Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where would you place a new resort near OKC?

Default Re: Where would you place a new resort near OKC?

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    haha, those are just pics I got off websites, as you know they normally take pics without people around for stuff like this. I'll try to get some of my own pics of the resort at home and post them when time allows.
    BTW, it wasn't a slam at all and agree with the reasons given by other posters too. Even normal folks have a tendency when taking pics to try to get the perfect shot and for some reason we think strangers just muck things up.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    Maybe someone else can chime in to clarify. One of the problems with most Oklahoma lakes (Grand River excluded) is the US Army Corp of Engineers. They claim right to control the shorlines of most Oklahoma Lakes which prevents any large scale shoreline development. I agree, a nice resort like shown in some of the pics above would be ideal for Lake Texoma but I bet rules, regs and red tape from the Corp makes it very difficult.
    Seem to recall that they have/are relaxing the rules around Texoma...think it was one of the conditions the state made when they sold it or something...anyone has more info please post.

There is one that I know of at Texoma, Tanglewood Resort it is near Pottsboro, Texas. I went there for a golf tournament many, many years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by sroberts24 View Post
    I think OKC needs to do with the Oklahoma River what Austin did with the Colorado River creating Lake Austin. Either the East or West sides of the river would be perfect places to damn up and create a lake where people can wakeboard and jetski... also building lake houses and hotel resorts would be ideal in that area. just my opinion
    If you're talking about a location within the urban area of OKC I can't think of anywhere that the topography would allow for that. It's not a bad idea but I don't think it's realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by sroberts24 View Post
    I think OKC needs to do with the Oklahoma River what Austin did with the Colorado River creating Lake Austin. Either the East or West sides of the river would be perfect places to damn up and create a lake where people can wakeboard and jetski... also building lake houses and hotel resorts would be ideal in that area. just my opinion
    They have already dammed up the river and created several lakes behind the dams. Unlike in Austin the Oklahoma River flows through industrial wasteland. The Colorado is also much cleaner, though they have bacteria problems at times as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    They have already dammed up the river and created several lakes behind the dams. Unlike in Austin the Oklahoma River flows through industrial wasteland. The Colorado is also much cleaner, though they have bacteria problems at times as well.
    Yes I know this.... Didn't know we were talking so literally. I was simply stating what I would LOVE to see here

Thread Information