Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rendezvous Pizza

Default Re: Rendezvous Pizza

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    Went last night and must have been an off night for our server. After taking our order, all four of us commented at the same time about how rude and short the server was. They appeared to be severely understaffed as she was the only server we saw. Had to ask for silverware and napkins and she brought them for our table but not the half of our group sitting next to us so had to ask again (our college kids and we ordered as one group). Asked for wine as I can't drink beer and was told either red or white was my choice and she didn't know what they were.

However....their wings are on point. Nice char grilled with great sauces. The PB and J wings were really tasty. The blue cheese dressing was really good also with big chunks of blue cheese. I would go back and sit at the bar if hankering for wings. Would not return for the pizza as we thought the pizza was bland. We had the NY style pepperoni and the NY style supreme. Did not try the Detroit style so can not comment on that.
    Same type of experience, 2 posts up, lol. I didn't mention the server experience, but it wasn't as bad as yours, it was just slow and we had to ask for our drinks (tea and a beer, shouldn't really take more than about 1 minute to get those out, but we sat for 5 minutes while there were only 2 other tables and 2 at the bar and the bartender was busy cleaning glasses).

Blog Entries

My experience there a couple months ago was so-so. I'd probably give another chance, but gf is like not worth going back up there.

The plan was always to expand the Rendezvous concept, and they will be taking over the S&B Burger spot at 14020 N. May near Quail Springs.

This will be fantastic! We have been very impressed with their pizza but just don't get down to Bricktown hardly ever except for baseball games.

S&B has closed at this new site and they've already started construction.

In the upper left is the new strip center under construction to the east of Industry.

Rendezvous opens tomorrow, 9/26.

How is the pizza?

I've only gone to the original location once but only because it's a far enough out of my way that I don't remember to visit more often, on that one trip I found the pizza to be quite good.

9. Default Re: Rendezvous Pizza

I have eaten at Rendezvous Pizza in Bricktown several times and I really like it. The pizza is great and the beer list is extensive and fairly cheap. I will be checking out the northside location for lunch on Friday!

Yes we stopped in to try it out before a Dodgers game one Sunday afternoon and were very pleasantly surprised. Had never tried Detroit style pizza but man it was super good. Excited to eat at the Northside location.

Quote Originally Posted by Boop View Post
    How is the pizza?
    Mediocre. I've had better pizza from the national chains.

The lunch deal is pretty decent. You get a slice or square, a salad and a drink for $10. I didn't time it, but it took at least 30 minutes to get our order and the pizza wasn't particularly fresh, or even that good. Very few toppings and little sauce on the NY Style, not to mention vegetables being almost raw and in the form of huge pieces. The sauce on the Detroit style was pretty good, but still a mediocre pizza. Both salads (Ceasar and house with creamy Italian) were excellent, except mine had an entire, intact Romaine leaf in it. We were both on lunch from work, so didn't get to try their drink menu. That had some interesting sounding cocktails I would like to try.

Agreed. I've only had their Detroit-style, but I wasn't overly impressed. Like Corwin1968, I like their sauce, but it felt light on the toppings, including the cheese - and there was less caramelization to the crust than I'd prefer. It's certainly far from bad but I think Providence slings superior squares. I do like that Rendezvous has two size options for Detroit-style, though. Haven't tried their NY style at all.

We went last week and really liked it. I've become a fan of Detroit-Style lately, and I'd rank it as #2 behind Providence. But that might be because Providence was the first DS pizza I ever had. :-)

Like any pizza, it's never going to be as good if you buy a slice vs. an entire pie.

Slices are from pizzas that have been sitting and then they often reheat them, which dries them out.

You can sometimes get lucky with a slice from a freshly baked pie, but generally I've been very disappointed in just about every slice I've ever order.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Like any pizza, it's never going to be as good if you buy a slice vs. an entire pie.

Slices are from pizzas that have been sitting and then they often reheat them, which dries them out.

You can sometimes get lucky with a slice from a freshly baked pie, but generally I've been very disappointed in just about every slice I've ever order.
    I understand that but Empire seems to be the exception. I've always loved their slices way better than their whole pies. The slices have less flop and the bottom crust is always great but the last time I got an entire pie I asked for it well done and it was great.

My favorites are Providence both styles, Halls, Empire and Mozz and Mari's but I think they are closed or closing for a while and Mazzios is always solid for a chain pie and the closest one to me is penn/NW 23rd

16. Default Re: Rendezvous Pizza

I met my adult son and daughter last Sunday at the new Rendezvous location by Quail Springs Mall. I arrived early and sat at the bar for a beer while watching some NFL and it's a good place to watch a game.

We split a large Detroit-style pepperoni pizza and the Chicken Strips and Fries. The pizza was great - still sizzling from the oven, cheesy and bubbly and very tasty. The chicken strips were not bad - not as good as the pizza, but a good accompaniment to it. The fries were cooked perfectly and had just the right amount of salt. All in all, it was a good, tasty meal and we will eat there again.

One of the very best things about Rendezvous is it's very reasonable.

For lunch, you can get a slice, salad and soft drink for $10.

Beers start and $2.50.

18. Default Re: Rendezvous Pizza

One of the very best things about Rendezvous is it's very reasonable.

For lunch, you can get a slice, salad and soft drink for $10.

Beers start and $2.50.
    Pete, this place has one of the best Happy Hours in town.

I met some friends yesterday at the Quail Springs location. I had 3 Miller Lite's from the tap (around $5 total), a pound of really good smoked chicken wings ($7.50), and a slice of New York-style pepperoni pizza ($2.25). It cost me $16 and change and I tipped the rest, for a grand total of $20.

THAT, OKCTalkers, is a BARGAIN. And a very tasty bargain at that!

what time frame does the happy hour run for

Blog Entries

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F9282A55-44EF-4B1B-A0BC-AA53B9516D0F.jpeg 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	17924
    I just make pizza at home, 24 hour sourdough.

^

Sam's Club now has a good replica of the expensive Ooni home pizza oven for only $200.

It gets around the issue of a home oven not being able to get hot enough, as you generally need to hit 700-900 degrees to replicate the crust from a commercial pizza oven.

A home pizza oven is an extravagance but for $200 I might give it a go.

^

Sam's Club now has a good replica of the expensive Ooni home pizza oven for only $200.

It gets around the issue of a home oven not being able to get hot enough, as you generally need to hit 700-900 degrees to replicate the crust from a commercial pizza oven.

A home pizza oven is an extravagance but for $200 I might give it a go.
    i have an ooni and it is one of the best presents i have ever gotten ..

great for Pizza but also great to sear steaks / pork chops veggies ... and cook fish at the lower temps ..

we use it weekly

that homemade pizza looks really tasty.

i bought a propane-powered pizza oven by blackstone a few years ago and it never got much use from me... the unit worked well enough but i never really got the hang of launching the pizza into the oven. i might have to give that another try soon.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    i have an ooni and it is one of the best presents i have ever gotten ..

great for Pizza but also great to sear steaks / pork chops veggies ... and cook fish at the lower temps ..

we use it weekly
    I have been intrigued with the pizza ovens but didn't think we would use it much. Didn't think of other uses. Which model do you have? Is it indoors or out?

^

Great for naan bread as well, which is one of my all-time favorite things and something that is nearly impossible to make at home without a super-hot oven.

Thread Information