Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Innovation District

Blog Entries

Default Re: Innovation District

Found this and I don't think this vision has been posted. Nice image of what can be.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OKC-Hero-scaled.jpg 
Views:	556 
Size:	1,020.3 KB 
ID:	17032
    https://perkinswill.com/project/okla...elopment-plan/

I love the proposal to removal the parking lots at the state capitol and replace it with a park. When is that happening?

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Found this and I don't think this vision has been posted. Nice image of what can be.

If this all comes to fruition, it will be very exciting. I office out of one of the buildings there that a parking lot will be taken out and a building built with a parking garage to the north. So, from a person that works in this area and will be directly affected by it, it is exciting.

4. Default Re: Innovation District

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post

I agree this is nice and PRAY it gets developed as shown.

I am also delighted that the architects see the innovation district as its own area, per their statement about the 10-street bridge redevelopment that will "reconnect the Innovation District to Automobile Alley". Previously we had heard boosters indicating that the Innovation District would INCLUDE Automobile Alley which is a huge mistake.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

5. Default Re: Innovation District

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I love the proposal to removal the parking lots at the state capitol and replace it with a park. When is that happening?
    I agree with this also. Too many exposed surface parking lots.

Make it a capitol campus, our version of the National Mall. Extend the streetcar and build architecturally significant parking garages for employees and visitors.

They need to build light rail but I’m really not on board with anymore funding for the streetcar. Tried using it the other night and it was awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    They need to build light rail but I’m really not on board with anymore funding for the streetcar. Tried using it the other night and it was awful.
    LOL what? We used it the other night and it was easy.

8. Default Re: Innovation District

light rail will be way too much capacity and far few stops for such a route Plutonic Panda. Streetcar is most appropriate for downtown to the Capitol and points inbetween - hence why it's already being planned for.

I don't think there's any route in OKC that would work for light rail other than POSSIBLY to the airport. NW Expressway area is another area that would do well with Light Rail but that's being covered with "BRT light".

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    light rail will be way too much capacity and far few stops for such a route Plutonic Panda. Streetcar is most appropriate for downtown to the Capitol and points inbetween - hence why it's already being planned for.

I don't think there's any route in OKC that would work for light rail other than POSSIBLY to the airport. NW Expressway area is another area that would do well with Light Rail but that's being covered with "BRT light".
    IIRC, the corridor out to Tinker being studied by the RTA is being considered for light rail as it is the only one with insufficient railroad tracks for commuter rail.

10. Default Re: Innovation District

could be, I also heard rapid streetcar.

Blog Entries

Received this email:

You are receiving this e-mail because you previously attended a meeting regarding the Innovation District Land Use Plan or because you have been identified as someone who has interest in the plan.

This e-mail is to inform you that the Oklahoma City Planning Commission will hold a public hearing to consider adopting the Innovation District Land Use Plan as an amendment to the comprehensive plan on Thursday, September 23, at 1:30 p.m. in City Council chambers, 200 N. Walker Ave, 3rd Floor. The meeting is open to the public. The full meeting agenda can be viewed on the City’s website at https://www.okc.gov/departments/city-clerk/meetings.

More information about the project is available at this link: https://www.okc.gov/departments/plan...-land-use-plan.

Blog Entries

Ward 7 Town Hall on 10/26 includes this topic, among others, on the agenda.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/neokc-t...s-189976714467

Blog Entries

Name:	20211029.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	8.8 KB 
ID:	17190

Received this email.

Referenced link: https://www.okc.gov/departments/plan...-land-use-plan

There are a couple fascinating links off of that page. The 61 page PDF is very detailed.

Yeah it is really exciting to see them move forward with the Capitol Commons, which should probably get its own thread at some point. It will be nice to see the Capitol surrounded by green parks and not parking lots.

Blog Entries

Always a pleased to see the death to parking lots version of the Plu

Blog Entries

The OKC Innovation District Event Calendar - The Go-To Source

for Programming Across Our 850 Acre Landscape

https://okcinnovation.com/events/

Blog Entries

Land Use Plan goes before the planning commission tomorrow

https://www.okc.gov/departments/plan...-land-use-plan

Fracking Billionaire Hamm Gives $50 Million to Start Energy Institute
    By David Wethe and Alix Steel
    December 15, 2021, 2:30 PM CST

Billionaire oil wildcatter Harold Hamm is donating $50 million for a new research center at Oklahoma State University focused on “securing America’s energy future,” a move that comes as the industry debates how to transition to cleaner fuels.

The Harold Hamm Foundation and Continental Resources Inc., the shale driller controlled by the Oklahoma native, are giving $25 million each to the university to start the Hamm Institute for American Energy, according to a statement released Wednesday.

The donation “will bring together the brightest minds and future energy sector leaders from around the world, all with a goal of solving one of society’s most pressing concerns,” Kayse Shrum, president of Oklahoma State, said in a statement.

Hamm, 76, has been a staunch advocate of oil and gas production, even as drillers come under increasing pressure from policy makers and investors to rein in the emissions that contribute to climate change. A 2013 study from Oklahoma State researchers found that fracking’s secondary effects would increasingly challenge small towns and cities grappling with job gains and environmental costs. Earthquakes have been linked to activity related to shale production in states including Oklahoma.

Hamm has loosened the purse strings this year after surging crude prices boosted his personal fortune. Continental surprised investors last month by announcing a $3.25 billion deal with Pioneer Natural Resources Co. for Permian Basin assets and said it has set aside hundreds of millions to pursue acquisitions in the the world’s biggest shale field. Continental is also bringing back its dividend and doubling it after shelving the payout during history’s worst oil crash last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Fracking Billionaire Hamm Gives $50 Million to Start Energy Institute
    By David Wethe and Alix Steel
    December 15, 2021, 2:30 PM CST

Billionaire oil wildcatter Harold Hamm is donating $50 million for a new research center at Oklahoma State University focused on “securing America’s energy future,” a move that comes as the industry debates how to transition to cleaner fuels.

The Harold Hamm Foundation and Continental Resources Inc., the shale driller controlled by the Oklahoma native, are giving $25 million each to the university to start the Hamm Institute for American Energy, according to a statement released Wednesday.

The donation “will bring together the brightest minds and future energy sector leaders from around the world, all with a goal of solving one of society’s most pressing concerns,” Kayse Shrum, president of Oklahoma State, said in a statement.

Hamm, 76, has been a staunch advocate of oil and gas production, even as drillers come under increasing pressure from policy makers and investors to rein in the emissions that contribute to climate change. A 2013 study from Oklahoma State researchers found that fracking’s secondary effects would increasingly challenge small towns and cities grappling with job gains and environmental costs. Earthquakes have been linked to activity related to shale production in states including Oklahoma.

Hamm has loosened the purse strings this year after surging crude prices boosted his personal fortune. Continental surprised investors last month by announcing a $3.25 billion deal with Pioneer Natural Resources Co. for Permian Basin assets and said it has set aside hundreds of millions to pursue acquisitions in the the world’s biggest shale field. Continental is also bringing back its dividend and doubling it after shelving the payout during history’s worst oil crash last year.

Name:	-1x-1.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	524.0 KB 
ID:	17243
    So where will this building be located should it ever be built? If it does come close to the central location of the Innovation District, it would really add to the density and provide some interconnectivity between offices and varying fields of business.

Blog Entries

MAPS4 Re: Innovation District

Quote Originally Posted by HFAA Alum View Post

Name:	-1x-1.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	524.0 KB 
ID:	17243
    So where will this building be located should it ever be built? If it does come close to the central location of the Innovation District, it would really add to the density and provide some interconnectivity between offices and varying fields of business.
    Is this the former GE Global Energy handed over to Baker Hughes building then transferred to OSU-OKC that is already in the Innovation District.

^^^ yes I believe so. I’m not a huge fan of college buildings spread across a city though. I kinda of wish they would add on to the OKC-OSU campus instead.

This is the one-time GE/still Baker Hughes/recently OSU building.

That building has been rebranded a surprising number of times.

so OSU still owns the building? this is basically just a naming rights deal?

Thread Information