Widgets Magazine
Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Devon Construction Cam

Default Re: Devon Tower Construction Cam!

I'm thinking it was between 7-8 a.m. when they started. Could be wrong, but it's looking to me like the far north edge (bottom of photo) may be nearing the top.

I wonder how many truckloads of concrete they will end up using just for the mat and support columns??

3. Default Re: Devon Tower Construction Cam!

Rotating 65 concrete trucks 'til about midnight.

Looks like concrete has reached the surface on the northeastern corner judging from the skyline cam.

5. Question Re: Devon Tower Construction Cam!

That's concrete! Hello!?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    ...ummm, maybe cement...

(lol, couldn't resist)

The last concrete trucks of the night are probably about to leave the plants right about now.....

Here is a time lapse I made of the pour in 2 parts. It appears there were a lot more than 65 trucks total.

Part 1

Part 2

Thanks for the time lapse of the pour. That's fun to see.

How long will it take for the concrete to dry? And then when are we going to start seeing some floors go up?

MadMonk Guest

Nice job!

E.K. Gaylord would NEVER have made people pay to see the live webcam...I knew him when I worked both at OPUBCO and OCURA...he was a true Oklahoman and would have shared it with all for free...even in today's environment...he was just built that way.

12. Default Re: Devon Tower Construction Cam!

For those who missed this from three pages ago:
    Without getting into details, the subscriber wall was needed for reasons other than profit. If profit were the motive here, I'm pretty sure the cam would be open to all, allowing for greater hits on the page to bring in advertisers.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    For those who missed this from three pages ago:
    Without getting into details, the subscriber wall was needed for reasons other than profit. If profit were the motive here, I'm pretty sure the cam would be open to all, allowing for greater hits on the page to bring in advertisers.
    Just curious what the reasons are? There are plenty of sites that allow you to stream stuff live for free...not that I mind, I'm a subscriber - just haven't gotten around to getting cam access.

14. Default Re: Devon Tower Construction Cam!

The reasons are reasons that I can't get into here, - just know it had nothing to do with circulation.

15. Default Re: Devon Tower Construction Cam!

No ones trying to be rude Steve, but those type of answers are only going to make more people ask why subscribers are only given access to the live cam.

Might as well just ignore them and tell them to sign up.

16. Default Re: Devon Tower Construction Cam!

I know. And I'm trying to be as responsive as I can. Suggestion noted Architect2010. Thanks.

All the world...loves...MYSTERY!

18. Default Re: Devon Tower Construction Cam!

Ah, it's not a mystery. You've several big companies involved here with a lot of things to take into consideration. If you guys would just think it through for a minute or two, you'd figure it out and go "oh, duh." If you've got a subscription, just sign up and enjoy the view. If not, you've got the OKC Talk webcam which presents some stunning images. Surely there's something going on Washington, D.C. this weekend that can keep you buzzing about for the day.
    Question: would you guys like to be informed when there will be camera close ups going on?

Hey y'all! This is my first post ever and I just want to say Thank You to Steve for getting the streaming web cam. I think we need to step back a bit and take into account that he doesn't own the paper and the decisions that are made about all these things are not his to make. You see how long we waited to it at all..and then in time for the pour . You would have thought Devon would have done it to begin with. So, again, thanks. P.S. yes, I would like to know when the close ups are.

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    question: Would you guys like to be informed when there will be camera close ups going on?
    yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Flinty, I don't think we contemplated Kindles in this set-up, and yes, we absolutely should have. Contact webmaster@newsok.com and tell him I advised you to bring this situation to his attention. I don't know if we can resolve it today (hopefully we can), but if not, I'm sure we can get something going Monday. The Devon cam access should be no different than access for subscribers on our archives.
    I sent a couple of emails but haven't received a reply as yet. I think the Kindle subscription is only $6 per month or something so I wasn't really expecting it to work but was wondering.

22. Default Re: Devon Tower Construction Cam!

Flinty, we're working on the Kindle angle. Can you email me at slackmeyer@oklahoman.com with your contact info so I can expedite this?

23. Default Re: Devon Tower Construction Cam!

I'm a Kindle subscriber too. I think it's actually $9.95 or something like that.

Steve,

I, for one, think you have gone way beyond the call of duty (representing "The Oklahoman") in answering each and every question about the webcam and circulation, etc, etc, etc.

Thank You!!!!!

A little bit of info....Dolese is pouring the concrete for Devon. My husband works of Dolese and was on the night shift Sunday March 21st. They were rotating 65 trucks throughout the day, as soon as the mixer truck unloads its mix onto the pump trucks they head back to the plant to load up again. They did this major step on Sunday because of less traffic. The round(ish) looking slab is the size of the entire building and the 7 story hub will be next to the parking garage on the right.

Thread Information