truly transformational for their corners, have been stuck in neutral for a long, long time. Not saying others haven't been completed, but large projects take time. And time equals money (see Boulevard Place constantly asking for more TIF funding). And especially with something like this being almost foreign to OKC (truly high-rise housing), the risks are greater.

I believe all will get built, but I'm tempering my enthusiasm until ground is broken.

^

We're still dealing with the profound effects of a completely unprecedented pandemic. Fixating on a couple of apartment complexes when dozens and dozens of similar projects have been recently built and many other projects are well underway is incredibly negative.

11. Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

It's not always easy to spot posters who HAVE financed and/or completed (or even been tangentially connected to) a project costing millions of dollars (there have been a few on this board over the years), but it's often pretty easy to spot the ones who haven't.

It's bizarre to have all this negative talk when the whole subject of this thread is an incredible 4-tower development that continues to move forward at a fast pace.

At the same time, we have Convergence, OKANA, Citizen, and Oak all moving very quickly, Muse just opened while directly across the street another big complex is starting, Page Woodson is well into its 4th phase, and big complexes are just finishing at The Half and Chisholm Creek.

If and when the Boardwalk gets rolling we will soon be in arguably the biggest construction boom in city history... Even more so if the plans get green-lit for a billion-dollar arena.

It's bizarre to have all this negative talk when the whole subject of this thread is an incredible 4-tower development that continues to move forward at a fast pace.

At the same time, we have Convergence, OKANA, Citizen, and Oak all moving very quickly, Muse just opened while directly across the street another big complex is starting, Page Woodson is well into its 4th phase, and big complexes are just finishing at The Half and Chisholm Creek.

If and when the Boardwalk gets rolling we will soon be in arguably the biggest construction boom in city history... Even more so if the plans get green-lit for a billion-dollar arena.
    I too don't get the negativity. Renderings haven't even been released yet, and people are already on the way to calling for it to be changed. Right now, the only thing that concerns me is interest rates and where commercial real estate is heading in the country. But Pete is right, we're in the midst of a huge construction boom. And he only listed a few of them.

Misery loves company, I'm happy with progress moving this fast at such a large scale. Keep up the pace, OKC.

Any updates? I'm really anxious to see renderings. However, I'm fearful that the higher interest rates as well as other economic factors might put this on the backburner.

I believe the next step would be submitting detailed plans for design review. I doubt we'll see anything new until then.

The good news is they say they are anxious to get started, so hopefully we won't have long to wait.

17. Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

I believe the next step would be submitting detailed plans for design review. I doubt we'll see anything new until then.

The good news is they say they are anxious to get started, so hopefully we won't have long to wait.
    Their confidence and desire to move forward with this large of a project has been very encouraging from the start and makes them stand out. This has been planned with such excellence so I agree, we're probably getting detailed plans soon (and I imagine they'll be spectacular)

That's great to hear! We are so spoiled on this forum with the information you provide. The average person won't know anything is happening here until they see the cranes.

The first post in this thread is from 2021.These things take time. There are hundreds of millions of dollars at stake, so it makes sense. The waiting is still the hardest part but I hope and think we will soon be rewarded for our patience. Excited to be able to witness what will arguably be the biggest construction boom in city history.

They were approved for their $200M TIF funds. And heard from a very-very close source, now that the TIF funds are a go, this is going to really move now.

I wonder how long until we get the submissions for design review.

Or will we get an additional TIF request first?

Blog Entries

I wonder how long until we get the submissions for design review.

Or will we get an additional TIF request first?
    Just a few posts down Pete says not long. And we already know they asked and got approved for the TIF.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Just a few posts down Pete says not long. And we already know they asked and got approved for the TIF.
    I know, but with how everyone is claiming things get more expensive by the day, it won't surprise me if they try asking for more, even before we see what it will look like.

23. Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

Im a little surprised they didn't have a glossy rendering yet but at least they have a conceptual model and location; we know it will be 4 towers, 28 floors each (or more), with 3 residential and 1 dream hotel; for a total of more than $7XX million. ... Wish the arena would at least be this transparent.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    . Wish the arena would at least be this transparent.
    Total apples and oranges.

25. Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

any updates? It's been a month since this thread was active.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Thread Information