Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Hampton Inn

1. Default Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

True. I dont see why the tower needed to be eliminated.

Heck, since this is the case, Bricktown committee should have just gone with original since it had a tower and 7 floors of brick.

To lose the tower for only 1 additional floor of brick does not make sense to me!!!
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Default Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

From the scanned picture, that "tower" doesn't seem to extend much beyond the top of the main structure. Does it really take that much brick for the "tower"?

Sounds like a cop-out to me.

3. Default Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

I don't know, the tower was just an interesting feature. If they don't want to build it anymore because they're fed up with the design committee, I say we better leave them alone and let them get started. I think they were about to give up if it wasn't passed this time. Let's stop harassing the good builders and start chastising the ones who never get started on their work and ultimately produce crap.

Patrick Guest

I think you guys need to go back through and re-read the articles. The original plans (metro posted) called for 9 floors, with the lower 7 floor brick, and the upper 2 floors stucco, with the tower in the middle. Concerning the brick, that hasn't changed. I'm not sure where you guys are coming with this "added one floor of brick" idea. Now, about why the removed the tower....I think Steve left us a little confused in the article. It says they removed it to pay for the brick. But, it doesn't seem like there was any brick added.

Patrick Guest

From the way Steve's article is worded, it appears the original intent was for the entire building to be stucco. To pay for the brick for the lower 7 floors, the developer had to eliminate the tower.

Patrick Guest

Here's one that Raymond Management built in downtown St. Louis. Looks pretty similar:

Here's one they're building in Idaho:

We shouldn't complain. It could look like this:

I like that they say without the stucco, there wouldn't be any contrast.

Ummm, last time time I checked, it was Bricktown. If you want contrast, use two different brick colors.

8. Default Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

Go back to page two, someone posted the pic of what the original plan was. 7 floors of brick and top two with stucco, and it includes the tower. That is why I am thinking that they aren't really planning on eliminating the tower, because they haven't added any brick. I am so confused with this whole thing. I do hope they plan on keeping the tower because if they do, it will be nicer than the St. Louis or the Idaho one.

9. Default Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

Why would they have gone to the trouble of producing a tower-less rendering for the paper then?

10. Default Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

Was there a towerless rendering? I never saw one.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

11. Default Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

In the paper with the article on Thursday. back page of the business section- all brick with top two floors stucco, no lighted tower.

12. Default Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

Can anyone report of the status/progress of this project? I can't wait to see it get started!

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Loudenback
    Can anyone report of the status/progress of this project? I can't wait to see it get started!
    Any smart developer would have started already to be up and running by next years Big XII Tourney.

You'd think Henderson was behind this, with the reduction of a lot of the asthetics.

Question Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

Hi! My name is Eric Lyle, and I am a new member as of today. I am still trying to figure this site out, but would like to know where they are getting the siding for the Hampton (i.e. brick).

15. Default Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

Where they are getting it??

16. Default Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

Quote Originally Posted by ETL
    Hi! My name is Eric Lyle, and I am a new member as of today. I am still trying to figure this site out, but would like to know where they are getting the siding for the Hampton (i.e. brick).
    The ground? :tweeted:

Yes, do you know what company they are getting the brick from? Thanks.

You might want to call the construction company and ask them. There is a big sign in front of the construction site, I'm sure you could get the contact info you need off of there. It would probably be considered confidential information as to whom they purchased it from and how much. Most of the brick is already going on or is sitting on site. If you're trying to sell them some, it's too late. If your just curious though, ignore the previous statement.

19. Default Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

Quote Originally Posted by metro
    You might want to call the construction company and ask them. There is a big sign in front of the construction site, I'm sure you could get the contact info you need off of there. It would probably be considered confidential information as to whom they purchased it from and how much. Most of the brick is already going on or is sitting on site. If you're trying to sell them some, it's too late. If your just curious though, ignore the previous statement.
    I'm confused, Metro ... are you talking about the Hampton Inn or about the Marriott Residence Inn? I'd be delighted to learn that signs of construction of the Hampton Inn had been "sighted"!

Question Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

I apologies, I am just curious about the Hampton Inn planed for Bricktown.

Patrick Guest

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Acme Brick.

Doug, you're right, I was confused with the already started Residence Inn, The HI hasn't started yet so if he's trying to sell them some brick he might still have time.

23. Default Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

Off topic but on the city chamber website it talks of having two unannounced hotels in the works besides the already known RI & HI. I'm assuming one could be the embassy suites, but the other....??? Perhaps i've simply missed it somewhere on this website.

24. Default Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

Quote Originally Posted by jdsplaypin
    Off topic but on the city chamber website it talks of having two unannounced hotels in the works besides the already known RI & HI. I'm assuming one could be the embassy suites, but the other....??? Perhaps i've simply missed it somewhere on this website.
    I'd like to read that. Link?

Thread Information