Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Hideaway Pizza

1. Default Re: New Hideaway on NWE

Papa Murphy's is also located in Edmond as stated above. Also, there is about to be a new store on Penn and Britton(2 months time or so) and there is one in Owasso and Broken Arrow in the Tulsa area. There will most likely be a second store in Edmond within the next year. I have heard some interesting details on how the new store could end up being quite unique, but my lips are shut for now. Either way if you have never had Papa Murphy's now is a great time to try it as a 14" Pepperoni is $6.99. But all the same, Hideaway wins for eat in.

Default Re: New Hideaway on NWE

I drove by today and noticed that all of the windows are gone and the entire place is gutted. I have not driven by in about a week so I assume that this work is fairly recent.

3. Default Re: New Hideaway on NWE

Yeah they did that last week. Completely gutted on the inside for sure. They didn't keep anything but the shell.

Default Hideaway Pizza - Western Ave.

Here is a link to some photo's of the renovation going on at the Hideaway Pizza on Western.

Hideaway Pizza's Photos - Western Face-Lift | Facebook

They're supposedly going to reopen on Friday.

Default Re: Hideaway Pizza - Western Ave.

Hard to see what the final thing might look like. I'll be there soon enough. That's my favorite in the OKC area.

I'm an employee there and am happy to see the changes. It's been quite the process. Pretty amazing to see a project that big happen in ten days. The finishing touches will come tonight and it will reopen tommorow. The layout will be somewhat similar...but *everything* looks different. I'll be going back there to help out for most of the night, and then work the split shift tommorow. Hope its busy, cause I gotta make up for the time we've been closed. They're having drawings for U2 tickets and free pizza for a year, through Saturday. Everyone come check it out soon!

Anybody remember Shipley's BBQ at N.W. 63rd & Western?

Nope, but I remember the Rocket Grocery!

9. Default Re: Hideaway Pizza - Western Ave.

The changes are good, the pizza is still awesome. Went Thursday.

I know. I recently had pizza supreme from a Hideaway recently. It was quite good.

Default Hideaway in Auto Alley?

I heard a rumor that Hideaway was looking to open a store on Broadway today...

Anyone know anything about this?

12. Default Re: Hideaway in Auto Alley?

Yes.... it's a rumor, not a done deal

13. Default Re: Hideaway in Auto Alley?

Sounds like Steve Mason to me. I've been wondering for a while what project he would pull off next. A Hideaway would help Coffee Slingers out.

14. Default Re: Hideaway in Auto Alley?

The one-story "DeskPlus" building would be a great restaurant, IMO. Next to the former IAO.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

15. Default Re: Hideaway in Auto Alley?

Would love to see a Hideaway in the downtown area.

Default Re: Hideaway in Auto Alley?

From what I understand, it's going into the former CD Warehouse location and they're hoping to have it open by next summer.

I also found out that one will be opening on Memorial Road near Mercy by next summer too.

Default Re: Hideaway in Auto Alley?

This is awesome! They were one of the first restaurants in the Cherry Street District in Tulsa that caused that area to explode! This is awesome news for Broadway, Midtown, and downtown! They will bring the people that retail needs!

18. Default Re: Hideaway in Auto Alley?

That's a possibility, but I don't think it's a done deal. As of a week ago, I'm told, they were still shopping. Also keep in mind this deal is, according to my sources, no further along than deals pursued for an ALDI grocery, a Braum's and a Dick Clark's Grandstand Cafe - all deals that never materialized. Let's hope this one happens - it would be great to see. But it's premature, from what I've heard, to start talking about it as if it's a real deal.

19. Default Re: Hideaway in Auto Alley?

From what it sounds like to me, everything I've heard, the Salyers are intent on having a more traffic-intensive use for the CD Warehouse bldg, and Hideaway is intent on putting a REAL restaurant somewhere downtown, and leaning towards somewhere not in Bricktown.

I hate to say it, but I think it is best for downtown if this deal doesn't pan out and both sides do something on their own. I would love to see the Salyers put something else in that bldg if it means that Hideaway will go into a different bldg as well, if that makes sense. Joining forces will ensure a higher shot at success, but with the Salyers and Hideaway I'm not worried about something being successful.

20. Default Re: Hideaway in Auto Alley?

Spartan, I'm not sure I'm following your logic on why it would be bad or less desirable for Hideaway to go into the CD Warehouse space.

21. Default Re: Hideaway in Auto Alley?

Because something will probably go into that space, it will be an active project whatever happens from the Hideaway deal, and it looks like Hideaway really wants downtown, too.

Therefor, why fill one building, when you can fill two?

22. Default Re: Hideaway in Auto Alley?

OK. Not sure I agree with the assumption on the space, but I see where you're coming from. I'm familiar with that space, and it's pretty deep ... seems like it would need a good stable restaurant, a sure thing, to make it work (CD Warehouse was a Salyer-owned placeholder)

23. Default Re: Hideaway in Auto Alley?

Well surely Hideaway isn't the only restaurant concept that is looking to come downtown. Hideaway will make a deal happen somewhere, they have name recognition and clout.

And soon enough there will probably be more Hideaways than Pizza Huts in OKC.

24. Default Re: Hideaway in Auto Alley?

Consider this Spartan - the CD Warehouse is a large deep space that will not be an easy launch for a start-up. It also has no parking lot. I disagree with your assumption this space will be an easy one to fill without a tenant like Hideaway.

25. Default Re: Hideaway in Auto Alley?

That may be true, but with the right concept, like The Iguana for example, you'll be wishing you had a lot more space.

I would imagine that most of the storefronts on A-Alley are pretty deep, since the buildings are fairly uniform.

Thread Information