Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Holy Earthquake, Batman!

Default Re: Holy Earthquake, Batman!

I'm in downtown Tulsa, and it felt like a good 6-8 seconds of mild shaking here. Enough to make things on my desk rattle.

2. Default Re: Holy Earthquake, Batman!

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    I didn't even feel it up here by Casady, I'm surprised people much further away are reporting it.
    Me too. I was at UCO and no one felt it here. We were in the middle of a design presentation so we all have to be super quiet, and nothing happened at 9:06. Iono, maybe it's because the class is slightly below ground. I want to experience a mild one.

DAMN!!!!!!! I was asleep! I really wanted to feel my first earthquake.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
    I am stunned about how far away it was felt. People from Dallas to Kansas City to Louisanna felt it enough to report it. For the record, I did not feel it here in Jax.
    Sorry you missed out on the fun, Kerry. USGS site shows some very far away reports...Denver, Tucson, Mobile, and now Myrtle Beach???

Quote Originally Posted by earlywinegareth View Post
    Sorry you missed out on the fun, Kerry. USGS site shows some very far away reports...Denver, Tucson, Mobile, and now Myrtle Beach???
    Screw it - maybe I did feel it. Yea - thats the ticket - I did feel it. Where is that link to report it? Do I win a prize for being the furthest away?

People feel what they want to feel. Sensationalism

I'm in Edmond, just north of Danforth, near 1-35 and I felt and heard it. I thought it was an explosion. I could see the walls shaking and the house was making some popping/cracking sounds. It sounded like a big truck rumbling by, but there was nothing there. I was walking around the house looking to see if could figure out what happened/if there was damage, when DH called from downtown to make sure everything was okay. He said he was sitting at a table in a breakfast meeting, when all the dishes on the table started rattling.

Quote Originally Posted by megax11 View Post
    Was on the phone with a friend who lives in Mustang and felt it.

I live around 59th and May, and my whole house shook. My bird went to ape ****. I was walking into the kitchen when it happened.

Why are quakes in Oklahoma getting worse and worse... Is this 2012 nonsense real or something?
    I live in the very same area and you are correct. It was worse than the one in March. Both of them, I was laying in bed and half awake but I could feel the difference in this one! It wasn't just my bed this time, it was the whole condo, lol!

People feel what they want to feel. Sensationalism
    That was the point of my last post. I am pretty sure no one in South Carolina or Arizona felt it if people much closer didn't.

I got a new roof after the May 16th hailstorm. Do I now get a new foundation?

11. Default Re: Holy Earthquake, Batman!

5.1? Was there any damage?

Was sleeping, so I did not feel it.

What was funny, the past few days, I had a feeling of bigger quake and I was really concern about all my aquariums. Good thing the epic center is in Norman.

12. Default Re: Holy Earthquake, Batman!

Apparently the most measurable damage from this morning's earthquake was the sudden stop in workplace productivity as Okie's turned their attention to social media and... "OMG did you feel that!"

13. Default Re: Holy Earthquake, Batman!

LOL, Brian that is so funny!

Quote Originally Posted by OKCTalker View Post
    I got a new roof after the May 16th hailstorm. Do I now get a new foundation?
    probably not considering hardly any Oklahoman's opt for earthquake insurance.

15. Default Re: Holy Earthquake, Batman!

Great - this will be the footage shown around the world of this mornings earthquake.... Would have been better if he'd been in a 'wife beater' t-shirt, holding a Bud Light and sitting in a double wide http://www.news9.com/Global/category...&partnerclipid

That video wasn't bad - what are you concerned about? Maybe if he wasn't wearing pants when he stood up you might have a valid concern.

I'm disappointed that Governor Henry did not declare a state of emergency. Anyone want to set up an Oklahoma Earthquake survivor fund?

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    Great - this will be the footage shown around the world of this mornings earthquake.... Would have been better if he'd been in a 'wife beater' t-shirt, holding a Bud Light and sitting in a double wide http://www.news9.com/Global/category...&partnerclipid
    Ahhhh. . . the irony.

19. Default Re: Holy Earthquake, Batman!

probably not considering hardly any Oklahoman's opt for earthquake insurance.
    I may reconsider ~ its only a 62/yr add-on to our insurance.

That video wasn't bad - what are you concerned about?
    Ummm, okay.

20. Default Re: Holy Earthquake, Batman!

http://newsok.com/article/3504098

Someone almost died. :-/

So who is the guy picking in the Kansas State v Kansas game? I need to know!!

I guessing this guys pick was gold and I was ready to bet the house, earthquake messed that up.

This guy probably was just as you described Brian.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/7244998.html

"James Baxter, who lives in nearby Pottawatomie County was sitting in a recliner when his trailer started shaking.

"The stuff on the wall shook. The dogs took off barking," Baxter said. "I thought the world was coming to an end, to be honest. It was pretty trippy."

I didn't even feel it up here by Casady, I'm surprised people much further away are reporting it.
    It was very noticeable on the 2nd floor of a bldg in DT Norman, but just a bit more than a mile away, my spouse was outdoors at the time and she dinna feel anything nor did she hear anything. I dunno why stuff like that happens.

I work near 122nd and Kelly just south of the turnpike and felt a little rumble . . . nothing major though.

I was on the 2nd floor of a building in NW Moore (around 4th street and Santa Fe). Felt the initial tremor, which felt like something big dropping on the floor in the room next to me. We didn't take notice, the building definitely did shake. But there has been ongoing repairs on the roof, so we initially thought it was related to that. A few minutes later everyone was getting texts about earthquakes. Pretty interesting!

It is also exactly 800 days until the end of the Mayan Calender (12Dec2012). Coincidence, but interesting none-the-less.

Thread Information