Widgets Magazine
Page 30 of 85 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343580 ... LastLast

Thread: University Town Center

1. Default Re: UPDATE! University North Park

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    That is The Ranch Steakhouse and Grill which is a national chain with that logo.
    The only hits I'm getting for The Ranch Steakhouse and Grill are all located in the UK.

At the same time the steakhouse located here is not branded as The Ranch Steakhouse... It is Ranch Steakhouse.

2. Default Re: UPDATE! University North Park

I personally don't see a restaurant of that caliber going in next to a tire store across from a kohls. My money is on it being something different.

Default Re: UPDATE! University North Park

Have no idea if it's Ranch Steakhouse from OKC, but I could see someone just finding a stock logo online somewhere of a place called "the ranch" and slapping it on there without paying attention if they're the same company. After all, kite is a huge REIT, and I doubt the person that put together that picture tried very hard to look for a logo of OKC's Ranch.

If it is OKC's Ranch, then it's s huge score for Norman. Wife and I just ate there tonight for our anniversary and it was absolutely amazing. Puts Red Prime and Mickey Mantles to shame, it's not even close.

4. Default Re: UPDATE! University North Park

Well the high end restaurants were originally slated to go near Legacy Park. One of the first names I heard tossed around originally was going to be Mahogany. But with the delays that took place on Legacy Park. I'm guessing that's what made Hal Smith Group choose the downtown location instead.

At one time I had seen a future development map that showed a Shepler's would be going in UNP too but I'm not sure with the Boot Barn acquisition of Shepler's if that will still happen or not.

5. Default Re: UPDATE! University North Park

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    Well the high end restaurants were originally slated to go near Legacy Park. One of the first names I heard tossed around originally was going to be Mahogany. But with the delays that took place on Legacy Park. I'm guessing that's what made Hal Smith Group choose the downtown location instead.

At one time I had seen a future development map that showed a Shepler's would be going in UNP too but I'm not sure with the Boot Barn acquisition of Shepler's if that will still happen or not.
    I could see The Ranch having it's own building like the Red Rock Grill that is going in but next to a tire place in a strip mall area seems odd for a high end place. I could be wrong though.

6. Default Re: UPDATE! University North Park

LOL the Ranch makes my top three in OKC to be sure, but "...puts Red Prime and Mickey Mantle's to shame, it's not even close..." is an outlandish statement. FWIW it would be third in my book, behind those places, which are virtually interchangeable at 1 and 2.

7. Default Re: UPDATE! University North Park

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    I could see The Ranch having it's own building like the Red Rock Grill that is going in but next to a tire place in a strip mall area seems odd for a high end place. I could be wrong though.
    Yep... I agree completely that the location is wrong and it would be a stand alone building for a prime steakhouse.

8. Default Re: UPDATE! University North Park

I guess it would be its own building on that lot. Just odd to be there.

Looking at the post earlier it looks like the Tucker's was going in where the Tropical Cafe is located on the other map here: http://assets.kiterealty.com/_files/...20160314155810

9. Default Re: UPDATE! University North Park

Updated Graphic:

http://i.imgur.com/n1oDXra.png

Thats the real Ranch Steakhouse. Also shows Chilis and that Tuckers and the Japanese Steakhouse are sharing a site.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Are there any plans to make this the least bit accessible on foot? Took my car for tires at Discount Tires and planned to run home. The west side of 24th has zero sidewalks and there is only one crossing point to get to the sidewalk on the east side of the road. But that doesn't really help if you plan to go to Rock Creek since the sidewalk ends just north of Crest. I understand many lots are still under construction, but there doesn't look like plans or places for sidewalks in the future. So you either get to go through the parking lot or into traffic on 24th, which is 40-45 mph for the whole stretch.

Lets change the name to University North Carpark.

Quote Originally Posted by mattjank View Post
    Are there any plans to make this the least bit accessible on foot? Took my car for tires at Discount Tires and planned to run home. The west side of 24th has zero sidewalks and there is only one crossing point to get to the sidewalk on the east side of the road. But that doesn't really help if you plan to go to Rock Creek since the sidewalk ends just north of Crest. I understand many lots are still under construction, but there doesn't look like plans or places for sidewalks in the future. So you either get to go through the parking lot or into traffic on 24th, which is 40-45 mph for the whole stretch.

Lets change the name to University North Carpark.
    This is the exact reason why I have been against this entire development since its inception, especially since a TIF district was created. TIF districts are "supposed" to be used to help create an environment that would not otherwise be created alone. This whole area is just a new-age retail strip development with "fancy" brick facades. I would imagine that planned "park/plaza" will be highly underutilized. It's really unfortunate because UNP could have really been a special place to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Geographer View Post
    This is the exact reason why I have been against this entire development since its inception, especially since a TIF district was created. TIF districts are "supposed" to be used to help create an environment that would not otherwise be created alone. This whole area is just a new-age retail strip development with "fancy" brick facades. I would imagine that planned "park/plaza" will be highly underutilized. It's really unfortunate because UNP could have really been a special place to be.
    Agreed. Especially since there is no way to walk there from any parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by mattjank View Post
    Agreed. Especially since there is no way to walk there from any parking lot.
    I should change my username to "OH GAWD THE PARKING!"

#lolparking

lolparking2.JPG

lolparking.JPG

14. Default Re: UPDATE! University North Park

Quote Originally Posted by Geographer View Post
    I should change my username to "OH GAWD THE PARKING!"

#lolparking

lolparking2.JPG

lolparking.JPG
    I will say this. That Crest parking lot could be cut in 1/4th and still be fine. It is never full

HangryHippo Guest

Is it weird to anyone else that the "park" was put next to I-35? The truck traffic kind of kills the vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
    Is it weird to anyone else that the "park" was put next to I-35? The truck traffic kind of kills the vibe.
    Yeah and you would think it would also make more sense to have stores there to display more activity and more advertisement closer to the highway.

17. Default Re: UPDATE! University North Park

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Yeah and you would think it would also make more sense to have stores there to display more activity and more advertisement closer to the highway.

I thought it would be nicer on the opposite side of the street. Lots of trees and would be a bit quieter.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    LOL the Ranch makes my top three in OKC to be sure, but "...puts Red Prime and Mickey Mantle's to shame, it's not even close..." is an outlandish statement. FWIW it would be third in my book, behind those places, which are virtually interchangeable at 1 and 2.
    If you're going for the atmosphere/location, those other 2 are great depending on how you like your decor. But in my opinion, the steaks don't even compare to the ranch. My first experience at red prime, I thought it was on par with Texas Roadhouse, not a high end steakhouse. Actually had a couple other people say the same thing to me. My second and only other visit there was better, but nowhere near the ranch. Mickey Mantles is better than RP, IMO, but not close to the ranch either.

And to be fair, my first visit to RP was during restaurant week. So they may have been cheaping out on their cuts. But I am certain it wasn't a prime cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
    I completely agree. I think it was somewhere else on this message board that someone explained that the developers decided to move it next to I-35 because they believed people would be driving by, see the nice park, and want to pull off the highway and visit UNP. [Facepalm]

I noticed today that Torchy's Tacos has its sign up and they look like they are getting close.

23. Default Re: UPDATE! University North Park

I forgot Torchy's was going in. Ate at one in Austin and it wasn't too bad. I'll probably stick to the locally owned taquerias myself but it's a good option for people that find the local taquerias to be outside their comfort zone.

Just took today. Snapped real quick while driving by haha
    Torchy's Tacos:
    image.jpeg
    Chili's:
    image.jpeg

What is the building in the SW corner next to the Legacy Park amphitheater and lake? Has this already been discussed. I'd say it's within 4-6 weeks of completion.

Thread Information