Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: University North Park

Default Re: University North Park

Might be Cabela's out of Nebraska

Yes, that is it. What are they like?

3. Default Re: University North Park

You have to be joking...why would they put a Cabela's there? In a town with really nothing special about it. I can see a Cabela's in Edmond or Norman, but not Moore

All I can say is that is what he said. If it happen, then we will know.

By the way, what are they like?

5. Default Re: University North Park

Quote Originally Posted by ETL
    All I can say is that is what he said. If it happen, then we will know.

By the way, what are they like?
    They are a competitor to Bass Pro. In fact, after I saw one of their stores, I thought we should have told Bass to either take it or leave it and go for Cabela's.

6. Default Re: University North Park

a) Sooner Mall is not closing.
    b) The theatre is not going to move. They have spent 2 million on the current location.
    c) Cabelas... hmmmmm possible

classy post nuclear....coming off just a little snobbish...the state and the universe for that matter don't revolve around Edmond and Norman

8. Default Re: University North Park

Remove yourself from the fact that you have some kind of attachment to Moore, and look at it from a business stand point. The only thing Moore really has going for it right now, is I-35, the rest of the development, besides the Warren Theater, is cheach sprawling development.

I am not trying say that the Universe revolves around either Norman or Edmond, but with the types of developments, UNP in Norman, and the Huge shopping center/mall/hotel in Edmond, both of these being more of a regional draw than a new Kohl's and chineses buffet, it just makes more sense to put a Cabela's in one of these locations.

So the huge development in Norman would be all of 5 minutes away from the rumored Moore site...Much too far for people to drive...Could it also be that Moore is proposing a better incentive package to Cabela than Norman and Edmond are?

And looking at it from a business standpoint I-35 is a major factor and if that is all Moore has going for it then it may just be enough to land Cabela's...Also it may draw a large part of the south side OKC'ers if it was just as close as going to Bass Pro

10. Default Re: University North Park

I do understand your point, yes Moore could be offering a better incentive package. If that is the case, then I agree, it should be in Moore.

My original intent was not to attack Moore. All the cities of the Metro have to work together for the good of each other. However, I was just making the statement, that from business standpoint, outside of incentives, placing the Cabela's around one of the two huge developments just makes more sense. And I hope that you can agree with me on that.

Although, maybe this will be a good thing in Moore. If a Cabela's does go in Moore, then maybe Moore could find a really good developer to come in and create an area like what BA is doing with their Bass Pro.

Probably read too much into your Moore statement so all is good...Don't know why I got wound up anyway as I doubt I would ever even go in a Cabela's...But it would be good for my property value for sure

I doubt a Cabella's in Moore. Not saying it can't happen, just saying I doubt it. It would be too close to Bass Pro. They would canabalize off of each other and neither would win. It would need to be further away.

I've been to the Cabella's in KC and liked it better than Bass Pro. They had a restaurant inside with home cooking and good prices as well.

13. Default Re: University North Park

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear_2525
    I do understand your point, yes Moore could be offering a better incentive package. If that is the case, then I agree, it should be in Moore.

My original intent was not to attack Moore. All the cities of the Metro have to work together for the good of each other. However, I was just making the statement, that from business standpoint, outside of incentives, placing the Cabela's around one of the two huge developments just makes more sense. And I hope that you can agree with me on that.

Although, maybe this will be a good thing in Moore. If a Cabela's does go in Moore, then maybe Moore could find a really good developer to come in and create an area like what BA is doing with their Bass Pro.
    They already have one. The guy who developed Riverwalk.

so traxx...Is that kind of like Home Depot and Lowe's building their stores across the street from each other in Moore...I doubt very seriously that a Bricktown Bass Pro would squash a deal for them if the numbers look right

That would mean they would just concede all the major cities Bass Pro is already in

Quote Originally Posted by mranderson
    They already have one. The guy who developed Riverwalk.
    Please explain. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180
    so traxx...Is that kind of like Home Depot and Lowe's building their stores across the street from each other in Moore...I doubt very seriously that a Bricktown Bass Pro would squash a deal for them if the numbers look right

That would mean they would just concede all the major cities Bass Pro is already in
    Not really. Lowe's and Home Depot aren't quite the same magnitude as these outdoor superstores. You'll find several Lowe's and Home Depot stores in cities because they are merely big box stores, but with Bass Pro and Cabella's the store is the attraction or draw. If Bass Pro were located say at Memorial and Penn then there'd be enough space in between to have one in South OKC/Moore, but with Bass Pro being in the center of the city it makes it more unlikely however as you'll remember from my previous post I said it's not impossible just that I doubted it.

Who knows, maybe I'll be proven wrong. But then again the numbers have looked right to other stores that have moved in and found their numbers wrong. Taco Cabana comes immediately to mind. I suppose their numbers showed that OKC metro could support all those sites but now you see many closed or turned into something else.

17. Default Re: University North Park

I can see us getting an REI or Dick's Sporting Goods because they are very different, whereas Cabela's is basically exactly like Bass Pro--hunting, fishing, and other "hick" sports. Dick's is more general sports like a giant Academy, and REI is adventure sports like skiing, climbing, camping, backpacking...

This is what I know about University North Park:

Target will officially open 10/3/2006. Throughout the center proposed tenants include TJ Maxx, Circuit City, Office Depot, Petco, Kirklands, Dress Barn, Maurices, Rack Room Shoes. PF Changs as well as Pei Wei are heavily considered as possible tenants. Chipolte will be located on an outparcel. Starbucks will be a build-to-suit in Area 1B. JC Penney will be located in Area 2A, while Kohl's will be located in Area 2B. John Q hammons will build Embassy Suites in Area 4 along with a large convention center.

Home Depot is in negotation to take Area 3A, which means the present location on I-35 will be vacated.

Other possible tenants include: high end eateries, Hal Smith type restaurants, Whole Foods, Costco, and The Container Store.

A theatre is planned for the Lifestyle Center however it is to be small and offer dining during the movie.

Sooner Mall is not intending to close and from what it appears Dillards will absorb the vacated JC Penney store, much like Dillards did at Penn Square.

From my understanding, the large theatre planned for Moore is stil underway; however additional investors are being sought before additional financing can be provided.

Unfortunately, University North Park offers the same ol' stuff that is being located at very shopping center in OKC. There is still some available retail bays and restaurant sites that the developer can utilize that will make this development stand out from the rest.

This project needs a tenent like Dave & Busters or Game Works. Also, it needs an entertainment facility like http://www.maineventusa.net/. Think outside the box!

If this is going to be what you say, okyboy, then I don't understand why David Boren was comparing this to Utica Square.

I concur.

I believe David Boren's comment regarding Utica Square maybe in direct comparison to the Lifestyle Center itself. The Lifestyle Center will resemble a boulevard with shops and eateries, antique street lighting, professional landscaping, etc. Some high end shops are expected to fulfill this space. Since the Lifestyle Center will be one of the last phases of the 5-year development, tenants will slowly evolve.
    Utica Square currently occupies retailers such as Restoration Station, Coach, Williams-Sonoma, Saks 5th Avenue, Harolds, Flirt, and Banana Republic. PF Changs, Flemings, Starbucks, and some smaller eateries are also located in Utica Square.

Overall I would see the Lifestyle Center resembling Utica Square. However the entire University North Park development will be large and will entertain many retailers and restaurants.

OK, that makes more sense. Just the lifestyle center resembling Utica Square sounds more realistic.

Crap! Another opportunity blown. This is just the same kind of stuff as what's on Ed Noble Pkwy. We need different stores and ideas. Some upscale stores. But instead they're just putting in more big box stores and "trendy" restaurants. PF Changs is going to oversaturate the market like Taco Cabana did and I'm about as impressed with Changs as I was with Cabana. Hopefully things will change before the rest of it gets built, it's not too late to make it better.

Looks like a Kohl's is part of this project too.

Thread Information