Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kimray New Headquarters

Default Re: Kimray New Headquarters

I thought so but I didn't see it in the renderings or the PUD.

It was approved!

Oklahoma City Council approves Kimray relocation
    Special to The Sun

OKLA. CITY — Kimray Inc., a leading manufacturer of oil and gas control equipment, recently received approval from the Oklahoma City Council to move forward with plans to relocate its company headquarters. The new campus will be built on the northwest corner of Eastern Avenue and Britton Road, about 5 miles north of its current location.

“We are grateful for the decision of our city leaders to support our relocation to a new campus,” said Tom Hill, Kimray’s chairman and CEO, who is an Edmond resident. “We’ve been part of the Oklahoma City community for more than 65 years and are excited about our future.”

- See more at: Oklahoma City Council approves Kimray relocation » Business » The Edmond Sun

3. Default Re: Kimray New Headquarters

Ugh

Ugh? That stretch of Britton is ripe for development with plenty of acreage that's empty and waiting development. While it's not a new company, we need more commercial and industrial development. Hopefully this, combined with the other companies coming in up by the turnpike on the north side will help spur further development.

5. Default Re: Kimray New Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHayes View Post
    Ugh? That stretch of Britton is ripe for development with plenty of acreage that's empty and waiting development. While it's not a new company, we need more commercial and industrial development. Hopefully this, combined with the other companies coming in up by the turnpike on the north side will help spur further development.
    What makes you think acreage is "empty" therefor it just has to be waiting for development? Wow.

6. Default Re: Kimray New Headquarters

Because this is a city, not a farm? What else are you going to do out there in the tower farm?

7. Default Re: Kimray New Headquarters

What city?

Good news for Kimray employees.

Oklahoma City-based Kimray boosts starting pay 19 percent | News OK

The Oklahoma City manufacturer of valves and controls for the oil and gas industry said it increased entry-level hourly wages to $12.50, up from $10.50.

On 6/20/14 Kimray closed on the purchase of the 78 acres for $2.3 million.

I was wondering if this was still going through or not as there hadn't been anything posted about it. What about that manufacturing company building a couple facilities further north of Kimray; right along the interstate? I forget their name.

I was wondering if this was still going through or not as there hadn't been anything posted about it. What about that manufacturing company building a couple facilities further north of Kimray; right along the interstate? I forget their name.
    Are you talking about Baker Hughes ?

Yeah, I believe it's Baker Hughes.

10/9/2014

14. Default Re: Kimray New Headquarters

I like, and hope OKC does more with the near NE land instead of just tower farming. More industry, warehousing, and possible housing would be nice boon and add to the city.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

what is possible housing?

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    what is possible housing?
    I'm assuming single family housing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Are you talking about Baker Hughes ?
    Is this the area being cleared on the north side of The Kilpatrick between Kelley and Eastern? Is there a thread for this project?

Quote Originally Posted by _Cramer_ View Post
    Is this the area being cleared on the north side of The Kilpatrick between Kelley and Eastern? Is there a thread for this project?
    No sir. This was on Britton and Eastern

An update by Brianna.

http://www.oklahoman.com/article/5369165?embargo=1

New office, industrial and medical development on the east side of Interstate 235 between Britton Road and Wilshire Boulevard over the next few years is estimated to bring more than 2,000 new employees to a northeast Oklahoma City area that is mostly open grassy fields.

“I think we are going to see more restaurants and other amenities develop in the area too, and it’s going to be really good for the surrounding community,” said Thomas Hill III, chief operating officer for oil-field equipment maker Kimray Inc. “Northeast Oklahoma City has been really neglected and the new development will improve infrastructure and property values.”

There are also hints of additional future development.

American Energy Partners founder Aubrey McClendon has owned about 107 acres off the Broadway Extension just south of the American Fidelity headquarters since 2007 and 2008.

He also began buying several small neighboring pieces of land on the east side of Broadway Extension just north of Wilshire Boulevard over the past year.

I've been wondering when AEP is going to start building on their land. I made a post a number of months ago about how I think Britton Road, east of Broadway Extension is a prime area for development and hoping that Kimray sets off an explosion of development. Looks like it might happen.

21. Default Re: Kimray New Headquarters

I've been wondering when AEP is going to start building on their land. I made a post a number of months ago about how I think Britton Road, east of Broadway Extension is a prime area for development and hoping that Kimray sets off an explosion of development. Looks like it might happen.
    This announcement is coming. They started last year with 30 employees and at or above 500 as of a couple of months ago.

Between AF, AEP, and Kimray, that will be thousands more people working in that area. That will certainly spur commercial development. Supposedly AF and AEP are going to go together with a development of some sort.

I'm surprised we haven't seen an announcement for AEP yet, but I know for a fact one is coming. It still might happen before the first of the year.

American Fidelity has been working on their master plan with TAP and have recently taken out a building permit for a new parking structure which will be to the west of the current one. They are trying to push OPUBCO out the door but they won't be moving until February or March.

Once OPUBCO clears out and AEP announces their new HQ, I'll think more will come out for the AEP/AF plans for the property between Wilshire and Britton on the east side of Broadway Extension. It's beautiful land with a couple of small lakes. Could be something special and both companies have tons of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I'm surprised we haven't seen an announcement for AEP yet, but I know for a fact one is coming. It still might happen before the first of the year.

American Fidelity has been working on their master plan with TAP and have recently taken out a building permit for a new parking structure which will be to the west of the current one. They are trying to push OPUBCO out the door but they won't be moving until February or March.

Once OPUBCO clears out and AEP announces their new HQ, I'll think more will come out for the AEP/AF plans for the property between Wilshire and Britton on the east side of Broadway Extension. It's beautiful land with a couple of small lakes. Could be something special and both companies have tons of money.
    The rumor I picked up a couple of weeks ago for the AF property from someone who should know was "second tower."

Quote Originally Posted by mkjeeves View Post
    The rumor I picked up a couple of weeks ago for the AF property from someone who should know was "second tower."
    The preliminary TAP master plan for AF shows more buildings to the east.

Thread Information