Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Jersey Say No To Tesla Direct Sales

Default Re: New Jersey Say No To Tesla Direct Sales

Quote Originally Posted by Garin View Post
    You walk everywhere ?
    Harking (in the metaphorical sense of the term) back to the Thread Title . . .
    [New Jersey Say (sic) No To Tesla Direct Sales]

Would it be fair to say that New Jersey seems to be the Westinghouse of assholism vis-a-vis Tesla?
    Or is all that simply coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by Cid View Post
    You guys are funny with your conspiracies.

No, no it wouldn't. Unless Tesla going into bankruptcy drags the entire electric car/hyrbid car industry with it, the large manufacturers will continue down this road.

The volt is a hot seller it's literally on fire.

Didn't Edison have a park or sumpin' in New Jersey?
    Isn't Chris Christie the governor?
    Coincidence?
    Mebbe.

Quote Originally Posted by Garin View Post
    You walk everywhere ?
    Yet another mindless Garin post. Totally devoid of any connection to reality.

Here is the exact sequence of the conversation:
    Garin:
    How many electric cars do you own Cid? And which brand is it.

Cid:
    None.

Garin:
    You walk everywhere ?

Seriously... are you slow, son? Please tell me the answer is no. I don't want to feel guilty.

Yet another mindless Garin post. Totally devoid of any connection to reality.

Here is the exact sequence of the conversation:
    Garin:
    How many electric cars do you own Cid? And which brand is it.

Cid:
    None.

Garin:
    You walk everywhere ?

Seriously... are you slow, son? Please tell me the answer is no. I don't want to feel guilty.
    "Seriously, Son . . . Are ya' slow 'r whut?
    We're tawkin' New Jersey here, boy . . .
    Ya' gotta listen close so's you can discern whut I mean . . .

"New Jersey don't even know how to make a proper Salsa in a Jar
    and suddenly we've jumped to Electric Cars? (!) . . . " =)

(I apologize in advance for interrupting the flow of logic and whatever on this thread . . .)

Tesla has a year 2020 goal of producing 500,000 batteries for electric cars. This electric car thing may just be a fad, but to believe so you are betting against Musk...

Sent from my ****tyLaptop

Prunepicker Guest

I'm all for Tesla. I'm not for government funding.

I'd buy a Tesla in a heart beat if I had the money.

I wouldn't buy a government funded car for any price.

Quote Originally Posted by Prunepicker View Post
    I'm curious, why should the federal government be involved with private
    business, unless it's something illegal?

I say nothing.
    Ha!

At first I was confused and I thought you were complaining quietly with respect to the GM bailout or the Tesla gov't loans, but then I realized you were exercising restraint when it comes to bashing Christie!

Well done!

Tesla is supposed to create their more mass market car for the rumored 40-50K range, thats when things will get interesting!

Would you drive your privately produced car on a government subsidized roadway?

Prunepicker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by blangtang View Post
    Ha!
    At first I was confused and I thought you were complaining quietly with
    respect to the GM bailout or the Tesla gov't loans, but then I realized you were
    exercising restraint when it comes to bashing Christie!Well done!
    You honestly don't have a clue! LOL!

Not at all. Christie is a worthless meddling moderate.

In the meantime why should the government fund a private government?

Put up or puke.

Quote Originally Posted by blangtang View Post
    Tesla has a year 2020 goal of producing 500,000 batteries for electric cars. This electric car thing may just be a fad, but to believe so you are betting against Musk...

kind of like that hyper loop he's going to have built.....

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    kind of like that hyper loop he's going to have built.....
    No not at all. Tesla is an actual business.

Isn't there just a trace of a contradiction here? I mean, why wouldn't one buy a government funded car if one is already helping pay for it with one's tax dollars (here in our StateCapitalist WorkerTaxpayer's Paradise). Even if I didn't have to send money to DC to be redistributed, I wouldn't have enough money for a down-payment on a Tesla, so I guess this is all theoretical . . .

Why? Please explain.

This is proof that government at levels have lost their minds. It is 'solutions' like this that is screwing everything up.

Ohio Senate OKs deal allowing Tesla to sell cars | News OK

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — The Ohio Senate has passed a bill that would let electric car maker Tesla Motors operate three dealerships in the state.

Its passage Tuesday comes after Ohio auto dealers struck a compromise to let California-based Tesla sell its electric cars at existing stores in Columbus and Cincinnati. The company also could open a third store, planned for the Cleveland area, but no others.

No other automaker could operate manufacturer-owned stores in the state.
    So much for equal protection and all that jazz.

I'm curious as to why the 3 states that have banned sales of the Tesla(N.J., TX, & AZ) all have a common element of a GOP governor. Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    I'm curious as to why the 3 states that have banned sales of the Tesla(N.J., TX, & AZ) all have a common element of a GOP governor. Coincidence?
    Those aren't the only 3 states. Maryland and Virginia also banned Tesla and they have Democrat governors. New York is trying to ban them now. You have to realize this is one of those issue where the 1% are front and center. They are trying to protect their industry by using the power of government to keep them in the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    Those aren't the only 3 states. Maryland and Virginia also banned Tesla and they have Democrat governors. New York is trying to ban them now. You have to realize this is one of those issue where the 1% are front and center. They are trying to protect their industry by using the power of government to keep them in the money.
    True, but Virginia did have a GOP governor (McDonnell) in office when the ban was enacted. His track record indicates they might have gotten a gubernatorial veto if a car to the Governor had been forthcoming. Politics aside, I'm sure the level of money from car dealers associations to the ruling elite have the most to do with it. Still 5 states ban sales that were signed off by 4 GOP chief executives.

Does anyone on OKCTalk own a Tesla? Friend just bought one in NJ (He went to PA to buy it) and seems to really love it. Dumped his one year old 7 series BMW for it

THREAD RESURRECTION!

Welp, the Tesla Model 3 unveiling is tonight, and Tesla marches on.

I want to harken back to 2 years ago when some in this thread said they would be out of business soon.

Care to change your tune yet? This newfangled electric car thing seems to have staying power....

21. Default Re: New Jersey Say No To Tesla Direct Sales

^^^^^^
    The coal mining industry will approve.

THREAD RESURRECTION!

Welp, the Tesla Model 3 unveiling is tonight, and Tesla marches on.

I want to harken back to 2 years ago when some in this thread said they would be out of business soon.

Care to change your tune yet? This newfangled electric car thing seems to have staying power....
    They still don't post profits. Elon Musk is a very awesome man who is investing his money into what he believes will ultimately pay off. I wish him the best. The world needs more people like him.

Do remember where most energy comes from. So when you buy your Tesla and plug it in to an outlet, you can feel as you won't have any exhaust fumes. Do take a second to remember the rainforest being destroyed for lithium and the coal fire plants that pollute other communities.

Hopefully when these green advocates get their way to destroy entire ecosystems to put solar and wind farms in to make themselves feel better, you can rest your head a little more knowing where your energy comes from.

Until batteries can be made with less of an impact to the planet, energy comes from either nuclear or hydrogen, and nuclear or hydrogen has more R&D invested, everything is a work in progress and I only say these things to keep an open mind. The project of Tesla, imo, is to create an alternative to gasoline and create more competition. Look at what Space X is doing. Everything will ultimately benefit in the end even if Tesla isn's around in 10 years, it still did a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    They still don't post profits. Elon Musk is a very awesome man who is investing his money into what he believes will ultimately pay off. I wish him the best. The world needs more people like him.

Do remember where most energy comes from. So when you buy your Tesla and plug it in to an outlet, you can feel as you won't have any exhaust fumes. Do take a second to remember the rainforest being destroyed for lithium and the coal fire plants that pollute other communities.

Hopefully when these green advocates get their way to destroy entire ecosystems to put solar and wind farms in to make themselves feel better, you can rest your head a little more knowing where your energy comes from.

Until batteries can be made with less of an impact to the planet, energy comes from either nuclear or hydrogen, and nuclear or hydrogen has more R&D invested, everything is a work in progress and I only say these things to keep an open mind. The project of Tesla, imo, is to create an alternative to gasoline and create more competition. Look at what Space X is doing. Everything will ultimately benefit in the end even if Tesla isn's around in 10 years, it still did a great job.
    Love it.

First it was that they won't last long.
    WRONG - Two years later, going as strong as ever.

Then it was that they won't be mass produced.
    WRONG - Tesla hit 50,000 cars in 2015.

Then it was that they need to produce 10,000 per quarter.

Then it was that they need to produce 100,000 per year.
    WRONG - Tesla just took deposits for the Model 3 - OVER 230,000 orders. Model X is pacing 40,000 units per year alone. Look for Tesla's production to hit 100,000 this year.

Then it was that they have bad range.
    WRONG - If 215 to 300 miles of range every single day that you leave the garage is bad, then you have a completely unreasonable sense of "bad range".

Now it's that they don't post profits.
    I hear you on this. But keep in mind - Enron showed strong profits for years. Amazon took YEARS to post profits. I'll let you guess which company had a future.

Oh, and they're not green cars.
    I hear you on this too.

The difference is that with a battery powered car, you have choices. You can use solar, purchase wind, even power it from nuclear if that's your thing.
    With gas cars - you have no choice. It's gas. And with gas comes the unavoidable damage to the environment at BOTH the place you use the car and the place where the gas comes from - AND where it is transported in between.

Lithium production technology continues to improve, is recyclable, and doesn't do nearly as much damage to the environment as their direct counterparts (oil and gas).

It is NOT perfect. But it is a step in the right direction. Seems some people think the solution must be perfect in order for it to be a good one, which I find completely unreasonable.

Just going down this string of wrong predictions of yours, I'm going to stay on the side of Tesla.

24. Default Re: New Jersey Say No To Tesla Direct Sales

^^^^^^^
    I'm not disputing most of that, and actually would love to have a Tesla myself. It's exciting technology and a beautiful car. But - just like statements from electric car advocates usually are - the points regarding environmental impact are not nearly so cut and dried, and in fact tend to be misleading.

First, regarding power sourcing "choices," you really have very few. If you choose solar, from what I have read it would take nearly the entire output from the solar array on a typical suburban home to power a Tesla for a mere 12K miles per year. Anything over that and - around here at least - your Tesla is burning coal. Or natural gas. And of course, if you use up your roof powering your car, your home stays coal/ng reliant. A better trade carbon-wise would probably be solar for your house and CNG for your car. Plus, solar is still pretty cost-prohibitive and has its own environmental impacts, which everyone conveniently forgets to acknowledge.

Regarding "buying wind," unless you have a turbine in your back yard you are still burning carbon fuels. You're just paying a premium to finance more wind turbines and to SAY you're using wind. Plus, wind power also has some environmental impacts rarely discussed, and of course both solar and wind have manufacturing and transportation impacts on the environment.

Nuclear? In OKC? I don't think that is an actual choice. So really, no matter what, you're still burning carbon, even though everyone pretends there is a magic electricity fairy. Oh, and thanks to pipeline infrastructure CNG doesn't have the same transport costs or transportation carbon impact as gasoline and has a fraction of the emissions, so you left off another viable and reasonably appealing energy choice choice for non-electric transportation.

Honestly, if people were really serious about being green they would be looking less at types of fuel and more at using LESS energy, in general, i.e. living their lives in a smaller bubble.

Love it.

First it was that they won't last long.
    WRONG - Two years later, going as strong as ever.

Then it was that they won't be mass produced.

Then it was that they need to produce 10,000 per quarter.

Then it was that they need to produce 100,000 per year.
    WRONG - Tesla just took deposits for the Model 3 - OVER 230,000 orders. Model X is pacing 40,000 units per year alone. Look for Tesla's production to hit 100,000 this year.

Then it was that they have bad range.
    WRONG - If 215 to 300 miles of range every single day that you leave the garage is bad, then you have a completely unreasonable sense of "bad range".

Now it's that they don't post profits.
    I hear you on this. But keep in mind - Enron showed strong profits for years. Amazon took YEARS to post profits. I'll let you guess which company had a future.

Oh, and they're not green cars.
    I hear you on this too.

The difference is that with a battery powered car, you have choices. You can use solar, purchase wind, even power it from nuclear if that's your thing.
    With gas cars - you have no choice. It's gas. And with gas comes the unavoidable damage to the environment at BOTH the place you use the car and the place where the gas comes from - AND where it is transported in between.

Lithium production technology continues to improve, is recyclable, and doesn't do nearly as much damage to the environment as their direct counterparts (oil and gas).

It is NOT perfect. But it is a step in the right direction. Seems some people think the solution must be perfect in order for it to be a good one, which I find completely unreasonable.

Just going down this string of wrong predictions of yours, I'm going to stay on the side of Tesla.
    I am on the side of Tesla as well. I am not sure what string of predictions you are talking about. I drove a Tesla Model S for about 3 weeks back in Feb. and I loved it. Might consider getting one myself. Unfortunately the price point is out of my range for a little bit, so I'm getting a i3.

As far nuclear in OKC, it almost happened or at least a little east that would have supplied the city with power. Nuclear is not this big "oh my god it's nuclear power woooooow." It's a very simple concept and takes money, will power, and unfortunately politics to make it happen. Fun fact: I don't support the state spending any money on building nuclear power plants in Oklahoma for awhile until the technology improves.

Thread Information