Widgets Magazine
Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Default Re: 2018 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Seems they are still operating, I have seen on a pilot forum that they only have about 15 pilots on staff. Seems the door will shut any minute.

They have not flown into OKC since Nov 5.

I had a friend call the airport (not sure who they spoke to), but said person at airport said that Via has only cancelled 1 flight this month. Not sure if the airport is just waiting for an official press release from Via before making a more formal announcement but it's pretty obvious that Via is struggling.

Looks like delta is taking up all the new gates. Don’t know if it’s delta expanding or just moving.

https://newsok.com/article/5615139/a...four-new-gates

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    Looks like delta is taking up all the new gates. Don’t know if it’s delta expanding or just moving.

https://newsok.com/article/5615139/a...four-new-gates
    Probably just moving to those gates. Of course, the airline (network carrier) with the lowest gate utilization at the airport gets the brand new gates. Maybe they can move Frontier and Alaska to 20 and 22 respectively, thus giving American some breathing room.

After 9 am, Delta town is dead, shame all of that new real estate will waste away all afternoon.

Maybe Delta will add an additional SLC flight with the new gates (once SLC is remodeled). I heard that DL was trying to beef up AUS so would an AUS flight work for them from here?

Just tossing around random ideas to support the new gates

6. Default Re: 2018 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

I thought shifting AA or SWA to new gates was a lock. Shame

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Probably just moving to those gates. Of course, the airline (network carrier) with the lowest gate utilization at the airport gets the brand new gates. Maybe they can move Frontier and Alaska to 20 and 22 respectively, thus giving American some breathing room.

After 9 am, Delta town is dead, shame all of that new real estate will waste away all afternoon.
    You would think with Americans new expansion they would be aggressive and want the new gates but delta moving and American taking over their gates wouldn’t be the worst thing.

8. Default Re: 2018 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

I can't imagine an airline paying for 4 gates unless they planned to use them. I bet there is some level of new service planned.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    I can't imagine an airline paying for 4 gates unless they planned to use them. I bet there is some level of new service planned.
    I think Delta will be taking 3, the city will keep one gate in their pocket just as they have previously/currently with gate 1. No one is the leaseholder for Gate 1, but Allegiant uses it on an a daily rental basis. Other airlines can use it too on a turn (4-hr rental) basis. First come first served.

How do the gates get allocated? High bidder?, favors?,

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    How do the gates get allocated? High bidder?, favors?,
    Whatever makes OKC seem the worst, I imagine.

But they were probably bid out.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny d View Post
    Whatever makes OKC seem the worst, I imagine.

But they were probably bid out.
    Was likely first come first served for getting them. They should have done it on a balancing basis.

It’s very common for airports to get unbalanced as they expand. The best move would have been to move American down there that way it moves 40k passengers a month from the far end of the West Concourse to the east.

This would lessen the strain on the west concours significantly. It is a madhouse during peak times. Moving Delta really does nothing as those passengers are already on the east end, and moving Frontier and Alaska to those gates would not really move that many passengers over. I don’t think AA can operate out of 3 gates, so they wouldn’t be doing better moving to DL’s old gates.

13. Default Re: 2018 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

So we'll have three empty gates after DL/DL Connection move?

14. Default Re: 2018 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

I think Delta will be taking 3, the city will keep one gate in their pocket just as they have previously/currently with gate 1. No one is the leaseholder for Gate 1, but Allegiant uses it on an a daily rental basis. Other airlines can use it too on a turn (4-hr rental) basis. First come first served.
    It's what the DOK article said online.

I see Via Airlines operated their flight from Austin into OKC yesterday. It was delayed over 4 hours but it's the 1st time that the airline has flown into OKC since November 4.

Anyone know how many people were on this flight?

Blog Entries

U.S. Air Force officials have selected Tinker Air Force Base to provide maintenance for the B-21 Raider once the bomber comes online in the mid 2020s, Air Force Secretary Heather Wilson announced Friday.

Wilson said the Air Force hasn't determined how many jobs the new mission might create, but she expects it to be comparable to the KC-46A mission, which created about 1,350 jobs at the base. Wilson said she expected the base would need to expand its maintenance facilities to accommodate the new mission, although base officials have no plans to do so.
    Oklahoman: https://www.oklahoman.com/tinker-air...rticle/5615270

Blog Entries

What kind of impact will this make on Tinker Air Force Base?

It would be nice to have a daily non stop to BNA . Now it is an 11 hour drive & not that much shorter door to door via whatever connection ! Maybe SWA would be interested . How can this be encouraged ?? Who to contact ?

Quote Originally Posted by Eef062 View Post
    It would be nice to have a daily non stop to BNA . Now it is an 11 hour drive & not that much shorter door to door via whatever connection ! Maybe SWA would be interested . How can this be encouraged ?? Who to contact ?
    I believe SWA announced they would be flying non-stop between BNA and OKC back in March of this year...

Added: It is only on Sundays and has been in place since October.
    Last edited by PaddyShack; 11-21-2018 at 07:15 AM. Reason: added clarification

AA adding a second PHX round trip beginning in February. The new flight will be a 5:55am departure.

Obviously AA is liking OKC.
    This second flight to PHX will be upgraded to an A319 on the day it begins. No reductions anywhere else to compensate.

21. Default Re: 2018 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

If I didn't use a SWA card it would be a no brainer to use AA to PHX. SWA is significantly more on the days that I have looked at for future travel.

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    If I didn't use a SWA card it would be a no brainer to use AA to PHX. SWA is significantly more on the days that I have looked at for future travel.
    Not to get too far off topic, but unless you’re getting the companion pass because you use the card, there are better point earning cards that transfer points 1:1 with Southwest.

23. Default Re: 2018 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sooner333 View Post
    Not to get too far off topic, but unless you’re getting the companion pass because you use the card, there are better point earning cards that transfer points 1:1 with Southwest.
    Such as....(honestly curious).

Any Chase Ultimate Rewards card transfers 1:1 to Southwest, and some, like Chase Sapphire Reserve, offer 3x points on all travel and restaurant expenses. The actual Southwest cards don't offer any multipliers on any category purchases.

25. Default Re: 2018 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

They offer 2x on all southwest airlines purchases, and rapid rewards hotel and rental car partners.

Thread Information