Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mavericks vs Thunder Round 1

Default Re: Mavericks vs Thunder Round 1

The Mavs are having a blue out tonight, did they get this idea from Thunder?

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBoy18 View Post
    I thought they got it from a small trio out Vegas way

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBoy18 View Post
    Looks like this goofiness started in college fb.http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...-pooches_N.htm

So they're playing in Dallas and Dallas is wearing white and the whole crowd gets blue shirts that match the blue the Thunder is wearing? Is this vaguely disorienting or is it just me?

While nothing is assured yet, I think you can put a fork in the Mavericks. What would be great now for the Thunder is to finish it in four games to possibly let the players get a little extra rest before the start of the second round.

Quote Originally Posted by stlokc View Post
    So they're playing in Dallas and Dallas is wearing white and the whole crowd gets blue shirts that match the blue the Thunder is wearing? Is this vaguely disorienting or is it just me?
    That's how game one here was, only in reverse. I was happy to see white shirts for game two. I think we need to stick with white shirts again if it comes back here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Looks like this goofiness started in college fb.http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...-pooches_N.htm
    According to Wikipedia, it actually dates back about ten years earlier than that, with Calgary's "C of Red" and the Winnipeg White Out in the NHL. I think the first time I ever heard of it was with Penn State football, though.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    I thought they got it from a small trio out Vegas way
    Speaking of which, pretty sure I saw this guy in the stands tonight:

Quote Originally Posted by stlokc View Post
    Possibly we have two of the most welcoming crowds, making the other team feel at home. (in hindsight maybe we want them to feel at home)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    According to Wikipedia, it actually dates back about ten years earlier than that, with Calgary's "C of Red" and the Winnipeg White Out in the NHL. I think the first time I ever heard of it was with Penn State football, though.
    As far as the NBA goes, I remember Miami doing a white-out back when they won the title in 2006. It certainly isn't anything new.

The whiteout/blueout is not anything new, but it has gained a lot of attention, especially with the Thunder, because we have been so good at it. Everyone in the crowd wears the shirt from Loud City to the floor seats.... They can't get this done in most arenas.

From today's Dallas Morning News:

Did the Mavericks' crowd step up and rival the "Thunderdome'' in OKC?

Not even close. The Oklahoma City crowd is as loud as any in the NBA, except maybe Golden State or Utah when those teams are rolling. The Mavericks' fans tried to muster support for their team, but it just didn't measure up. It wasn't bad. But they are second-best in this series, like their team.

^^I seen that last night and it made me proud for some reason.

For the last home game, there was some country looking guy with a full brim hat sitting courtside who didn't don the provided t-shirt. it made me laugh!

I think these early NBA playoff rounds should be best of 3. its kind of ridiculous watching the beatdowns when the knicks and mavs are already done

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    The whiteout/blueout is not anything new, but it has gained a lot of attention, especially with the Thunder, because we have been so good at it. Everyone in the crowd wears the shirt from Loud City to the floor seats.... They can't get this done in most arenas.
    Miami has some of the worst fans in professional sports, so if they can pull it off, then anyone can. White-outs/blue-outs/whatever-outs have been popular in the NBA for several years now, and it's not because of the Thunder. Isn't it enough that we have a great team, great fans, and a great reputation as the loudest arena in the league? No need to go around claiming other teams are copying us.

Quote Originally Posted by blangtang View Post
    For the last home game, there was some country looking guy with a full brim hat sitting courtside who didn't don the provided t-shirt. it made me laugh!

I think these early NBA playoff rounds should be best of 3. its kind of ridiculous watching the beatdowns when the knicks and mavs are already done

Does the guy you are talking about have grey frizzy hair? If so this is the guy:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3879154

Quote Originally Posted by OSUMom View Post
    Does the guy you are talking about have grey frizzy hair? If so this is the guy:

Wow, I thought 41 + any home playoff games was a lot to attend. 115 per year for decades is just hard to imagine.

To me this series seems like a heated rival between the city of Oklahoma City and Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by OSUMom View Post

Yep, thats the guy! Very noticeable when everyone is wearing the provided t-shirts.

Jimmy Goldstein has been at every finals game I've ever attended, no matter where. He's a fan of the NBA, not any particular team, I believe. I think he's been in OKC for a playoff game, IIRC.

Thought this would go 7 but the old timers seem done at this point so going with 105-96 Thunder tonight

I'm on the fence of what I expect to happen but I'm kind of leaning towards Dallas pulling off a close win. I think Dallas 104-102 after a frantic fourth quarter rally by the Mavs to give it one more go in OKC, but I could also see the Thunder winning pretty handily if they get after it the way they did Thursday minus the mini runs by Dallas; 112-91 if the Thunder play the type of game they did in Game 3 mixed with Dallas knowing the mountain is insurmountable.

Now we get to sit back and wait for the Lakers - Nuggets winner. Hopefully they will go seven and get worn out. LOL

I love watching KD give his mom a kiss after a game.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    Now we get to sit back and wait for the Lakers - Nuggets winner. Hopefully they will go seven and get worn out. LOL
    After that game last night, it wouldn't surprise me any if it goes to seven.

Thread Information