Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: OKC Retail Update

Default Re: OKC Retail Update

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    ...at some point they are going to have to level LB and try again...
    I wish you'd mail me some of those fantasy pills you're taking there amigo.

I didn't think I implied this was meant for Lower Bricktown. However, at some point they are going to have to level LB and try again.
    Nah. With the exception of Falcone's, most everything else is making a air piece of change. And Fuzzy's might kill in that corner spot with the movie foot traffic alone.

LB is doing great because they don't have any competition yet. That will change as more people move to Deep Deuce and Midtown. At that point retail/entertainment will follow rooftops. LB was a cart before the horse situation which is why it had to be built by the city for the most part.

Lower Bricktown is a disaster from a planning standpoint. It would be halfway acceptable if the Blvd. didn't run right next to it, because the storefronts would at least face the canal. Now surface parking and the backs of buildings face the Boulevard. Hopefully something major happens to improve this.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Lower Bricktown is a disaster from a planning standpoint. It would be halfway acceptable if the Blvd. didn't run right next to it, because the storefronts would at least face the canal. Now surface parking and the backs of buildings face the Boulevard. Hopefully something major happens to improve this.
    Demolition? Tornado?

You don't think the back of a movie theater or the side of Bass Pro facing the iconic OKC Boulevard is a great idea? Don't worry, the huge parking lots will draw your attention away from it.

You don't think the back of a movie theater or the side of Bass Pro facing the iconic OKC Boulevard is a great idea? Don't worry, the huge parking lots will draw your attention away from it.
    Sarcasm is my favorite language.

Quote Originally Posted by MDot View Post
    Sarcasm is my favorite language.
    And that is Kerry's native tongue. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    And that is Kerry's native tongue. LOL
    Haha, I'm starting to understand him more and more. =)

Quote Originally Posted by MDot View Post
    Haha, I'm starting to understand him more and more. =)
    Don't say that, MDot. I'll really start to worry about you then.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    Don't say that, MDot. I'll really start to worry about you then.
    I was only kidding. LOL

the blvd won't be "at grade" next to bass pro anyway ... and oklahoma will be the first chance to exit from the blvd into bricktown

13. Default Re: OKC Retail Update

The sad thing is that may be the closest thing to mixed-use development lining any part of the new Oklahoma City Boulevard.

In fact I would even say it's 80% likely. That's being optimistic, because it will probably take some serious tectonic shifting at this point to move the convention center to another site, which is certainly less than a 20% probability despite the ongoing earthquake swarm.

It looks like the Conn's in Edmond is slated for closure along with two in Dallas, one in Houston and one in San Antonio.

San Antonio Business Journal - Conn’s to close San Antonio location as part of store-closing plan

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    It looks like the Conn's in Edmond is slated for closure along with two in Dallas, one in Houston and one in San Antonio.

San Antonio Business Journal - Conn’s to close San Antonio location as part of store-closing plan
    This is not surprising at all. To me, Conn's is a strange store. I was surprised when they opened the store in Edmond to begin with. There was one near our house in Houston. While I did purchase a very low end freezer to put in our garage from them, I never liked that store and only went there a couple of times. It was so low end, it lasted only 3 years!

When they opened the store here I checked it out. It was no different than the store in Houston. It seemed that most of the stuff they sold was pretty low end and a bit overpriced compared to other stores selling comparable or better merchandise. I also just found the store layout and merchandising to be really weird. Even though we drive by that store all the time, it never even comes on our radar when we area shopping.

This article says Costco is looking at OKC, but not yet committed.

Also:

Others retailer looking at Oklahoma City include The Container Store, Trader Joe’s, Lululemon, Fresh Market and Von Maur.

“Who isn’t coming anytime soon? Let’s put Ikea at the top of this list,” Price Edwards said. Others not looking here include Crate & Barrel, Lifetime Fitness, Nordstrom “and pretty much any tenant from Italy or France,” the firm said.
    Read more: http://newsok.com/oklahoma-city-reta...#ixzz22t4whp3O

17. Default Re: OKC Retail Update

I was seriously hoping Costco could play a role in getting us modern liquor laws sooner rather than later...

I think Cost Plus World Market needs to come to Oklahoma City.

If you didn't see it, looks like Lululemon is coming to 712 N. Broadway in Auto Alley, as one of our posters spotted a sign going up there.

http://shop.lululemon.com/home.jsp

http://www.facebook.com/lululemonoklahomacity

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    If you didn't see it, looks like Lululemon is coming to 712 N. Broadway in Auto Alley, as one of our posters spotted a sign going up there.

http://shop.lululemon.com/home.jsp

http://www.facebook.com/lululemonoklahomacity

If true, this may be looked back on as a seminal moment in landing national retailers downtown.

Wow. I agree with mcca. This surprises me; I know a lot of women in St. Louis that love this store, and it is situated in the fanciest of the suburban malls. I would have thought if it were to come to OKC it would have been a natural Classen Curve tenant. Really interesting if they locate downtown. This could be a big deal, as I would imagine other upscale chains would take notice.

Finally some solid, national retail on AA

Great news, although. Wish our first national retailer would have had a broader appeal and not an extremely niche market.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Great news, although. Wish our first national retailer would have had a broader appeal and not an extremely niche market.
    In a lot of ways though, that makes it all the more impressive and gives more of a confidence boost to other national retailers if Lululemon succeeds.

25. Default Re: OKC Retail Update

If the Lululemon news is true, I would not be surprised to see an American Apparel follow soon. Automobile Alley is precisely the type of area they look at.

Thread Information