Widgets Magazine
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Devon Construction Cam

Default Re: Devon Tower Construction Cam!

Forgive me if these questions have already been answered, but...

Are they getting rid of the stone/concrete look on the parking garage and replacing all 10 levels with glass?

And will the tower be a normal steel beam tower or some sort of concrete all the way up instead of steel supports?

Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Forgive me if these questions have already been answered, but...

Are they getting rid of the stone/concrete look on the parking garage and replacing all 10 levels with glass?

And will the tower be a normal steel beam tower or some sort of concrete all the way up instead of steel supports?
    Has been but nevertheless, it is to be a concrete structure, but this will not be evident from the exterior as it will be clad with a full glass exterior as is shown in the renderings.

The parking garage will still have the precast concrete look as has been shown in the renderings. Some have confused the new garage levels exterior cladding with glass. It is however a perforated metal panel that allows for light to permeate as well as the much needed air exchange required for ventilating the garage of noxious fumes that must be exhuasted. The only glass that I am aware of is on the corners at the Stairwells. Again for this I would refer you back to the renderings that can be found by a search portion so you don't have to dig through tons of pages.

3. Default Re: Devon Tower Construction Cam!

Unhappy Re: Devon Tower Construction Cam!

Cam is down!

Thumbs up Re: Devon Tower Construction Cam!

Thanks Pete!

You're welcome... Thanks for the heads up.

Now that they've poured several of the outside columns, you can start to get a feel for how massive this structure is going to be. The floorplates will actually extend past all those columns by just a bit... Then go up 50 stories and you've got a huge building -- not even including the rotunda, podium, parking structure, park and auditorium.

Looks like they're installing some kind of barrier or rail on top on the east garage. Could it be to keep curious onlookers away?

Hopefully it's just decorative.

Looks similar to what is laying on top of the new garage. They might have needed to clear some room on the construction site and they placed them up there until they are needed on the 10 story.

Pure guess.

Are they running 24/7 shifts yet? Or are Sundays still the one day they don't work? I know all that will change once the pouring of the floors starts, if it hasn't already.

There getting those pillars done quickly. When are the going to work on the two tower cranes the installed?

When someone can, It would be great to see what is transpiring on the West side of the project as well as current images of what it looks like in the tower area. I know that they have been pouring basement walls on the NE side, as well as many more of the towers main columns have been poured. Just am hankering for some image candy! Thanks for anyone who can!

I posted some NE shots and other different than usual angles in the "Metro's Drive Around" thread.

The new tower crane is being installed right now. Maybe the Newsok live cam will start working again.

Also, the base for the podium crane has been installed. See the new pics I posted last night in the other Devon thread.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Also, the base for the podium crane has been installed. See the new pics I posted last night in the other Devon thread.
    Yes, the third crane's base was set last week. I too posted close-up pics, of the crane being placed, taken at the time, They're found on page 33 on the other thead.

Thanks, I must have missed that one for some reason. Nonetheless, it's exciting!

The second tower Crain is now operational, they still have numerous sections staged about the base so they can add to its height when needed, but as of yet they haven't been raising it.

18. Default Re: Devon Tower Construction Cam!

I have a question that is more forum related;

why are there two Devon tower threads? I know this one was supposed to be for the cam, but it looks like people are also posting pics and comments, which is what I thought the other thread was for.

I dont know about you, but I find myself looking at the last comment here, then going to the first page - giving the thread 2 hits artificially. Is there a way to lock this forum for comment, just update the picture - and let people actually post/pic on the other thread?
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

What are we seeing at the site this morning? Is that the drying cement being uncovered, or some other white cover layer being applied? Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by maestro6 View Post
    What are we seeing at the site this morning? Is that the drying cement being uncovered, or some other white cover layer being applied? Interesting.
    They have removed the blankets. This means the begining of vertical construction.

Now we will see how fast a building can go up.

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    I have a question that is more forum related;

why are there two Devon tower threads? I know this one was supposed to be for the cam, but it looks like people are also posting pics and comments, which is what I thought the other thread was for.

I dont know about you, but I find myself looking at the last comment here, then going to the first page - giving the thread 2 hits artificially. Is there a way to lock this forum for comment, just update the picture - and let people actually post/pic on the other thread?
    I wonder the same thing myself, it's redundant. Why can't the cam thread just be the actual cam and the other thread be updates and pics?

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    I wonder the same thing myself, it's redundant. Why can't the cam thread just be the actual cam and the other thread be updates and pics?
    I feel the same way - seems it would be easier to check 1 thread instead of 2 - except - I feel that the white van should get its own thread.

23. Default Re: Devon Tower Construction Cam!

Agreed. There is a lot of duplicate info and it's especially annoying when you are a few pages behind in both and you catch up in one and then it's deja vu reading the other.

I would suggest this one be locked or moderators declare it only be used to comment on the webcam specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    Agreed. There is a lot of duplicate info and it's especially annoying when you are a few pages behind in both and you catch up in one and then it's deja vu reading the other.

I would suggest this one be locked or moderators declare it only be used to comment on the webcam specifically.
    I agree. Whenever I post pictures I'm always confused which thread to post in. Sometimes I'll post the same photos in both.

I would suggest mods locking the cam thread down.

25. Default Re: Devon Tower Construction Cam!

here here
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Thread Information