Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: In-n-Out Burger

Default Re: In-n-Out Burger

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonk View Post
    I think the whole mystique around In-N-Out is that we don't have one here. I used to be the same way about missing Krispy Kreme donuts (the best ever) until we got one of those. I'm still that way about getting to drink a Cheerwine. Every time I go back "home" I have to bring a case or two back with me.
    I don't think it's because they're not here because you hear people rave about them even in the cities they're located in. My cousin lives in Phoenix & she loves In-N-Out.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesimpsons82 View Post
    Shake Shack puts In-N-Out to shame.
    Oh yes, I agree. Again, a different animal, however. Shake Shack is not a mass-market McDonald's-type place. It's a special hamburger joint. It's an institution. Again, In-n-Out is nowhere near the best, but it is very good for what it is.

I think the whole mystique around In-N-Out is that we don't have one here. I used to be the same way about missing Krispy Kreme donuts (the best ever) until we got one of those. I'm still that way about getting to drink a Cheerwine. Every time I go back "home" I have to bring a case or two back with me.
    No way to tell you are from North Carolina!

I wonder how In-n-Out is doing in Texas?

Bricktown Candy Co has Cheerwine, or at least they did a year ago last time I was in there.

Pop's has Cheerwine too...

7. Default Re: In-n-Out Burger

Quote Originally Posted by CaptDave View Post
    No way to tell you are from North Carolina!
    So glad you didn't besmirch my reputation as being from that other Carolina. I can't claim it as birthplace, but it's where I spent the majority of my youth, earlier around Fayetteville and then later near Charlotte. Lots of summers spent in Wilmington and Myrtle Beach. Great place to be a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomPaine View Post
    Pop's has Cheerwine too...
    I discovered this fact just this past summer. It was a nice surprise, but it's a bit pricey. Still, at least I can get my fix a little more conveniently when needed.

I was looking on their website Restaurant Locations - In-N-Out Burger just now and it seems they only have locations in Arizona, Nevada, California, Utah, and Texas. That would say to me, they're entering the biggest markets and slowly expanding outwards from them. Naturally, I would think Oklahoma is next up to be the next state to get one, unless of course, they decide to enter Florida or New York first. It just seems Oklahoma and New Mexico would likely be the next logical expansion for them and then perhaps Florida and Georgia; then they can work their way up the east coast.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I was looking on their website Restaurant Locations - In-N-Out Burger just now and it seems they only have locations in Arizona, Nevada, California, Utah, and Texas. That would say to me, they're entering the biggest markets and slowly expanding outwards from them. Naturally, I would think Oklahoma is next up to be the next state to get one, unless of course, they decide to enter Florida or New York first. It just seems Oklahoma and New Mexico would likely be the next logical expansion for them and then perhaps Florida and Georgia; then they can work their way up the east coast.
    It is somewhat shocking to me that any burger chain wouldn't put Oklahoma at the top of the list. We must ingest more burgers per capita than just about any other state.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    It is somewhat shocking to me that any burger chain wouldn't put Oklahoma at the top of the list. We must ingest more burgers per capita than just about any other state.
    Haha... that's true as well

They do not freeze anything and thus their expansion is tied to their warehouse/distribution locations. They do not open up anywhere that they are not within a certain distance of the distribution center. Once they opened a distribution center in DFW, that opened up that area. OKC is within the distance (I think it is 500 miles) but looking at Wiki, it appears they are moving south as they have opened stores last year in Austin. In 2014, they announced they have opened in San Antonio

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    They do not freeze anything and thus their expansion is tied to their warehouse/distribution locations. They do not open up anywhere that they are not within a certain distance of the distribution center. Once they opened a distribution center in DFW, that opened up that area. OKC is within the distance (I think it is 500 miles) but looking at Wiki, it appears they are moving south as they have opened stores last year in Austin. In 2014, they announced they have opened in San Antonio
    This is what I've always heard. I do think that the DFW facility will mean they eventually open up in OKC. Just might be later rather than sooner.

For the longest time, they serviced all the restaurants from one distribution center in Southern California, including far north Cali, about 500 miles away.

However, I'm not so sure they are going to expand rapidly in a bunch of different states. They are only in five: CA, AZ, NV, UT and now TX.

In fact, in Texas, they are only in DFW and a few locations in Austin.

The good news is that OKC is almost the exact same distance their new distribution center as Austin.

Two are under construction in San Antonio right now. Inside sources have said over a dozen will be built in the next two-three years in the SA metro area.

Just total ancedotal observations on my part.

I can't think In-n-Out corporate is too happy with the performance of their DFW stores. Every one I have driven past is usually empty. A big part of this is probably because they overbuilt them. And they have curtailed their growth considerably. By now they were supposed to be in all Big 4 Texas cities, and they haven't made it to Houston and only now opeing in SA.

Frankly I find them to be highly overrated...trust me you are not missing anything. It could just be the tastes in this part of the country are different.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Two are under construction in San Antonio right now. Inside sources have said over a dozen will be built in the next two-three years in the SA metro area.
    Are you sure? They are not listed on In-an-Out's "coming soon" page.

But if true, of course San Antonio is farther from their distribution center than OKC.

The company has said that there's a policy of only allowing new locations to be within 500 miles from the distribution center — with the very respectable claims of consistency and freshness and whatnot — but the Baldwin Park, CA facility supplies a branch all the way out in Centerville, Utah, 685 miles away.
    Since this was posted a few years ago, In-n-Out has opened facilities in Utah, NoCal, and Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by adaniel View Post

Frankly I find them to be highly overrated...trust me you are not missing anything. It could just be the tastes in this part of the country are different.
    I agree 100%. I tried them in Vegas several years, and was a little disappointed. When they opened up in DFW, decided to give them another go, and it didn't get close to wowing me. Burgers are decent for fast food burgers, but nothing that blew me away. Their infamous Animal Fries were a mess, and extremely overrated. I can't recall, but it did seem a little expensive for fast food as well.

In-n-Out can be an acquired taste.

Their burgers won't change your life, but for fast food they are extremely fresh with quality ingredients at a very inexpensive price.

By far the best fast food burger IMO and cheaper than almost all of them. Plus, the whole operation is run amazingly well with fantastic service.

If there is a better burger around for $2, I'd like to know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Are you sure? They are not listed on In-an-Out's "coming soon" page.

But if true, of course San Antonio is farther from their distribution center than OKC.
    Yes, very sure.

Here's my post in the San Antonio thread detailing In-N-Out's confirmation of entering the San Antonio market.

They've since demo'd a three story building in Windcrest where their restaurant will be built. At their Alamo Ranch location they have applied for all their permits.

^

Awesome.

Great news for SA and bodes well for OKC.

I sent an email asking for them to open an OKC location and received this response.

Dear Mr. Campbell Sadeghy:

Thank you for your e-mail. Our customers have made In-N-Out Burger® the Company it is today, and we sincerely appreciate hearing from you.

We would also like to thank you for your suggestion to open a location in the metro area of Oklahoma City, OK. We plan on expanding as far as we can, and particularly into areas in which our customers have expressed interest. As such, we are happy to let our Real Estate Department know that you are anxious to have an In-N-Out Burger® in your area!

Thank you again for contacting us.

Sincerely,

Kirsten

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

Awesome.

Great news for SA and bodes well for OKC.
    I know they've said their next market will be Houston, so for the immediate future they seem to be concentrating on Texas.

I sent an email asking for them to open an OKC location and received this response.
    It's a start. I'm sure you aren't the first and won't be the last, but sometimes seeing a trend will push them in the direction of seriously considering a store.

As much as I enjoy a good In-N-Out burger when we go to Dallas, has anyone ever tried Freddy's and gotten their california style sauce? It is not exactly like INO, but pretty darn close.

Thread Information