Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 OKC Mayoral Race

Default Re: 2022 OKC Mayoral Race

Mayor of OKC just seems like an odd office to run for on a far right platform. With the council-manager government OKC has the mayor is basically a nonpartisan PR person for the city. The main job of the mayor is to simply not embarrass the city on a national stage. Seems like a simple but nearly impossible job for a MAGA candidate.

Jimmy Lawson will be at Red Cup Tuesday 9 AM if you would like to meet him.

Holt seems like he's very good at the photo op game and 1okc shtick, but i don't think i'll ever fully trust a disciple of Hastert and Bush. Those were very bad guys, from what I can recall.

Blog Entries

Mayor David Holt will continue to get my vote. He's true to heart and has ideas and focuses on what is in the best interests of Oklahoma City. Love his energy,

Carol kicked off her campaign by deriding the use of masks and vaccines in a strange rant before the Council, in which she stated that the vaccines are more dangerous than Covid and that her husband advocates using dog dewormer as a Covid treatment . Seems like quite a tiny niche of weird voters she is trying to attract. I would bet Holt gets 70% or more of the vote.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Carol kicked off her campaign by deriding the use of masks and vaccines in a strange rant before the Council, in which she stated that the vaccines are more dangerous than Covid and that her husband advocates using dog dewormer as a Covid treatment . Seems like quite a tiny niche of weird voters she is trying to attract. I would bet Holt gets 70% or more of the vote.
    She was also spotted with Roger Stone (yes, that Roger Stone) last night. Yeesh.... Hopefully the low turnout nature of mayoral elections and people assuming Holt has it in the bag don't cause some sort of upset...

HangryHippo Guest

But she’s nice! lulz

The presence of Stone does not portend well for OKC for this race. He is the prince of gutterball dirty tricks campaigning and, had he not been pardoned, would otherwise be in prison right now. This is a very nefarious and toxic development.

The presence of Stone does not portend well for OKC for this race. He is the prince of gutterball dirty tricks campaigning and, had he not been pardoned, would otherwise be in prison right now. This is a very nefarious and toxic development.
    I just don't see a man of Stone's talents wasting his time on a race that is very much already in Holt's win column. Much more likely that he was checking out the pink fries at Spark.

He was there with Holt's opponent. Why would that not be relevant?

Stone has come out in support of Jackson Lahmeyer who is running against Lankford.

The Hefners are very involved with the Oklahoma Republican party; Carol was co-chair of Trump's presidential campaign in Oklahoma.

https://tulsaworld.com/news/state-an...b295227a4.html

HangryHippo Guest

Lahmeyer is dangerously stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Stone has come out in support of Jackson Lahmeyer who is running against Lankford.

The Hefners are very involved with the Oklahoma Republican party; Carol was co-chair of Trump's presidential campaign in Oklahoma.

https://tulsaworld.com/news/state-an...b295227a4.html
    I'm aware of all of that. My response was to April's comment. Hefner is running for mayor and she was having dinner with Roger Stone. Hopefully it was just a cordial meeting and she will not be employing his brand of politics in the race. That would be bad for OKC in every conceivable way beyond her expected batty campaign messaging.

I also saw yesterday where the other mayoral candidate Urbanic hosted an anti-public transit rally in front of EMBARK HQ referencing saving our tax dollars. Someone may want to inform him that we receive almost all of our transit funding from the federal government.

I'm aware of all of that. My response was to April's comment. Hefner is running for mayor and she was having dinner with Roger Stone. Hopefully it was just a cordial meeting and she will not be employing his brand of politics in the race. That would be bad for OKC in every conceivable way beyond her expected batty campaign messaging.
    Why would Hefner *not* use Stone's brand of politics, she's been part of it for years now, hasn't she?

As far as Urbanic and anti-public transit, isn't he one of the facts-don't-matter crowd (kind of like Hefner, Stone, Agent Orange, ad infinitum and nauseum)?

My point is that the meeting was likely about GOP elections and fundraising in the state, not Carol's candidacy for mayor.

My point is that the meeting was likely about GOP elections and fundraising in the state, not Carol's candidacy for mayor.
    Gotcha. One can hope.

I don't believe that for an instant, it ignores the focus certain elements like Stone have made on small scale races in recent times. A right-wing mayor in a major city like OKC would be a solid get for that wing of the GOP.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I don't believe that for an instant, it ignores the focus certain elements like Stone have made on small scale races in recent times. A right-wing mayor in a major city like OKC would be a solid get for that wing of the GOP.
    100% this.

Maybe. If the whole city council was taken over by Roger Stone people. They could use all of the MAPS 4 money to erect a 900 foot Richard Nixon statue.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Except that the mayor's race won't be anywhere close to competitive.

They are much more focused on ousting Lankford for perceived slights against Trump.

I'm sure Stone is trying to tap into the OKC oil barons.

22. Default Re: 2022 OKC Mayoral Race

Lankford isn't going anywhere.

Except that the mayor's race won't be anywhere close to competitive.

They are much more focused on ousting Lankford for perceived slights against Trump.

I'm sure Stone is trying to tap into the OKC oil barons.
    I cant imagine either the mayor or senate race being competitive at all. Carol has about a 2% chance and Lahmeyer might have about a 3% chance. Just trying to make a name for themselves while maybe pulling the incumbents a little to the right. It definitely has pulled Lankford to the right.

It is crazy though that someone would even want to meet with the human version of a batman villain that is Stone. The guy is certifiably nuts.

24. Default Re: 2022 OKC Mayoral Race

^I mean, look who is meeting with him?

All of this is scary, starting with the local people.

Thread Information