Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Great State Fair of Oklahoma or just Ok County Fair

Default Re: Great State Fair of Oklahoma or just Ok County Fair

That same thought process is what actually built the Trans-Continental railroad. And, before that, The Free American Formerly Colonial Banking System. It's all about Hope and Confidence (with the help of The Humbug a.k.a. advertising =).

I just realized that The Average State Fair of Oklahoma is Greater than I thought it was.
    (mr. loan buyer for stuffed anaconda is the backbone of our economy! ignore the subliminal reference to mining and its connection with the oil industry. thank you.)

2. Default Re: Great State Fair of Oklahoma or just Ok County Fair

But did any of those examples come with a 206% interest rate? Tickets and the food at the fair are expensive enough - I can't imagine paying double!!!!!!

An $18 Cinnamon Roll . . . Imagine that.
    And a $12 draft beer. Dang.
    (but factor in the extra "created value" that greases the wheels of the economy . . . just be careful not to step in it. =)

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    Lol, that's putting it lightly. But I think the same when I see people finance a 40k SUV for 7+ years. But eh who's the say its not the same ones. Yikes.

5. Default Re: Great State Fair of Oklahoma or just Ok County Fair

That's awesome. I'm trying to get to just 10 pull ups as part of my training for the tough mudder. I'm dead at 7. The only thing I know to do is practice with the pull up assist machine at the Y. Any other suggestions?
    ya don't use the assist machine. If you are dead at seven do sets with a normal rest period until you can only do one. Do that three times a week example could look like 7,6,4,3,3,2,1. After two weeks evaluate your progress and do a new routine. let me know what you can do by week two and I can suggest something.

If you have weight to loose that will help.
    I'm at 206 lbs 6ft If I got down to 196 I believe I could have gotten 40.

That's awesome. I'm trying to get to just 10 pull ups as part of my training for the tough mudder. I'm dead at 7. The only thing I know to do is practice with the pull up assist machine at the Y. Any other suggestions?
    Good grief, I'm a desk-bound computer nerd and I don't think I could even do ONE....how on earth would I even start to train for even that modest an objective??? Lost quite a bit of weight in the last year with mostly increased general activity (lawn mowing, walking, outside projects, walking at work, etc), but very little in the way of muscle-toning...

Is there anything going on at the fair today or are they pretty much closing down? I havne't had a chance to go this year, but I'd like to go today unless they are more or less closing down all the food and activities---does anyone know? How long will they stay open today if things are still going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Clock4869 View Post
    Is there anything going on at the fair today or are they pretty much closing down? I havne't had a chance to go this year, but I'd like to go today unless they are more or less closing down all the food and activities---does anyone know? How long will they stay open today if things are still going on?
    It is a full on day as far as I know as they have a concert set after 9:00 I believe

Maybe they changed things but when I went a couple of years ago, they were shutting things down at 3 pm on the last day...rides...exhibits...vendors etc..25 to 50% of the stuff already shut down or in the process

We went on senior's day last Wednesday. So so.

No space needle this year. It'll probably be gone next year justified by "Well, no one rode it the past two years." Pronto Pup v. corn dog? I usually get the Pronto. Somehow it seems just a bit better although I kow it's really the same. It is the same, right? The Italian sausage sandwich and the brats were fine this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
    No space needle this year. It'll probably be gone next year justified by "Well, no one rode it the past two years." Pronto Pup v. corn dog? I usually get the Pronto. Somehow it seems just a bit better although I kow it's really the same. It is the same, right? The Italian sausage sandwich and the brats were fine this year.
    Love the rational "justification" quip! =)

So . . . Were the Helmut's Strudel Rolls and the Peruvian Pan Pipe Band up to snuff?
    I heard that those guys from the Andes added saxaphones and a synthesizer in the name of improvement.
    I hope the rumor isn't true.

Maybe the space needle loving folks need to form the Brotherhood of the SON (Save our Needle) and start making some noise?

Maybe Chik-fil-A could cater the demonstrations?
    Unfortunately, The Order of Monorailists and Innocent Grandstanders (OMIG) ran into a brick wall in regard to similar concerns, so it is unlikely that things won't change.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    Good grief, I'm a desk-bound computer nerd and I don't think I could even do ONE....how on earth would I even start to train for even that modest an objective??? Lost quite a bit of weight in the last year with mostly increased general activity (lawn mowing, walking, outside projects, walking at work, etc), but very little in the way of muscle-toning...
    See below.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    For starters do P90 for 3 months. Then move up to P90X for three more months. P90X is kinda tough, though. See below for some inspiration:

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    Sounds to me like you just shouldn't go then.
    Rest assured, I have NOT for years. . . .Tulsa has a better fair. The State Fair of Oklahoma is now more of a rare, piercing, elevated sort of pain. as thoug someone has fired a staple into your cheek.

Holy thread necromancy, batman!

Dang, I can't believe 2012 was 4 years ago... Seems like yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Across 4 or 5 threads, too. Lost count. Something tells me whorton is displeased with the current state (sorry) of the State Fair.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    It's that time of year again. All the Fair people come out.

Having been to OU/texass every year since 1985, I have to say, sadly, that the Oklahoma State Fair is not much more than a county fair compared to the Texas State Fair. Also, having grown up in Hutchinson, Kansas, site of the Kansas State Fair, my personal opinion is that the Oklahoma State Fair is a joke of a fair compared to the Kansas State Fair. I guess when it comes down to it, I think the Oklahoma fair is now a poor excuse for a state fair.

The OK State Fair is still in the top 25 in attendance of all state fairs, and that includes that there is the equally large counterpart in Tulsa.

Oklahoma is only the 28th largest state by population and has another Top 25 fair within 90 miles; that indicates the fair in OKC is still very highly attended when compared to others.

24. Default Re: Great State Fair of Oklahoma or just Ok County Fair

I think that the OK State Fair used to rank third in attendance behind Iowa and Texas, but I could be mistaken. I heard that ranking bandied about on multiple occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    I think that the OK State Fair used to rank third in attendance behind Iowa and Texas, but I could be mistaken. I heard that ranking bandied about on multiple occasions.
    I always heard that growing up but remember looking it up at a young age and realizing it was not true.

It may have been at one time but I got the distinct impression that that "3rd" number had always been an exaggeration.

Thread Information