Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Falcone's

1. Default Re: Falcone's

Yeah Gaetano has nothing on Falcone's atmosphere for sure.

fat man on a treadmill watching Deal or No Deal vs. Godfather posters and italian music

Default Re: Falcone's

just as it's been posted, the owner went from table to table and talked with the customers... really friendly guy, it seemed.

i still need to try gaetano's, though. haven't had a chance to make it that way again during lunch. since i've been to gaetano's but showed up before any pizza was made, i can say that the decor is much better at falcone's.

-M

3. Default Re: Falcone's

Falcone wasn't there when we were there, but the service from the employees was great.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    Yeah Gaetano has nothing on Falcone's atmosphere for sure.

fat man on a treadmill watching Deal or No Deal vs. Godfather posters and italian music
    True, the owner of Falcone's is much more customer-oriented, however I still think Gaetano's pizza is far better and true NYC pizza. Also I like Gaetano's decor just as much or more as Falcone's. Falcone's has the Italian Mafia look going for it while Gaetano's has an Italian Deli feel to it like your in Italy. Both are great compliments to OKC. Can't wait until Falcone's opens in Bricktown.

5. Default Re: Falcone's

Gaetano's just felt like I was in a strip mall to me--because I was. Falcone's seemed much more quaint hole in the wall place.

Just FYI, I noctied Falcone's signage and awning are up at their canal location.

just re-reading this... i'll have to totally disagree about gaetano's interior. last time i went, it didn't really feel like an 'italian deli' to me at all... the place was practically empty. their deli cases were pretty much empty. the decor in the place was pretty much non-existant. there was a friggin' treadmill sitting in the middle of the dining room. granted, the pizza is great, but the decor is lacking. -M

8. Default Re: Falcone's

Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    just re-reading this... i'll have to totally disagree about gaetano's interior. last time i went, it didn't really feel like an 'italian deli' to me at all... the place was practically empty. their deli cases were pretty much empty. the decor in the place was pretty much non-existant. there was a friggin' treadmill sitting in the middle of the dining room. granted, the pizza is great, but the decor is lacking. -M
    Agree. Like I said above, Gaetano was actually on the treadmill watching Deal or No Deal or one of those crap game shows while we ate.

Default Re: Falcone's expands to LBT

I love the food at Falcone's!!! Prob my favorite pizza in OK.

Does anyone have any idea when Falcone's is suppose to open? I'm eager to try this pizza everyone's talkin about!

Quote Originally Posted by Watson410 View Post
    Does anyone have any idea when Falcone's is suppose to open? I'm eager to try this pizza everyone's talkin about!
    It's elementary my dear Watson , from the Oklahoman article at the top of this page:

Falcone, well aware of Bricktown's continued growth, jumped at the opportunity and is set to open for business May 1.

12. Default Re: Falcone's expands to LBT

Was there last weekend and it looked really close. Took some pics. Will try to get them up tonight.

I went to the original Falcones this past weekend and I must say that the pizza is great, but it is not even close to the best thing on his menu. Try the homemade meatballs with either pasta or in the meatball sandwich. Fantastic. I am glad that I don't live closer to Falcones or I would be packing on the pounds.

Thanks okclee... I'll definitely have to give that a try, as well as the pizza.

15. Default Re: Falcone's expands to LBT

I hope it opens earlier than May 1, since I will be in the city this weekend.

Where is the other Falcones? Just in case Bricktown isn't open yet, we could still go there (if we have room from the Arts Festival feastivities).
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    Where is the other Falcones? Just in case Bricktown isn't open yet, we could still go there (if we have room from the Arts Festival feastivities).
    Around 68th & May, West side of the road. You'll see the red, white, and green Italian decor.

17. Default Re: Falcone's expands to LBT

Across from the original Ted's.

18. Default Re: Falcone's expands to LBT

Falcones Bricktown is looking great. I am glad to see that he is using a real signage and not like some of the other bricktown merchants. I think that Falcone will do good in that location for many years.

Looking good...That signage will be much more visible than Del Fuegos and Noodles had....Like the pizza by the slice part as I think that will be the majority of their business...Especially for the bar hoppers and lunch crowd

Especially for the bar hoppers
    Good point. I wonder how late it will be open... I would think after midnight on the weekends would be some good business. And since the owner is a New Yorker, he never sleeps...

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    Good point. I wonder how late it will be open... I would think after midnight on the weekends would be some good business. And since the owner is a New Yorker, he never sleeps...

from the article above

Even so, Falcone plans to deliver at his new location, and will stay open until 3 a.m. on weekends. He's uncertain how to respond when asked about his flair for chatting up customers.

23. Default Re: Falcone's expands to LBT

BTW, anyone know if it's Fal-CONE or Fal-CONAY?

or FAL-CONEY mwah ah ah ah, put some bada bing on that thing has Fal Cone E says.

25. Default Re: Falcone's expands to LBT

Are you saying that's how he pronounces it?

Thread Information