Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which movie have you seen the most?

Default Re: Which movie have you seen the most?

Quote Originally Posted by hoyasooner View Post

#1 though is probably The Little Mermaid. My cousin and my little sister watch that tape over and over again until it wore out.
    That was my experience with my nieces watching the Ducktales movie over and over and over when they were younger. I had it memorized! Now my daughter has me watching Frozen as many times. I can sing right along with the film now (to her delight).

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonk View Post
    The Fifth Element
    I'm not sure what it is about this movie...but any time I am flipping though the channels, and run across this one...I CANNOT TURN away. Because of this, it really is one of my favorite movies of all time...yet, I'm still not sure why.

Here are the favorites from my house:

Dances with Wolves
    The Untouchables
    East of Eden
    The Princess Bride
    Raising Arizona
    Skyfall

Excalibur.

One summer in the 1980's I literally watched that movie every day and could recite the first half, word for word, for years after. The second half of the movie sort of loses it's way, pretty much concurrently with Arthur losing his way. Overall, it's a visually beautiful movie although much of the acting now makes me cringe. Liam Neeson, Patrick Stewart, Ciaran Hinds and Gabriel Byrne were all just starting their acting careers when they appeared in Excalibur.

I have the distinction of buying the first VHS cassette ever sold at the Ponca City Hastings. I went in right after they opened the doors and found Excalibur on the shelf with both a rent price and a purchase price. I took it to the register and the cashier didn't even know that people could buy VHS tapes rather than just rent them. I had that tape until about 3 years ago when I sold it for a dollar at a garage sale. The sentimentalist side of me sort of regrets selling it but it would just be more junk cluttering up my Man-Cave.

^
    i can't hear ccr's "down on the corner" without thinking about that movie. -M

Gosh this is hard.

"Shawshank" is clearly up there. "A Few Good Men" is, as well. "The Fugitive" is also an all-timer.

Next-tier: Apollo 13, "The Help" (a newcomer), "A League of Their Own"

"Christmas Story" is *the* movie that I will watch endlessly on Christmas, and is the one my wife and I will remember staying up late and having run in the background while we wrapped Santa's goodies for our then-little kids. "Christmas Vacation" is a distant second, but it's still a seasonal favorite. "Home Alone" is a big deal, too, but for some reason it doesn't seem to get as much play as it once did...maybe perception on my part.

The first Star Trek movie is in there, but that's more of a "me" thing rather than a family favorite.

Lots of titles I've left off there I'll think about later

"The Last of the Mohicans." Probably seen it about 50 times...really. The. Best. Movie. Ever. I almost never watch a movie more than a couple of times, maybe three tops, but this one is an exception. In fact, just watched it again today.

Another would be "Grapes of Wrath" (in black and white, no less).

And, yes, "Christmas Vacation" and "27 Dresses." I like diversity in my movies.

Thread Information