Widgets Magazine
Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: WinCo

Default Re: Kroger

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    USAA is on point. The policy they wrote was 400 under Allstate’s identical plan. The only thing i would change is the whole cash deposit thing.
    I have my wife put cash in her local credit union, write me a check and deposit via the app on my phone but it is rare that I would have cash

I'm so use to never having to go into a bank I don't even think about it

Quote Originally Posted by shartel_ave View Post
    I have my wife put cash in her local credit union, write me a check and deposit via the app on my phone but it is rare that I would have cash

i would like to see a "USAA" branded ATM in the OKC metro .... there are lots near mil installations in texas .... the closest one to us is by shepard in Wichita falls

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    i would like to see a "USAA" branded ATM in the OKC metro .... there are lots near mil installations in texas .... the closest one to us is by shepard in Wichita falls
    USAA reimburses $15 in atm fees per billing cycle, 7/11 has free atm's or at least they use to

USAA reimburses $15 in atm fees per billing cycle, 7/11 has free atm's or at least they use to
    for sure

the difference is that you can deposit in the USAA branded atm's ..

for sure

the difference is that you can deposit in the USAA branded atm's ..

i don't really have a big need to deposit cash ... (and if i do i just deposit into a local account and transfer if i need to)

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    Last I looked at the app, there were a lot more USAA ATMs. I believe there's one at Target on Penn/Memorial. I also think I've seen them at CVS of all places.

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    Last I looked at the app, there were a lot more USAA ATMs. I believe there's one at Target on Penn/Memorial. I also think I've seen them at CVS of all places.
    if you click on takes deposits all the ones in Oklahoma go away ..

Blog Entries

I guess this is a USAA thread now

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    As of August 1st Winco will no longer take credit cards. Due to inflation.
    Wow, I hope they seriously didn't say that for the reason. Like somebody said earlier, I hope prices fall on the same day.

Serious question, is merchant services that predatory? I thought they took maybe up to 3% of sales depending on vendor, and even the newer merchant services I thought took a higher average flat rate regardless of credit card vendor.

10. Default Re: Kroger

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    Wow, I hope they seriously didn't say that for the reason. Like somebody said earlier, I hope prices fall on the same day.

Serious question, is merchant services that predatory? I thought they took maybe up to 3% of sales depending on vendor, and even the newer merchant services I thought took a higher average flat rate regardless of credit card vendor.
    I can't help but believe this is a serious error of judgement on their part. Covid caused many places to stop taking cash temporarily and now this company wants to use cash only? When I am in my local grocers, it is rare I see cash being used except in the quick checkout line.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    I can't help but believe this is a serious error of judgement on their part. Covid caused many places to stop taking cash temporarily and now this company wants to use cash only? When I am in my local grocers, it is rare I see cash being used except in the quick checkout line.
    Because people use debit cards instead of cash.

I haven't carried any cash at all in years.

12. Default Re: Kroger

Nor do I. I bought my son something last year and he gave me $100 cash for it and I had that cash at least 6 months before it was spent.

Default Re: WinCo

I try to milk a couple of different CC companies for rewards points. So if they don't lower their prices by 3% I'm losing money.

Ridiculous that you expect them to lower their prices on Aug 1. You all realize prices have been steadily increasing for over a year at the rate of 10-20% on grocery items with no sign of it stopping. Maybe this will allow them to slow the rate of increase.

Quote Originally Posted by gjl View Post
    Ridiculous that you expect them to lower their prices on Aug 1. You all realize prices have been steadily increasing for over a year at the rate of 10-20% on grocery items with no sign of it stopping. Maybe this will allow them to slow the rate of increase.
    ↑ This ↑

Based on skyrocketing fuel costs alone, we're lucky the retailers haven't passed on 100% of their increased overhead on to us as it stands now. This is just a way to slash some expenses immediately as exorbitant CC fees are a huge burden to retailers.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    I feel it's important to reiterate that WinCo will continue to accept debit cards, checks, cash, EBT/WIC, and gift cards. The only thing that will be changing is they won't accept credit cards anymore, bringing their Oklahoma stores back in line with the rest of the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Because people use debit cards instead of cash.

I haven't carried any cash at all in years.
    Credit card processing fees have increased the last 5 years. The industry continues to consolidate, and it is common to see 8% total cost to accept a card on transactions less than $10. And the time it takes for the money to deposit in the seller account has gotten longer as well. 8% and 8 days can put a real crimp in small business (even larger business) bank accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    Credit card processing fees have increased the last 5 years. The industry continues to consolidate, and it is common to see 8% total cost to accept a card on transactions less than $10. And the time it takes for the money to deposit in the seller account has gotten longer as well. 8% and 8 days can put a real crimp in small business (even larger business) bank accounts.
    But this doesn't apply to debit cards, does it?

Credit and debit fees are different amounts. Debit is less.

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    That's funny. I've had my USAA checking account looted twice in the past 5-6 years and had to wait weeks for USAA to get the money back. After the second one I froze my credit accounts and put alerts on everything, MFA, etc. Love USAA, though.
    We had one of our USAA accounts attacked twice, once about 14 years ago and then shortly thereafter. Each time I had used my card outside of my normal, habitual spending places. Once I really reigned in the places I use my card, the issue really hasn't returned. That being said, each time I had an issue they immediately paid me all the money back at my first contact while they investigated. We've been with USAA for over 25 years and my parents for over 60! They are fantastic.

That being said, I think there are a lot of people that think debit/credit are the same. My dad in his 80s still doesn't understand the difference between the two. For example to this day he still gets confused when the credit card machine says "enter pin or press green for credit".

You are correct, Pete. This does not apply to debit transactions. That's why places like Natural Grocers prefer you use your card's debit feature.

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    You are correct, Pete. This does not apply to debit transactions. That's why places like Natural Grocers prefer you use your card's debit feature.
    that is only if you are using your debit card with the pin in the transaction ... if you use your debit with out a pin it is charged the credit card fee (in most cases )

In the rare event we get cash, we go up to 7-11 and get a money order, then we make it out and deposit it via the USAA mobile app. It's pretty easy.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    I try to milk a couple of different CC companies for rewards points. So if they don't lower their prices by 3% I'm losing money.
    This. I pay most things by CC so I can accumulate points or cash back.
    I'm shocked anyplace would encourage check use. They tended to be the easy way to steal from banks (passing bad checks, forged ones). I've never been to a WinCo but lack of CC use is big turn off.

Blog Entries

FFS still a USAA thread

Thread Information