Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lofts on Broadway Extension

1. Default Re: Lofts on Broadway Extention

5th Avenue and Garage Lofts are both in historic loft-style buildings with secure indoor parking. Both are on Broadway which is a main thoroughfare coming north out of downtown. Garage Lofts is about 16th and thus a little further from the action downtown and in Bricktown. 5th Ave. has great access to the downtown YMCA and a few retail and restaurant options in Automobile Alley (Broadway) and is very close to Bricktown--and also in a cooler building IMO.

Deep Deuce at Bricktown, as it's called, is not actually in Bricktown. Deep Deuce is a seperate distict just north of Bricktown. These apartments are about 8-9 years old and have a nice urban feel to them and a cool clubhouse. It's definitely geared towards young professionals. They have gated parking but most people seem to park on the street. They are 3-4 story buildings built right up to the sidewalk. I have heard some negative things about the service/maintenance there. If you like Bricktown's restaurants, nightlife, movie theatre, etc. this is a phenomenal location just over the Walnut St. Bridge.

Also downtown is the Park Harvey where I live. It's a highrise that was just converted from office this year. They aren't lofts, but have a modern style and great views--up to the 17th floor. Park Harvey is smack in the middle of downtown with great access to parking garages, the downtown library, the Museum of Art, the Civic Center, and the Ford Center. Rent is resonable (on par with Deep Deuce) and the service/maintenance has been great for the most part. No W/D in unit, however.

There is also a couple other options like Regency Tower (older highrise next the Memorial) and Legacy at Arts Quarter (more expensive brand new apartments on the west side).

Default Re: Lofts on Broadway Extention

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    Oh dear. Please don't be mranderson with the semantics.

What would you prefer I call an autobahn-style road with on/off-ramps and no intersections?
    I understand, however keep in mind that the poster mentioned he is new, just joined the site, and is obviously not familiar with the area, so inaccurately telling him it is next to the interstate could be a big deal. If it were you and I talking and we're both familiar with the area, it would be no big deal, but this poster as mentioned is obviously not, so I think I did no harm in accurately correcting you in stating it is not next to an interstate, the nearest interstate is several miles away. You obviously knew the poster was new and not familiar with at least parts of OKC or you wouldn't explain things in the way you did above.

I agree with you above in that the 5th avenue lofts are better located, don't know if you've ever been inside and have seen a unit though, they are dog ugly and not laid out very good. Heck, the owner uses a bright teal green for the wood color and trim. It doesn't match anything. He won't let his tenants paint it a neutral color at their own expense either. The Garage lofts however, are true urban lofts and much better layout and feel, they are just further away from the action than 5th, however they are close to the ever rising MidTown.

Thanks Jbrown, i knew coming here was right. I needed the kind of feedback that you all are giving, i never heard of the Park Harvey untill now and they look pretty good, i was looking at lofts because i like how they look, feel, whatever, but i'm definally now set on a loft. i just wanted a good apartment, in an area that's fun, and reasonably safe. hehe i know i'm asking a lot of you all but it's always good to ask the questions before signing a lease for 1 year or 2...

Yeah i like this place, thanks for the info. i appreciate the help. And Jbrown, tnx about the park harvey info. i was looking at lofts but i'm not set on it. i'm just looking for something that looks good, in a good location for some fun, dinning, you know, that kind of stuff. hmmm sorry about all the questions but i feel better by asking this now, intead of signing a lease without doing and research and ending up hating the place. thanks again

5. Default Re: Lofts on Broadway Extention

No problem. That's what this board is for. Here's the website.

Home | Park Harvey

Also, another option is a plethora of historic apartment buildings in midtown and uptown. Most of them smaller 4 or 6-plexes, but one in particular--The Aberdeen--is more around 12 stories and is pretty close to Garage Lofts just off broadway in Midtown. The smaller ones are nearby there, as well as scattered around Midtown and uptown, particularly in the Paseo area (36th and Walker).

6. Default Re: Lofts on Broadway Extention

Out of curiosity, where are you coming from, and where will you be working here?

Good question jbrown. And Brazuka, FYI be prepared to spend $1300 or more for a loft. The Park Harvey will set you back about $500-$700 or so on rent and I believe they pay some of your utilities there. There is also the Deep Deuce apartments. Deep Deuce or the Legacy Summit at Arts Quarter apartments in the Art District. Legacy Communities, the Classen Home | theclassen and many others downtown or near downtown.

metro, when I checked out the Park Harvey, it was MUCH higher than that (but I was looking at 2-bedrooms). Also, with the Park Harvey, none of your parking is included. With Legacy Summit, you get ONE space included. Deep Deuce includes 2 cars.

I think with Legacy and Harvey, parking is around $125/month/car not included.

I'm pretty confident that Park Harvey has many units from $500(studio of course) to $755 (some 2 beds on lower floors). I think their max rent was less than $1000. They may have gone up though I don't see why as they have plenty of units left. Also I was told they have a discounted rate on parking at the Galleria parking garage across the street for like $90 a month.

10. Default Re: Lofts on Broadway Extention

No, the Galleria garage is only $50 with the half off discount.

Metro's right about the rents. A 2-bed on the 17th floor probably maxes out around 1300. Also, utilities are a flat rate that really is a pretty good deal. For a studio it's $65 a month for water, gas, electric and you don't have to mess with extra bills.

hehe, sorry i guess i didn't really introduce myself.
    Jbrown, I'm coming from Italy. In in the Air Force and i'll be stationed in Tinker, which is right there, but i dislike staying too close to base and i want to stay in OKC, not the smaller towns around it. i've lived in bigger cities most of my life and it's the city life that i like. anyways, that should be good for now, i'll say more about where i was born and stuff later i guess...

Would somebody please correct the spelling of "Extention" in the title of this thread? It's "Extension".

Default Re: Lofts on Broadway Extension

ask and you shall receive. -M

stay away from these apartments-BAD NEWS. I know because I used to live there. Ended up not even staying the full term of the lease because it was so bad. A lot of other tenants we knew ended up moving out of there as well. This place is not worth the $999 I was paying. Trust me, save the money and go rent a nicer loft downtown they are WAY cheaper than this and not as shoddy on the workmanship. There are tons of really nice condo's on Automoblile Alley (Broadway & 13th all the way into downtown area).

Default Re: Lofts on Broadway Extension

Actually the lofts downtown are more expensive, not WAY cheaper. Perhaps you are thinking of Legacy Arts, Park Harvey or Deep Deuce apartments that you can all get an apartment under $700. I'm also not aware of tons of condo's in Automobile Alley. There are a few lofts, but most start at $1300.

Keri, can you tell us what type of problems you had at Broadway Lofts, I'm not a fan of them either, mainly because they look so out of place, like a giant stainless steel trailer home.

Thread Information