Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Humble Pie in Edmond

Default Re: Humble Pie reopens!

They had beer there when I was there, although I didn't order any, so I'm assuming they serve it.

just got back from there. first time we went there. good stuff! kind of reminds me of the old my pi pizza from way back when. i'd recommend it to anyone that likes pizza for sure.

YEA! I love this place and have been waiting patiently for them to reopen.

I think the pizza is pretty good (although not as thick as Giordano's) but it's too expensive. Our deep dish pizza had eight small slices and it didn't seem as thick as the last time. Our family left hungry and short-changed ($15 plus tax and tip). I don't like the full-service style of the restaurant - feels forced. I wish them luck and if you like it and can afford it - great. I just won't be back!

BTW, I think they need to have a larger size - even charge more for it. Giordano's has a small (10"), medium (12") and large (14") with cheese ranging from $13.50 to $19 per pie. Humble Pie's only size is small. Still don't know why the New York Style is more than the deep dish......

There's a Giordano's in OKC? where?

Yeah where is Giordano's in OKC? I too didn't get why now the NY Style is more than Deep Dish. I was there a couple weeks ago and they had other sizes besides small, not sure what that's about. I agree I wish they had a lunch buffet or something.

Giordano's is the famous deep dish pizza chain out of Chicago. The "holy grail" of deep dish pizza (no offense to Lou Malnati's, Gino's, etc)...

Humble Pie??!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZMmV6xXYFw

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Do you get 30 days in the hole when you go?

10. Default Re: Humble Pie reopens!

I love this place and am glad to see that it has re-opened, but I tried to call in a takeaway order on Saturday evening and first was hung up on after I was put on hold then called back and was told to call back in five minutes (?????) So I called Hideaway instead! I will certainly give them another try because they offer a product unique to the area, but I was not impressed with that last experience over the phone. Call back in five minutes!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
    I love this place and am glad to see that it has re-opened, but I tried to call in a takeaway order on Saturday evening and first was hung up on after I was put on hold then called back and was told to call back in five minutes (?????) So I called Hideaway instead! I will certainly give them another try because they offer a product unique to the area, but I was not impressed with that last experience over the phone. Call back in five minutes!?!
    Hopefully that was just a very poorly trained person answering the phone. Even if busy, the proper response would have been "please give me your name and number and I'll call you back shortly". I have been in many situations where the phones were very busy where I work and you never ask the customer to call you back.

I've been twice now since they reopened and it was wonderful both times. The first time we went was just a couple of days after they reopened and they were still training the wait staff, so service was a little off, but they explained the problem and were very accommodating and apologetic. No problem. We went back early (maybe 6:00) last Sunday evening and the place was packed. There was maybe only 1 or 2 empty tables. Apparently they had been featured in a paper. The Gazette, maybe? Not sure, I didn't see it. Anyway, our waitress kept apologizing for the service. She said since the feature in the paper, they had been swamped. We didn't see a problem with the service at all. Thought it was fine. Drinks were kept full, and food came as quickly as to be expected for deep dish pizza, but she apparently felt like it wasn't as good as it should have been. Apparently they were not prepared for the crowd. This might have had something to do with the issue with the phone order. I agree, it wasn't handled properly though.

So, is all their pizza deep-dish? My wife loves it that way but I can't stand it, much preferring thin and crispy crust.

Went saturday night for the first time. It was packed. The Chicago style seemed the closes ive had to the real deal. Service wasn't great. But I would go back.

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    So, is all their pizza deep-dish? My wife loves it that way but I can't stand it, much preferring thin and crispy crust.
    No. They have New York style as well. I've never tried it but it does look good. If I'm ever given the choice though, I'm always going to choose Chicago style.

16. Default Re: Humble Pie reopens!

Went in tonight and brought a pie home. Had a much better customer service experience than I did when I tried to eat there in August (see a few posts above) and the pizza tonight was SO good. This place is quite possibly my favorite pizza place in all of OKC. Give it a try.

Default Re: Humble Pie in Edmond

Have been craving deep dish so I gave their supreme a try.

It was okay at best.

For starters, the whole pie had very little flavor. Very bland red sauce, tons of flavorless cheese and not enough toppings.

The crust was okay but equally bland.

Is there anywhere else in the area to get decent deep dish pizza?

18. Default Re: Humble Pie in Edmond

Is Sophabellas still open? They had an OK deep dish.

I am going to Chicago here in a month and can't wait to get my hands on some more of that deep dish....

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Have been craving deep dish so I gave their supreme a try.

It was okay at best.

For starters, the whole pie had very little flavor. Very bland red sauce, tons of flavorless cheese and not enough toppings.

The crust was okay but equally bland.

Is there anywhere else in the area to get decent deep dish pizza?
    Hey, I thought we were supposed to be positive around here? Although I agree, their deep dish isn't worth the calories. I also thought their crust had some off flavor to it, I wasn't sure if it was the cornmill or something else.

Here is a good deep dish place: http://marleyspizza.com/index_ok.php or the best: https://goo.gl/maps/XtXxqUwzzAB2

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    or the best:
    huh... you must've typed something in wrong. that linked to a map of pizzeria uno instead of geno's east. : )

I'll throw out a vote for Savastonos up in Bixby

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    huh... you must've typed something in wrong. that linked to a map of pizzeria uno instead of geno's east. : )
    Neither of which is as good as Lou Malnati's. We actually have ordered frozen pies from Malnati's and they're better than Humble Pie's (as long as you follow the directions *exactly*) and it's not really prohibitively expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by traemac View Post
    I'll throw out a vote for Savastonos up in Bixby
    I was just about to say this is hands down the best I can find in Oklahoma. So good

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Neither of which is as good as Lou Malnati's.
    hmmm... i'm familiar with the place but haven't been. will have to check them out next time i'm in chicago!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    hmmm... i'm familiar with the place but haven't been. will have to check them out next time i'm in chicago!
    Lou worked at Uno back in the day, started his own place, expanded out, and their (butter) crust is still the best that we've had (toppings are good too ), and we've eaten at all the biggies - Uno, Due, Geno's East, Giordano's.

Thread Information