Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Natural Grocers

Default Re: Natural Grocers

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    They also need to time the lights properly - going north when the Hefner light turns green, only to be stopped a block later when the Quail Creek one had turned red at almost the same instant as the Hefner one turned green. Same thing with 50th and the Target light. A turning lane would make May sooooooooooooooooooo much more drive-able! Never gonna happen, though, too many utility poles right up against the curbs for too much of May.
    Good points all around. I think driving south from Grand through 50th is one of the more frustrating things I have to do at least once a week. Again, if the city would work on timing of the lights, it would be a lot better.

I would just widen it to six lanes, put a landscaped median with turn lanes, and that would solve all the problems there.

3. Default Re: Natural Grocers

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    yeah I've been using May ave. for the past couple weeks for a few things and that entire street needs to be widened to six lanes. The traffic is freakin insane on that road at times
    I have seen many dangerous situations, especially considering there is no middle turn lane.

4. Default Re: Natural Grocers

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Good points all around. I think driving south from Grand through 50th is one of the more frustrating things I have to do at least once a week. Again, if the city would work on timing of the lights, it would be a lot better.
    I think this could be said for most of the lights in our city. Downtown is also horrible. Yesterday it took me 5 mins. to go from Classen to Lee. I got all red lights.

The NW 164th and Western location was open this weekend. We didn't go in but saw a "NOW OPEN" banner on the front of the building.

The store in Edmond is hugely disappointing. I will be amazed if these stores do well in Oklahoma.

They had one in Nornan for a few years and it seems to do well.

Quote Originally Posted by brownb01 View Post
    The store in Edmond is hugely disappointing. I will be amazed if these stores do well in Oklahoma.
    why so?

Quote Originally Posted by brownb01 View Post
    We went to the 164th/Western one this weekend, lots of shoppers, lots of selection, seemed like someplace we'll be returning to. Very Akin's-like, not sure how the prices compare between them, though, but we might use them instead of Akin's, less traffic...

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    We went to the 164th/Western one this weekend, lots of shoppers, lots of selection, seemed like someplace we'll be returning to. Very Akin's-like, not sure how the prices compare between them, though, but we might use them instead of Akin's, less traffic...
    Being akin to Akin's was a bad thing in our friend's eyes. They were thinking there would be a lot of food/produce, but they complained that the selection was minimal and too heavy on the supplement side. They'll be sticking to Sprouts.

I'll likely not step foot inside Natural Grocers myself, since we tend to stick inside the urban core, venturing up to Whole Foods for our shopping.

12. Default Re: Natural Grocers

The one in Norman has more food items, but it's very similar to the Health Food Store (gotta love the name) on 240/Penn in size/selection. Like has been said, I'd place the three in the Akins category more than Sprouts/Whole Foods.

Quote Originally Posted by cafeboeuf View Post
    Being akin to Akin's was a bad thing in our friend's eyes. They were thinking there would be a lot of food/produce, but they complained that the selection was minimal and too heavy on the supplement side. They'll be sticking to Sprouts.

I'll likely not step foot inside Natural Grocers myself, since we tend to stick inside the urban core, venturing up to Whole Foods for our shopping.
    Yeah, agreed, the supplements take up quite a bit of space, and their produce selection was fairly disappointing, as well as the bread selection. We shopped at Akin's for mainly their frozen things (for lunchtime), chips, and crackers. Natural Grocers does have a pretty good selection of chocolate, though, as well as roasted cashews that are *not* roasted in peanut oil, so it fits our needs.

Eventually we'll move to the urban core, hopefully within the next 6-8 months, and be able to shop at Sprouts, WF (their cheese selection!), etc., so tired of living in North Bum.....

Looks to be a land grader delivered to the 89th and S Penn location today. Over the years, I have seen plenty of construction equipment temporarily parked on this land though, so it might not be related to the rumored grocery store. I have not noticed any building permits yet.

9/14/2014

Sorry not a very good one but I'll get a couple better ones at a later date

Shopped at the Edmond store recently and it seems like a smaller version of Whole Foods or Sprouts. It's nice to only have to go a little over a mile to get to it though. They have an organic guacamole that was good and a pre-made salad I got to to take to work that was similarly very good. Produce area is small, but still had a wide variety, just in smallish quantities. Nice to have close, but probably won't be a frequent stop for us as we usually go to the Crest a mile away from this.

Filed for a $1.85 Million permit for 15,000 square feet and a 29 foot tall structure for SW 89th and S Penn today.

The application name for this project is Specialty Grocers...

The application name for the NW 164th and Western location was Specialty Retail. So, they are being coy about what it is they are doing. But there is hardly any difference to the two applications. The square footage is similar, the height is similar, the cost is similar, and the address of the applicant is the same. So 100% sure this is natural grocers.

Their location at 7001 N. May opens next Tuesday, Nov. 4th.

I've been redeeming their free product coupons. Anyway today went in to redeem the $5 free produce, I did stock up on their prepackaged bulk grains. Great prices. If you use stuff like barley, polenta and spices, the prices are great. Also have the cheapest prices on Kalona milk. Just like any other store, they have their good deals. I choice to shop at different stores for different items.

The S.W. 89th and Penn location is out to bid to General Contractors for the end of this month.

The deal is done at 33rd & Boulevard:

OKCTalk - Another grocery store planned for Edmond

So they poured concrete at the SW 89 & Penn location last week and they've been tearing up that new slab for the past two days - any idea what's going on? Just a poor pour (ha!), staked something in the wrong place, didn't pass inspection, or ???

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    So they poured concrete at the SW 89 & Penn location last week and they've been tearing up that new slab for the past two days - any idea what's going on? Just a poor pour (ha!), staked something in the wrong place, didn't pass inspection, or ???
    A family member of mine saw that and actually stopped to ask them why they were ripping it up, and the workman there told them it "wasn't level." I almost take that to mean the surface grade was not correct, but man, what a mistake to make. Someone's eating a chunk of $$$ on that. Another thing that came to mind was that perhaps a core sample came back and indicated the concrete wasn't of the proper or specified strength, but that wasn't mentioned.

Now open at 33rd & Boulevard in Edmond:

Yes the one at 33rd and Boulevard has been open for a few months. It's super nice. I usually shop at the one on North May, however I will hit this one up after work some days. This one here on 33rd is enormous compared to the one on N May. From my experience in Nat Grocers, when I go they always have a fraction of customers compared to Sprouts, and is why I will generally go here instead of Sprouts.

Thread Information