Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bungalow 23 (formerly 23rd Street Courts)

Default Re: Bungalow 23 (formerly 23rd Street Courts)

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Is that where the original Trudy's was?
    Not sure of names of establishments. I just know the type of scene Rainey street was when I went down a few years ago before all the high rises started going up. It was full of bars and clubs. Basically a safer/less trashy version of 6th street.

Here is a somewhat more recent look at what Rainey Street is like.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Is that where the original Trudy's was?
    No. Rainey St. is south/southeast of downtown on the north side of Lady Bird. Original Trudys is just north of UT just east of Guad.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    There’s a difference between being easily offended and rolling your eyes at the name of a bar sounding like something that a 19 year old frat bro would think is the funniest thing in the world.
    I guess you're not a fan of Little Dicks Halfway Inn out by i-240 and Eastern lol

I wish they will succeed, but I question the sustainability of similar models in OKC. I don't think places like City Garden, The Collective, and Sunset Patio are doing well these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Oski View Post
    I wish they will succeed, but I question the sustainability of similar models in OKC. I don't think places like City Garden, The Collective, and Sunset Patio are doing well these days.
    What did I just read? The Collective is always packed, even if the outside isn't swamped right now. And these buildings have indoor areas, as well.

I was at The Collective on Saturday, and they seem to be doing just fine. I'm looking forward to having this up on 23rd.

I think this project is very well positioned to succeed. The entire Uptown 23rd area always seems to be bustling these days, and this seems perfectly-placed to expand that liveliness a bit to the west. Not to mention, Chick N Beer already gets good crowds as is.

I'm relieved to see they are working on the rust plate signage. It always bothered me that they just gave up on maintaining those at a certain point.

Karaoke bar planned for one of the tiny buildings on the western edge of this project:

Plans for moving Chick n Beer to the back 2-story building that was formerly home to Guernsey Park and then Okie Poke:

A series of pergolas is planned along 23rd Street:

They hope to open 3 of the concepts around Memorial Day weekend, 2 more by the end of June (including the relocated Chick and Beer) and the last few in August. They have been working hard inside most the bugalows.

Drove by today and the construction fence was down facing 23rd

I'm going by there soon to take some photos.

They are getting close to opening the first few concepts, then will be rolling out the remainder throughout the summer.

18. Default Re: Bungalow 23 (formerly 23rd Street Courts)

On their Facebook they're saying July 20th opening for four of the places.

19. Default Re: Bungalow 23 (formerly 23rd Street Courts)

Two of the new spots are now open. Downtime Bar and Muckers Irish Pub.
    https://www.instagram.com/downtimeokc
    https://www.instagram.com/muckerspub/

Didn't find a website for Downtime but here is link to Muckers. Basically it is a hot dog style and french fry place looking at menu so guessing the focus will be more on the pub side. They do have a few "dogs" that appear to be either braised pork or sliced ribeye that sound like they could be tasty. Opens at 4 during the week and 11 am on weekends so could make for a nice light saturday lunch with a pint

https://www.muckerspub.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    Didn't find a website for Downtime but here is link to Muckers. Basically it is a hot dog style and french fry place looking at menu so guessing the focus will be more on the pub side. They do have a few "dogs" that appear to be either braised pork or sliced ribeye that sound like they could be tasty. Opens at 4 during the week and 11 am on weekends so could make for a nice light saturday lunch with a pint

If they're keeping the kitchen open until 2 a.m. on the weekends, that's a huge win.

22. Default Re: Bungalow 23 (formerly 23rd Street Courts)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post

Tried some of their dogs this weekend. Wasn't blown away. Had the House Dog and a Korean dog. They load them up, but the flavor just doesn't hit. The fries were okay, but they aren't as good as Burger Punk or Spark fries. The interior looks really nice, but it doesn't feel like an Irish Pub. They also didn't have a bar menu yet so I would wait to go until they have some things figured out.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieBerto View Post
    Tried some of their dogs this weekend. Wasn't blown away. Had the House Dog and a Korean dog. They load them up, but the flavor just doesn't hit. The fries were okay, but they aren't as good as Burger Punk or Spark fries. The interior looks really nice, but it doesn't feel like an Irish Pub. They also didn't have a bar menu yet so I would wait to go until they have some things figured out.
    Did you happen to find out how late the kitchen is open? If not, I might have to go there this week to find out that info and report back to the board, lol.

24. Default Re: Bungalow 23 (formerly 23rd Street Courts)

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Did you happen to find out how late the kitchen is open? If not, I might have to go there this week to find out that info and report back to the board, lol.
    We went pretty late. They were serving up dogs until about 10pm. I didn't ask when they closed the kitchen, but it seems they can be open pretty late. Dogs and fries don't take much to make.

Tried Muckers last weekend, I thought the hot dogs and loaded fries were good- really liked the bun they used on the Korean and Atomic dogs, reminded me of the bread at Raising Cane's haha.
    Not sure if green plaid wall paper and Guinness on draft is enough to call it an "Irish Pub" but that was my only real gripe with the place.
    Food and drink prices were reasonable, food came out fast, and I think they said they do happy hour every day.

Thread Information