Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Classen

Default Classen Tower

What is up with the Calasen Tower? Seems like it is taking quite a while to have residents move in. October was supposed to be the move in date. (to the best of my knowledge) I heard it was sold and is being changed to apartments instead of condos. Any body have any info?

2. Default Re: Classen Tower

I wouldn't be surprised. What is it, like $175,000 to start on the condos?

I didn't think that dog was gonna hunt from day one.

If I'm gonna pay that much I'd wait for something in downtown.

Default Re: Classen Tower

Too bad. I would seriously consider that place. The amenities are awesome and there's still no high rise residential planned for downtown, yet.

Watch for condos coming at The Osler Building. That is the seven story building directly north of Cafe De Brasil at 11 and Walker.

The amenities are awesome
    The place is nice. They have no pool except for the lap pool in the basement. I would think with a classy price like that, there would be a recreational pool. Is the Osler building going to have a pool?

I think they have a few residents moved in but yeah. Tanenbaum is not too impressive as of lately. Actually RSA the original move in date was Oct/Nov of 2005but got moved to Nov. of this year. Looks like it will be of next year before they have very many residents in there if you ask me.

7. Default Re: Classen Tower

Quote Originally Posted by RSA View Post
    What is up with the Calasen Tower?
    The what-- ? No seriously, Whatchou talkin bout, Willis?

-----

The Classen is going fine. IT was going to be overpriced condos. Then rental units. No, back to condos. I'm sure preselling is a little off from what they expected, but hey, they could have put their resources into a project a little closer to downtown and gotten away with their rediculous prices.

8. Default Re: Classen Tower

God, I hope the Osler has new owners. I knew people that had offices there and they often spoke of the owner (creepy guy who lives on the top floor and runs a security company) would secretly go into the offices at night and snoop around. I could see the building adapting to condos, but I hope they update the elevators.

Yes, The Osler building was purchased by Greg Banta and the Banta Companies, it's part of his MidTown Renaissance campaign. You might want to read that thread to catch up with what is going on in MidTown.

I would think with a classy price like that, there would be a recreational pool.
    Classy recrational pool? Let's see, it has:

A deck
    A track
    A basketball court
    putting green
    driving range
    volleyball court
    grills
    spa
    fitness center
    business center
    and a lap pool

Those are some pretty classy amenities. With all that, I would think a "recreational pool" might even drag its class down.

A deck
    A track
    A basketball court
    putting green
    driving range
    volleyball court
    grills
    spa
    fitness center
    business center
    and a lap pool

Those are some pretty classy amenities. With all that, I would think a "recreational pool" might even drag its class down.
    I just want to go on record saying this is just my opinion.

Those are some nice amenities. It just seems to me, a deck should surround a pool. They have all the stuff a community like this should have, except the pool. All the luxury hi rise condos and lofts I have seen have outdoor pools. It make for good entertaining as well as relaxing in the hot summers of OKC. To me, it is a deal breaker. Of course I could not live there with all my kids. Again, just my opinion.

RSA, have you toured the Classen? It's going to be like living in a 4.5 - 5 star hotel with all the amenities it has. It's definitely first class. Not sure who or where the rumor came from that it was going to leases or apartments. I think you have your story mixed up with the Montgomery. The Classen never flip flopped like that and probably won't. I won't be surprised if they do end up putting a few lower level units up for rent though. I agree though I too wish it had both indoor and outdoor pool. The indoor pool is an Olympic lap pool if I remember right and has a lane with those jets that make you swim upstream.

RSA, have you toured the Classen?
    Yes, I even took some pictures from the balcony. (acually twice) I do think the spaces are awesome. I hope everything goes well for this project and it brings some revitalization to the area along with the tower theater.

14. Default Re: Classen Tower

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post

A deck
    A track
    A basketball court
    putting green
    driving range
    volleyball court
    grills
    spa
    fitness center
    business center
    and a lap pool

Well, Personally I'd give up most of those things to have a happening pool with hot chicks in bikinis roaming around.

15. Default Re: Classen Tower

Now don't quote me on this, but my partner recently went to look at The Classen out of curiosity (last month) and he told me that they told him that some of the units are for sale and some are for lease. Of course, he's getting old and senile (just kidding) so don't hold me to it.

I've looked at them too. That's what they told me. They also talked about making them apartments for a while. They said they wanted to get a classy restaurant in the retail space to anchor the retail, but I saw that a City Bites is going in. Oh well...

I guess they have made most of them apartments now, and there is a sign that says "luxury apartments for lease". BTW Metro , no one has moved in.

18. Default Re: Classen Tower

I know the owner, Joe Jungman (sp?), of Paseo Grill had looked at that space as a possibility for another restaurant...maybe it's still in the works?

And yeah, we saw the "now leasing" sign, too. We call it "the fishbowl" because you can see straight into those units when the light is right lol.
    Still corrupting young minds

Quote Originally Posted by bandnerd View Post
    I know the owner, Joe Jungman (sp?), of Paseo Grill had looked at that space as a possibility for another restaurant...maybe it's still in the works?

And yeah, we saw the "now leasing" sign, too. We call it "the fishbowl" because you can see straight into those units when the light is right lol.
    It is not in the works anymore, City Bites is going in.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    RSA, have you toured the Classen? It's going to be like living in a 4.5 - 5 star hotel with all the amenities it has. It's definitely first class. Not sure who or where the rumor came from that it was going to leases or apartments. I think you have your story mixed up with the Montgomery. The Classen never flip flopped like that and probably won't. I won't be surprised if they do end up putting a few lower level units up for rent though. I agree though I too wish it had both indoor and outdoor pool. The indoor pool is an Olympic lap pool if I remember right and has a lane with those jets that make you swim upstream.
    Just saw the "For Lease" signs today...

21. Default Re: Classen Tower

Sorry, thought maybe there was room for more than one eating establishment.

Quote Originally Posted by bandnerd View Post
    Sorry, thought maybe there was room for more than one eating establishment.
    No need to apologize.

The whole Classen project changed from the original presentaion I was given. Too bad, thought it was a great idea...

It's unfortunate, but The Classen has turned into a real disappointment. First, they overprice the units, and now that they aren't selling, they start leasing the units? Say what?

I guess you're still welcome to buy an overpriced condo if you want, you'll just be wasting your money considering half of the building or more will be leased units.

I can't say I didn't see this coming. I never thought the price point was feasible given the location.

24. Default Re: Classen Tower

Given the location and the tiny size of the units!

25. Default Re: Classen Tower

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    It's unfortunate, but The Classen has turned into a real disappointment. First, they overprice the units, and now that they aren't selling, they start leasing the units? Say what?

I guess you're still welcome to buy an overpriced condo if you want, you'll just be wasting your money considering half of the building or more will be leased units.

I can't say I didn't see this coming. I never thought the price point was feasible given the location.
    Why is it such a big deal that they are leased instead of for-sale????

Some people aren't in the market for buying a condo, and with the exception of Legacy Summit, everything coming up in downtown and midtown and bricktown is for sale. If there was more for lease options, I would be living down there right now.

Thread Information