Widgets Magazine
Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Default Re: 2018 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Chase Ultimate is one of the best.

AMEX Platinum gives 5x points if booked through their website. Not sure if they can book SWA as I usually don't fly SWA

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    They offer 2x on all southwest airlines purchases, and rapid rewards hotel and rental car partners.
    The Chase Sapphire Preferred offers 2x on all travel, including those purchases, and dining. The Chase Sapphire Reserve offers 3x on all travel and dining. The primary benefit of using the Southwest card is the points count toward the companion pass. Otherwise, you can find better deals on points elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    AMEX Platinum gives 5x points if booked through their website. Not sure if they can book SWA as I usually don't fly SWA
    5X on hotels through their website
    5X on any airfare on any portal.

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    5X on hotels through their website
    5X on any airfare on any portal.
    I thought the airfare had to be through them also. That is good as their website is clunky and doesn't always show every option meaning that I have to search Delta.com and call amex to get the flights I want sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    I thought the airfare had to be through them also. That is good as their website is clunky and doesn't always show every option meaning that I have to search Delta.com and call amex to get the flights I want sometimes.
    Airfare does not.

*5x Membership Rewards points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel
    https://thepointsguy.com/guide/amex-platinum-review/

I read somewhere that Via Air was reducing service from OKC-AUS. Not sure how much of a reduction there will be.

8. Default Re: 2018 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

I think the only thing that gets me is the $450 or $550 annual fee for those big boy cards. With my spending/travel habits that's just too much to justify. I upgraded to the SWA priority card at $149/year. Comes with $75 annual travel voucher, 4 free upgrades for A1-15 (~$120 value), 7500 annual points (~$206 if you bought outright), 20% off in flight purchases. Not too bad for the price and frequency I fly.

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    I think the only thing that gets me is the $450 or $550 annual fee for those big boy cards. With my spending/travel habits that's just too much to justify. I upgraded to the SWA priority card at $149/year. Comes with $75 annual travel voucher, 4 free upgrades for A1-15 (~$120 value), 7500 annual points (~$206 if you bought outright), 20% off in flight purchases. Not too bad for the price and frequency I fly.
    If you Uber and eat out a lot chase sapphire reserve is an awesome card. You get $300 of the $450 back from Uber “travel” credits. Amex gold has a smaller $250 annual fee and I think $150(?) in restaurant credits, 4X on dining and grocery. You can rack up an awesome amount of points on things you were buying anyways. Amex gold is a charge card too, you have too pay it each month or it hammers your credit score.

Amex Platinum also has Uber credits and $200 (I think) in credits for any particular airline each year.

Quote Originally Posted by d-usa View Post
    Amex Platinum also has Uber credits and $200 (I think) in credits for any particular airline each year.
    That is correct. Also gives you entry into the Delta Skyclub (the main reason I carry it), Priority Lounge access and the growing number of AMEX Centurion clubs. Pays your Global Entry fee every five years ($100) It isn't for everyone as the benefits are geared more towards road warriors but for me...it is money well spent.

Effective April 29 UA will upgauge 1 IAH frequency to mainline. Will be a 4pm arrival into OKC turning to a 5pm departure. Equipment shows a 73G (737-700).

Delta will be adding a flight to SLC starting next Fall . 3 flights daily. Can't recall the last time we had 3 flights a day to SLC.

Quote Originally Posted by damonsmuz View Post
    Delta will be adding a flight to SLC starting next Fall . 3 flights daily. Can't recall the last time we had 3 flights a day to SLC.
    Usually they operate 3 daily in the summer. Seems they are extending the summer schedule, as it is already 3x daily this next summer.

November #’s should be up in the next few days. Looked pretty busy few times I flew in November

November #’s should be up in the next few days. Looked pretty busy few times I flew in November
    United probably will be flat or negative. Quite a bit of reduced capacity in November.

17. Default Re: 2018 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

https://flyokc.com/sites/default/fil...nplanement.pdf

Wow, already beat last year's numbers with still a month to go.

I’m assuming we lost some frontier capacity or did we all decide we don’t like them?

I'm surprised Via Air had that many passengers considering they had over 50% of flights canceled.

I’m assuming we lost some frontier capacity or did we all decide we don’t like them?
    I believe Frontier has pulled back quite a bit. Their dartboard route network strategy tends to shift capacity around month to month.

What was Frontier flying last November that they weren't flying this November? Just MCO and DEN, right?

DEN was daily, MCO was 4x weekly. I believe they are 4x and 3x weekly, respectively now.

23. Default Re: 2018 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

On target for 4.2 million pax. ... very nice
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

https://newsok.com/article/5617596/w...rlyAccess=true

Nice little story, td:lr verision- new passenger record with a month to go

Effective April, AA will return to 3x daily to CLT. This was reduced to 2x to accommodate the new PHL capacity. It’s a good indicator that PHL is doing well and not cannibalizing CLT traffic too much.

Thread Information