Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Huge blow to Deep Deuce

1. Default Re: Huge blow to Deep Deuce

I don't know anymore when Trammell Crow was added to the McDermid proposal. The newspapers don't list them in the early stories. There isn't a very good record of what happened on all this. All of this does seem very unusual.

Patrick Guest

Default Re: Huge blow to Deep Deuce

Really, whether or not TC was added on at the beginning or later, it doesn't make a difference. The decision has been made in favor of Canfield, and that's it.

righteousbros, first off, welcome to the site. We're so glad to have you here. Thank you so much for the inside information you've provided us here. We treasure it.

Personally, I think you're right. I don't think Walnut Hill Partners could've done anything different to win the right to develop the land. Good ole boy tactics were at work again, and Stanton Young got strings pulled for his doctor friend. Simple as that.

I'm glad to hear that TC/High Street has filed a complaint to reopen the hearing. One can only hope this will get a second look and the decision be overturned. Obviously, McDermid's plan was way more ambitious than Canfield's for the property. Plus, he had more experience to back him up.

I think the fact that the "PAID CONSULTANT HIRED BY OCURA" favored Walnut Hill Partners, and OCURA went the other way tells you the selection wasn't completely fair or honest.

The mayor reads this forum, so hopefully he will read your comment here, and it will be able to run some heads at city hall.

I agree, the rumor was started that TC was added late, they had been on board for awhile. Even if they hadn't it doesnt matter, they were still there before the deadline and that is all that matters. Walnut Hill did everything they were asked, The Hill at Bricktown did not and still won, go figure, oh wait, we are still Oklahoma despite our progress. Anyhow, I think we should all call Stanton and email him until an official reply is made, similar to what we did with the airport trust. That goes to show that they do have to face the issues, even if it is a small step.

I would like to rescind my earlier commentary vis a vis Fred Hall. I was wrong. He voted for the Walnut Hill proposal and from an associate of mine who is working with him directly, he is an intelligent and progressive-thinking guy who has some big plans for OKC. Unfortunately, I cannot talk about them right now, but when I can I will. Definitely exciting stuff.

On OKCBusiness's website, there is a picture of a recent front page that features an article titled "The Battle for The Hill".

The text is not on the site... Has anyone seen this article? Sounds like they did a story on the appeal by McDermid & Co.

Patrick Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MalibuSooner
    On OKCBusiness's website, there is a picture of a recent front page that features an article titled "The Battle for The Hill".

The text is not on the site... Has anyone seen this article? Sounds like they did a story on the appeal by McDermid & Co.
    The article is actually older than you think. Several weeks. The story detailed the 3 proposals vying for the Hill. McDermid happened to get his proposal pictured on the front page.

righteousbros Guest

Patrick

Actually that is a new article in this week's OKC Bus and it is pretty decent

Bullard is quoted trying in a galling way to sweep it under the rug

The emails to Stanton might help only if you cc the Mayor and the other commissioners... Stanton's sole purpose in life is to further Presby H Foundation and his own pocketbook ... he cares little about anything else and nothing about fairness....

TCHigh is pissed and dissed and not going away.... keep an eye on the OCURA agendas in the coming weeks.... it ain't over yet....

Patrick Guest

Quote Originally Posted by righteousbros
    Patrick

Actually that is a new article in this week's OKC Bus and it is pretty decent

Bullard is quoted trying in a galling way to sweep it under the rug

The emails to Stanton might help only if you cc the Mayor and the other commissioners... Stanton's sole purpose in life is to further Presby H Foundation and his own pocketbook ... he cares little about anything else and nothing about fairness....

TCHigh is pissed and dissed and not going away.... keep an eye on the OCURA agendas in the coming weeks.... it ain't over yet....
    Sorry for the mistake. I was thinking I has seen that article before.

Glad to hear it isn't over. This one is worth fighting over. It's time to expose and end the good ole boy tactics in our city government.

Can anyone post Stantons, the mayors, and commissioners email addresses so that we can all spam them like we did with Karen Carney. I know the mayors is : mayor@okc.gov

righteousbros Guest

I don't have the OCURA commissioners' email addresses but Joe Van Bullard's should be easy to find....

Word is that the mayor and city manager are fed up with Stanton's manipulation and dominance of OCURA and changes are a comin.... however, it may not help on The Hill and it will languish as a grassy knoll after Trammell Crow takes their marbles home and the Doctor spends the next 2 years trying to figure out how to get started......Very sad that folks in power in OKC still don't have the gonads to use it boldly for good and not for evil.....

So McDermid and Co. are fighting OCURA's decision right? Have any of you seen the Walnut Hill proposal, the renderings? It is such an impressive project and would be HUGE for the continued revitalization of downtown OKC...

Yes, I was personally physically present during the proposals so I did see them up close. Yes, McDermid did file a complaint but OCURA is officially not accepting it. Too bad. We should all keep spaming them with complaint letters. Also, on another note, someone mentioned "The Battle for the Hill" article in OKC Business, it is NOT, an older article like someone had mentioned but is in the latest edition of the paper. It went into detail about McDermids complaint and OCURA's response to it. I will try or someone else please post OCURA's contact information and the commissioners who voted for the wrong project.

Can someone post OCURA's e-mail again? I'd like to write them and let them know how I feel about this...

14. Default Re: Huge blow to Deep Deuce

Here's the contact info for the Urban Renewal Executive Director;

His name is JoeVan Bullard:

Telephone: (405) 235-3771

Email: okcurajvb@swbell.net

I checked out Humphrey & Partners' website, the architects designing Canfield's proposal. They have a mix of suburban and urban style designs, with a lot of mid/high rises. If it is a done deal that they are selected (and a big if) then we should at least push them to develop their "upcale townhomes" into something unique that mixes retail/dining and essentials like a grocery and pharmacy. And no gate!

Some of their urban projects I could see working in Deep Deuce...

Mid rise in downtown Dallas

Urban housing in Austin

Townhomes in Cincinnati

Wouldn't this be cool towering over Bricktown!

I'm thinking it will look more like this though...

Actually none of those are what they have proposed although the last one is similar. They will be single units, brownstone in style, similar to the above cincinnati townhomes, if i have some time, i will locate and post pictures

Thread Information