Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dave & Busters in OKC sometime in 2009

Default Re: Dave & Busters in OKC sometime in 2009

I'd love to see a D&B. I'd really hope it would be one of their larger models though... pool tables are a must!

Im with you venture, there really is no need to go to okc anymore, unless for disneystore, which I think the unp ouside mall area will get one. OH one thing what about a good meat market is there one in norman?

3. Default Re: Dave & Busters in OKC sometime in 2009

One aspect about Dave and Busters is their corporate outings. I went to a "team building" dinner in Atlanta and we went to D&B. They had a buffet lined up in a seperate room. We ate and played the games, the usual rah rah stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    No, please not in Moore. Im not sure what the animosity towards DnB is. Is it the grand daddy of entertainment? No, but there isnt a concept like this anywhere in the city. Yes, in a perfect OKC every business would be owned by a local, but seriously, what local could or would be able to open something similar. I dont see how this would be a detriment to OKC.

I don't think anyone is saying it is a detriment. I'm certainly not against this concept - or any concept - coming to OKC. It's fine.

I'm also not 100% anti-chain. There are some great chains of all types that don't exist in OKC and should - Maggiano's, Mccormick Schmick, Brio, Brooks Brothers, Mark Shale, Whole Foods, Trader Joes, Crate and Barrel, REI, on and on and on.

I just think OKC has an abundance of fried bar food-homoginized-sports on a hundred different TVs-employees-with-pieces-of-flair type of places. The pool tables and arcade games are fine, if that's your thing. Again, bring it on. There's obviously a market. It just doesn't happen to be my thing.

5. Default Re: Dave & Busters in OKC sometime in 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    Im with you venture, there really is no need to go to okc anymore, unless for disneystore, which I think the unp ouside mall area will get one. OH one thing what about a good meat market is there one in norman?
    If you live in Moore, just shoot up Eastern.

SE 29th and Eastern to be precise. Alex Roger's has some great cuts. It's a small hole in the wall...But I've not found an equal ribeye on the southside.

Dave, I like. Buster, not so much.

If I remember correctly one of the gentlemen that own Dave and Buster's was the original owner of Slick Willies. I have family that worked for the corporate office in Dallas at one time and remember hearing this. That would explain why the locations with pool tables have the best pool tables. Just my 2 cents.

oh gawd the smell thansk, I really like alex rogers, i usually by the weekly meat pack for the family, i havent been in awhile i need to go again they do have the best meat around, and you would never know it with the building looking so old and plain, but hey thats usually how it is, the hidden gems

9. Default Re: Dave & Busters in OKC sometime in 2009

oh gawd the smell thansk, I really like alex rogers, i usually by the weekly meat pack for the family, i havent been in awhile i need to go again they do have the best meat around, and you would never know it with the building looking so old and plain, but hey thats usually how it is, the hidden gems
    If you've got dogs, don't forget to buy a bag of bones from them. HUGE bag of massive bones with plenty of marrow and meat on them. Last I remember they were like $5-$10.

Quote Originally Posted by Oh GAWD the Smell! View Post
    If you've got dogs, don't forget to buy a bag of bones from them. HUGE bag of massive bones with plenty of marrow and meat on them. Last I remember they were like $5-$10.
    i have a boston terrier lol i will get a bag for her, it will last a long time.

11. Default Re: Dave & Busters in OKC sometime in 2009

i have a boston terrier lol i will get a bag for her, it will last a long time.
    The bones will be as big as her!

13. Default Re: Dave & Busters in OKC sometime in 2009

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post

Thanks for the info on dog bones, I have three Great Danes that send their thanks as well.

Just for kicks, their names are, Harley, Davidson and Nitro

I haven't seen one of these out here (LA) except on national TV ads. Aren't these just Chuck E. Cheese's for the undiscriminating who are over 18 but not particularly adults?

17. Default Re: Dave & Busters in OKC sometime in 2009

Went to D&B in tulsa last night. It's OK, but it's really small and honestly, it's not all that awesome. Although there are adult beverages, it felt more like kid-zone. Needs pool tables and dart boards.

A friend of mine is really wanting to see one of these here - any word?

I guess we missed the 2009 deadline.

20. Default Re: Dave & Busters in OKC sometime in 2009

Dead. Dead. Dead.
    See: big boom time retail and entertainment center developments killed by economic crash; Memorial Crossing; etc.
    You'll see this about the same time you will see a Warren Theater built at Memorial and Rockwell.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCMallen View Post
    Went to D&B in tulsa last night. It's OK, but it's really small and honestly, it's not all that awesome. Although there are adult beverages, it felt more like kid-zone. Needs pool tables and dart boards.
    I have only been to the one in Denver so I don't know the Tulsa D&B compares, but I imagine it's smaller. It's a cool concept but needs to be in an urban setting, which neither the Denver or Tulsa locations are.

Lord Helmet Guest

You know, I wouldn't worry about not having a D&B. I ate at one in Denver not long after moving here and the food was total crap. Fun place I suppose, but I'd never choose to eat there again.

23. Default Re: Dave & Busters in OKC sometime in 2009

There's one in Tulsa if anyone wants to drive two hours..

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    You're kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Wow. Who knew?

And... 2 hours to Tulsa? I'm beginning to wonder if Spartan has ever actually been to Tulsa.

Thread Information