Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vanessa House Brewery

Default Re: Vanessa House Brewery

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Is Elk Valley open yet?
    This Saturday at 11

https://twitter.com/TakeABiteOK/stat...93381364662274

This lil brewery keeps chugging along. They had to deal with road construction for what felt like forever. I stopped by the other day. Super clean, all tables have hand sanitizer in center, x's on floor to delineate 6 feet. Employee wearing mask, contactless pay. I was impressed. And that was before the guy told me they were running a special buy 3 crowlers for $15 tax included. That's $5 for a crowler and that's an insanely good deal.

I'm not sure how accurate the information I heard this morning was, but there are loud whispers that Vanessa House will not be open much longer. Things have slowed significantly at their location and they lost one of the head brewers and graphic designers recently to Roughtail. Really a bummer they couldn't make it work!

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    I'm not sure how accurate the information I heard this morning was, but there are loud whispers that Vanessa House will not be open much longer. Things have slowed significantly at their location and they lost one of the head brewers and graphic designers recently to Roughtail. Really a bummer they couldn't make it work!
    Not to totally discount this but there have been rumors of this happening for like 6 months. Could just come down to when their lease is up for renewal to finally pull the plug though.

I have to admit that their generic, boring labeling has kept me from every trying their beer. Too many other options where I don't have to pick up the can and read the fine print to what it is.

Can’t say I’m surprised. I recently saw that they got a settlement from the city for taking way way longer to repair that construction. That had to have had a major impact on their business. Still though, the brewery industry has taken a major hit in the last few years all around.

The Pivot Project has this building for sale and the listing indicates "building is currently occupied by Vanessa House Beer Co but tenant will vacate the building".

That sucks. Been a long time, but I stopped in there once and enjoyed it. I often had their 401k cream ale at McNellies in Tulsa and even picked up a six pack a few times at the liquor store. It was certainly one of the smoothest beers made in OK.

Vanessa House has officially closed.

10. Default Re: Vanessa House Brewery

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Vanessa House has officially closed.
    While they had pretty mid beer,I hate to see all these breweries close. ��

Thread Information