Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Best burgers in Oklahoma?

Default Re: Best burgers in Oklahoma?

If in the Tulsa area Hank's Hamburgers on Admiral. Son's Hamburgers in Wagoner are also good.

For a good burger, I'll put my vote in for Sooner Dairy Lunch in Norman. If you go though, don't forget to take cash.

3. Default Re: Best burgers in Oklahoma?

BBQ Bacon burger (cant remember if I had cheese on it). Really great. Mom had a burger (not sure which kind) and they grilled the onions. Cheesecake Factory

Is there still a Big Ed's around?

4. Default Re: Best burgers in Oklahoma?

Yes, there's a Big Ed's at NW 122nd & Penn.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCDrummer77 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    BBQ Bacon burger (cant remember if I had cheese on it). Really great. Mom had a burger (not sure which kind) and they grilled the onions. Cheesecake Factory

Is there still a Big Ed's around?
    Yes, there's a Big Ed's at NW 122nd & Penn.
    There's is a story today in The Oklahoman about Big Ed's passing (Edward L. Thomas obituary), they also have a video interview with the owner of the current Big Ed's location at 122nd & Penn. Growing up we ate at the 23rd & MacArthur location quite often.

NewsOK.com - For many Oklahomans, ‘Big Ed’ lives on in memories

6. Default Re: Best burgers in Oklahoma?

Oh, they really do have great burgers and fries. I've always went to the one on Sunnylane, just off of 15th in Del City. Sadly, that was gone quite some time now. I remember another one on Western, south of I-40, but I'm sure that one is gone too.

Mom and Dad met at the Del City's Big Ed's and later married. They're now divorced.

Big Ed's, thanks for giving my dad a job, now mom and him met and here I am. I'm born alive!

I doubt too many people have visited Hungry Frog's, located at NW 10th and Penn, but they have some amazing burgers for a really good price.
    ...this shortest straw has been pulled for you

loved big ed's burgers growing up... we'd almost always go there instead of a fast food chain. anyone know where his first location was?

-M

Quote Originally Posted by danielf1935 View Post
    If your ever in Bartlesville, you have to try Murphys Steak House, order the hot hamburger, it's a 12 oz sirloin patty on a grilled bun, covered with homemade fry's and smothered with homemade, brown gravy.

Not healthy, but dang, it's good
    Meh, it's really pretty poor nowadays honestly. I grew up in Bartlesville and ate there all the time. Now it's a poor shadow of its once glory. Not bad by any means, but eh, if you'd had one when they were awesome, it's hard to eat them now.

I do still love their fries smothered in the gravy though!

My vote is for Irma's here in OKC.

10. Default Re: Best burgers in Oklahoma?

Confirmed. Big Ed's is on 122nd and Penn. Well worth the drive.

Only issue is thin ketchup and lack of dessert.

Jumbo Doublemeat Cheeseburger with Fries and Drink for 6 bux. I added bacons. :-)

That place was full. Not sure why all the other stores closed, but sure do hope they start reopening new stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Chynna802 View Post
    Irma's Burger Shack
    Having to quote this here. I love Irma's

I try to eat at every "Burger Joint" in and out of town and when it's all said and done, seems as though I always go back to "Dan's Ol' Time Diner" or Nix on N. Penn! Hard to beat Dan's french frys!

Quote Originally Posted by MrBigglesworth View Post
    Having to quote this here. I love Irma's
    What do you think of McNelly's??? Not a bad hamburger, just a little noisy!!

Quote Originally Posted by keving View Post
    I've heard of a place called Nick's either on May or Penn in near 13th. Have heard from a neighbor friend that they have excellent burgers. The place is small but he runs an efficient burger joint.
    Go early or be prepared to wait! It's fantastic... and very, very busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Buickcarnut View Post
    Can't believe more people haven't tried a cheddar burger at Earls on western? Now that's a burger. I still have yet to see what the facination with Jonnies is? I've had better Braums burgers than Jonnies.
    When Johnnies first opened and had only one location on Britton Road, close to Western (not the one that's closer to May now), oh, man! You couldn't beat 'em. Now they're a franchise and the menu's gone all fast-food. Good fries and onion rings still, though.

Best burger for me, hands down: Cousin's, a little dark bar just north of NW 63rd and May, on the west side. OMG. Grilled. Homemade fries. Excellent with or without bacon.

I've met my boyfriend in Big Ed's but after working there for over a year I'm fed up and cant look at their burgers any more. But, trust me, they are dellicious and the standard is really high. Now I like to change places when we go out.

16. Default Re: Best burgers in Oklahoma?

I doubt too many people have visited Hungry Frog's, located at NW 10th and Penn, but they have some amazing burgers for a really good price.
    Love their burgers and breakfast too!

Also like Flat Tire in Edmond, Johnnies and Nic's around the corner from Hungry Frog.

17. Default Re: Best burgers in Oklahoma?

1. Burger King
    2. Mcdonalds
    3. carls jr
    4. sonic

18. Default Re: Best burgers in Oklahoma?

You can't be serious.

My Favorites:

1. Red Robin
    2. Johnnies
    3. Little Mike's
    4. Bunny's
    5. Meer's

I've always enjoyed Big Ed's for a different reason--the bun used on the larger burgers. They have an uncommon texture---almost cakelike. Mind, I have no complaints about the meat itself.

I firmly subscribe to Roadfood's assessment (which I saw in a past review of theirs) that Oklahoma City is "hamburger heaven". In that light, I find it hard to choose even a few favorites, as all the local burgers I've had have something to appreciate about them.

I humbly exclude "fast" type burgers---!

Nichols Hills drug has the best burgers in OKC hands down, even beats Johnnies and Charcoal Oven

Went to Meer's monday night! I thought it was good, but not incredible. It was nice and big. I was very disappointed in our waitress though, she almost ruined it for me. I would rate them in the top 5 at least.

loved big ed's burgers growing up... we'd almost always go there instead of a fast food chain. anyone know where his first location was
    Pretty sure it was in the shopping center at the NE corner of 50th & Meridian.

Kobe burger at Red Prime

Best burger 20 dollars can buy...share it cause its hunormous! And you can say you took the lady on a nice date ;-)

My 2 favorite places for hamburgers are Coits and Freddy's Frozen Custard. Sonic used to be #1 on my list but for some reason, my taste buds reject them now and I can't stand them. I've wondered if they changed their recipe or the way they cook them.

Thread Information