Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst local commercial?

Default Re: Worst local commercial?

Quote Originally Posted by bornhere View Post
    There's actually something called the Beef Jerky Emporium?
    Yes, they are located on the corner of Britton and May. If you have Cox Cable turn on channel 53 NEWS9's newcast repeats the lastest newscast until a new newscast comes on the air. You will see that commerical and every two bit commerical know to man on there. Not to mention a few psa's that are played extremely loud.

2. Default Re: Worst local commercial?

There was also a series of car commercials in the last few years, I think for a Norman car lot, that drove me crazy because the spokesman was sporting a major mullet. Every commercial he proudly displayed his Oklahoma variation on a Donald Trump hair-do. I couldn't stand to look at it. I wanted to call him and ask him to please get a haircut from this century.

Is this the same guy in some of the commercials you guys are talking about? I can't remember which car lot he represented.

Also, I know it's a not a local commercial but it is a local company - I'm about done with the two guys in the car on the Sonic commercials. Some of the commercials were amusing, but I am over them now and they're getting on my nerves.

3. Default Re: Worst local commercial?

Quote Originally Posted by theilluminatedfirefly View Post
    There was also a series of car commercials in the last few years, I think for a Norman car lot, that drove me crazy because the spokesman was sporting a major mullet. Every commercial he proudly displayed his Oklahoma variation on a Donald Trump hair-do. I couldn't stand to look at it. I wanted to call him and ask him to please get a haircut from this century.

Is this the same guy in some of the commercials you guys are talking about? I can't remember which car lot he represented.

Also, I know it's a not a local commercial but it is a local company - I'm about done with the two guys in the car on the Sonic commercials. Some of the commercials were amusing, but I am over them now and they're getting on my nerves.
    That sounds like Brad McRae, former owner of Big Red Sports & Imports. He's now doing commercials for Fowler Dodge, and his style is very much the same.

Gawd here is the worst....DAVID STANLEYS BOY......he looks like one of those little punching dolls dressed as a football player that you seen at the games.....I cant even stand to watch him!

Not a mega fan of the two guys in the Sonic commericals, but the lass and the guy who play their roles as lil' beauty and the geek still manage to crack me up most of the time.

I forgot to mention I cannot stand the Knipplemier radio commericals. They sound like somebody's 80 year old grandmother doing Karaoke.

Worst radio spot out there right now is for some Heat & Air company. These people make the folks on Hee-Haw sound sophisticated. I'm "Merican" and I approve this message.

Any commercial that has a siren or tone that sounds like the EBS....there was one recently but I can't remember whose it was...It should be illegal.

The diffee commercials....ok at first I thought Gibson was a cute kid, still is, but now that hes getting older they seem to be focusing on the younger brother. Whats wrong, Gibson not cute enough anymore? And it gets worse, now every furniture commercial has either a baby or a puppy in it.....WHY?????

And this isn't a commercial per se but the severe weather tone that Cox uses.....that basically covers up any useful weather info you might NEED to hear to save your life. This spring our tv was still WAILING that a tornado warning was in effect although the weather service had cancelled it more than an hour before. Unbelieveable!!!

Quote Originally Posted by westsidesooner View Post
    Any commercial that has a siren or tone that sounds like the EBS....there was one recently but I can't remember whose it was...It should be illegal.
    I don't know which commercial you're referring to, but I agree this should not be allowed. That tone should only be used for real emergencies and tests, and for absolutely no other reason. Not even for news promos. And along the same lines - radio commercials with sirens or car horns should not be allowed either. Speaker systems are getting a lot better these days and sometimes, the sound can be incredibly realistic and not in a good way. But I pretty much stopped listening to the radio when I got my mp3 player, so no problem there anymore - for me anyway.

Im not sure exactly how the FCC rule is worded but commercials that have alert tones that are close to the EAS tones or references to EAS or EBS are illegal.

My submission for worst local commercial would be any local attorney commercials. The one I really hated was the two guys, one was Conway and I forgot the other that died back in May 2006. Those commercials from the two were always bad.

I think the Mackie McNears commercials suck a lame duck fart, but for some reason I'm always hungry after listening to Mack describe the "most served steak in all of Oklahoma".

Me too.

LET'S GO!
    ...this shortest straw has been pulled for you

Quote Originally Posted by zcamaro70 View Post
    My submission for worst local commercial would be any local attorney commercials. The one I really hated was the two guys, one was Conway and I forgot the other that died back in May 2006. Those commercials from the two were always bad.

Daniel....(may he RIP)....man, that guy ended up having some serious issues.....maybe those commericals he shot got to him too?? ....

14. Default Re: Worst local commercial?

I CANNOT believe no one has mentioned Mr. Sprigg's BBQ (Sprigg's BBQ, Sprigg's BBQ) I didni't know R. Kelley did songs about BBQ! The best part is: "MEAT FALLS OFF THE BOOOOOOONE..."

Check it out

YouTube - Mr. Spriggs BBQ

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby821 View Post
    Where is his son Bo Newsom at these days?
    The last I heard, Bo was living up north and was shooting a tv show for Cabela's.

"Affordable Furniture.....Where the working women shop"

Considering this is in a sleazy shopping center and RIGHT NEXT DOOR to a strip club is this really the wording they should use. SALE ON USED MATTRESS'

1. Anything involving Wava.
    2. 1-800 2 Sell Homes
    3. Mathis Brothers (gotta love when they throw in that ugly dog)
    4. Bob Mills (its a Cosby sweater)
    5. The radio spot for some heat and air company where they reworded Johnny Cash's "Ring of Fire"

Ok, Wava isn't going to win any awards with her commercials, but she is truly a nice lady.

19. Default Re: Worst local commercial?

800-2-Sell Homes by a long shot...i'm shocked they are back after getting caught for being a scam operation under their old name.

I would also say the local lawyer with "No one will take advantage of you, I mean No one"...like he is some mafia thug.

never met the lawyer in the ad, but I'd agree your perception is what is intended by the ad. Not the worst lawyer ad I've ever seen, but also not the best.

21. Default Re: Worst local commercial?

A few years ago, there was an injury lawyer commercial where the actual victim (maybe) was describing how she got into her accident. It started "I was turning left from Penn onto May." WHAT????

Quote Originally Posted by OKCDrummer77 View Post
    A few years ago, there was an injury lawyer commercial where the actual victim (maybe) was describing how she got into her accident. It started "I was turning left from Penn onto May." WHAT????
    Bwahahaha. No wonder she was in an accident. She didn't even know where the heck she was!

Every Integris Health commercial is an affront to God and humanity both.

Automax ones with Paul Newsom.
    i heard he was a nice person, and he seems like one. don't mean to get off the subject, but does he do an outdoor (hunting) show sometimes?

Quote Originally Posted by sgt. pepper View Post
    i heard he was a nice person, and he seems like one. don't mean to get off the subject, but does he do an outdoor (hunting) show sometimes?

Yeah...I think it's called "Paul Newsom's Great Outdoors".

Thread Information