Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: September 2024 - General Weather Discussion

1. Default Re: September 2024 - General Weather Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by C_M_25 View Post
    This has been one of the driest Septembers that I can remember. We really need some rain or we’re going to have an awful fire season.
    Second driest in the last 100 years! https://x.com/okmesonet/status/1836404385641017802

2. Default Re: September 2024 - General Weather Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Let's face it weather technology still has a long ways to go. Weather forecasts are not any more accurate than they were 20 years ago.
    I don't think it's weather technology. It's Mother Nature. Systems can be exactly the same moving exactly the same way a few days out and just change drastically. The naming of Mother Nature and the reputation for women changing their minds constantly is probably on purpose.

Default Re: September 2024 - General Weather Discussion

Let's face it weather technology still has a long ways to go. Weather forecasts are not any more accurate than they were 20 years ago.
    It's not technology, it's just nature. The butterfly effect has a lot to do with it.

Upper 70's for highs next week. I would be really excited about this but I think I would rather have rain the cooler temps at this point.

HRRR trying to develop some showers and thunderstorms across northern OK later tonight. If anything develops it will likely turn severe

We need rain so bad. Ugh!!

Storms firing north of OKC! Slight chance these backbuild into the metro.

Storm chances looking better for Sunday night. Extremely hot this weekend - could break some heat records with temps around 100.

Glad to see OKC's going to get missed again. I think BG is actually a curse.

Bg?

Bg?
    Haha, I'm giving BG918 a hard time. Every time he says it might rain in OKC, it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by bison34 View Post
    Haha, I'm giving BG918 a hard time. Every time he says it might rain in OKC, it doesn't.
    Well the key word is “might” rain The cap was too strong across central OK and storms couldn’t backbuild south. Northern OK and the Tulsa area had some decent rain though.

Well the key word is “might” rain The cap was too strong across central OK and storms couldn’t backbuild south. Northern OK and the Tulsa area had some decent rain though.
    Pawnee, northeast of Stillwater, got hardest hit Thursday night. A severe thunderstorm went through there with winds up to 75 mph. One person got killed, possibly while in a travel trailer. Pawnee public schools closed Friday. Pawnee got the heaviest rain at 2.22". What little back building there was didn't affect Stillwater.

The tropical storm next week will determine everything coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    The tropical storm next week will determine everything coming up.
    In what way? If it goes east, what do we expect to happen? What if it fizzles? Goes west?

The temps are going to be quite a bit cooler next week, so I suspect a nice ridge in place to push that thing further east or possibly shear it to nothingness.

In what way? If it goes east, what do we expect to happen? What if it fizzles? Goes west?

The temps are going to be quite a bit cooler next week, so I suspect a nice ridge in place to push that thing further east or possibly shear it to nothingness.
    The possible tropical system would be in play after the high pressure behind the front shifts east. If it moves far enough and quick enough it could bring the system north through Texas. Lots of variables in the models so not really even worth seriously discussing until mid-next week

In the short term there is a good chance of rain/storms from the cold front statewide Sunday afternoon and evening. This will bring Near-perfect weather for several days next week

Not getting my hopes up about Sunday. Payne is going 100 percent but drought leads to more Drought. Looking at the latest Nam model it fires storm right along I-44. It's very possible West Metro misses out. GFS has the Hurricane hitting Mississippi and then moves it west into N texas. HUM

RAIN IS COMING. However some computer models don't have much rain coming. Some do.

HRRR coming in hot with .06 rain for the metro. SMH Looks like might be one of those deals like last cold front when looks look good out west than die off when it get close to the metro and than reforms east of the metro.

Yeah it’s just so dry that anything that gets close to central ok just dries out. It’s weird that NW Oklahoma has been the center of all the rain and storms this year. Granted, they tend to need it more than us. However, we really really need rain. It’s insane how dry it is for September

Great rains for the southern metro! Been pouring near Tinker for 30 minutes now.

Most areas should pick up decent rain today. Rain chances continue later this week as a cut off low could impact the area.

Most areas should pick up decent rain today. Rain chances continue later this week as a cut off low could impact the area.
    No more posting about rain from you. Just post about other things and maybe we’ll continue to get water. lol

Glad lots got good rain. We’re up north and the storms split around us both times today. Sad days.

I have about 1/2 inch over by Lake Overholster while the Airport is up too almost 2 inches. I'll still take it though

Well South OKC/ Moore received a bunch of rain today.

Thread Information