Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Candy Factory

Default Re: Candy Factory

Quote Originally Posted by Hemingstein View Post
    Is there a story behind Exhibit C as their name? Seems like a poor choice.
    Just a guess, but does the 'C' stand for Chickasaw ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hemingstein View Post
    Is there a story behind Exhibit C as their name? Seems like a poor choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Just a guess, but does the 'C' stand for Chickasaw ?
    Yeah the obvious guess is C for Chickasaw; not a poor choice in my mind, a smart play for an urban crowd.

Blog Entries

I think it helps that this is on Sheridan and near the banjo museum. With the right window display/signage they might be able to pull some of those folks in to take a look. Maybe they could cross market with Melting Pot. You know with some coupons or something for a discount if they wander across the street for some chocolate after their "meal".

^

They open on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    I think it helps that this is on Sheridan and near the banjo museum. With the right window display/signage they might be able to pull some of those folks in to take a look. Maybe they could cross market with Melting Pot. You know with some coupons or something for a discount if they wander across the street for some chocolate after their "meal".
    Don't think that would work well, Melting Pot after all has chocolate dessert fondue, etc. why would they want to give up revenue? A better idea would be to use the Chickasaw owned Bedre chocolate for their dessert fondues. A win-win.

Can someone please go by Exhibit C today (or sooner) and take some interior photos?

Should be very nice space.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    How do they (Cocoflow) do? I have been twice and it was deserted, no pun intended
    Poking around trying to find Exhibit C's website (yeah, shoulda known better) to see about the chocolates they're going to sell, ran across this post, thought I'd answer since I asked them the same thing when we were in there a while back (after KD's and the Banjo Museum). They really don't have much business, they said, they're open late, don't get many customers during the late hours, not sure how they're staying in business. I personally am not fond of their chocolates, they are nowhere near flavored enough (overwhelming response to any of their chocolates/truffles (we bought about a dozen or so different kinds/flavors) was "what flavor was this?") and their mint truffle is just weird - spearmint instead of peppermint and spearmint doesn't complement chocolate very well. I miss Marshall Field's basement retail chocoholic heaven...

On edit, just saw Bedre's line of items, bummed out now, thought they'd be more than just a Russell Stover's competitor.

Bedre is owned by the Chickasaws.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Poking around trying to find Exhibit C's website (yeah, shoulda known better) to see about the chocolates they're going to sell, ran across this post, thought I'd answer since I asked them the same thing when we were in there a while back (after KD's and the Banjo Museum). They really don't have much business, they said, they're open late, don't get many customers during the late hours, not sure how they're staying in business. I personally am not fond of their chocolates, they are nowhere near flavored enough (overwhelming response to any of their chocolates/truffles (we bought about a dozen or so different kinds/flavors) was "what flavor was this?") and their mint truffle is just weird - spearmint instead of peppermint and spearmint doesn't complement chocolate very well. I miss Marshall Field's basement retail chocoholic heaven...

On edit, just saw Bedre's line of items, bummed out now, thought they'd be more than just a Russell Stover's competitor.
    Well you should check out CocoaFlow, the gourmet chocolate store in Bricktown in the Midecke building. Good stuff. Not a huge selection but high quality.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorTaco View Post
    Well you should check out CocoaFlow, the gourmet chocolate store in Bricktown in the Midecke building. Good stuff. Not a huge selection but high quality.
    Um, I did, they underwhelmed me, it's in the post you quoted, sorry, it might not've been totally clear.

Will be getting new signage:

Thread Information