Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Luxury Car Dealers in OKC

Default Re: Luxury Car Dealers in OKC

Looks like Bob Moore's new Audi building is opening July 25. Looks like most of the other updated Audi dealers, but very much an improvement over their current space!

Not sure I would classify Audi as a luxury or exotic car they are nice though.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Not sure I would classify Audi as a luxury or exotic car they are nice though.
    Haha Audi is definitely a luxury car.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    I know you never want to buy a used one....or infinite for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by OKIEDOKE View Post
    I know you never want to buy a used one....or infinite for that matter.
    Can't speak to Audi, but my past two cars have been pre-owned Infinity's. Bought at around 30k miles. Drove first one to over 130k and the second is about to roll over to 105k.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    Rolls Royce, Bently, Maserati, etc. those are luxury car lines. Audi is not one. An Audi A3 is not a luxury car Maybe by Oklahoma standards. I'm kidding. . .I'm kidding

They do make luxury car models such as the A8L as well as sports models. Ford makes the Ford GT, but that doesn't make them a exotic car company like Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by foodiefan View Post
    Can't speak to Audi, but my past two cars have been pre-owned Infinity's. Bought at around 30k miles. Drove first one to over 130k and the second is about to roll over to 105k.
    Infinity = Nissan Not Luxury

Lexus = Toyota Not Luxury

Audi = Luxury in upper models

Quote Originally Posted by dcsooner View Post
    Infinity = Nissan Not Luxury

Lexus = Toyota Not Luxury

Audi = Volkswagen Not Luxury
    fixed it for you. -M

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    fixed it for you. -M

fixed it for you. -M
    Did not know that, so thank you for fixing it up. Was considering an Audi, not now

Quote Originally Posted by poe View Post
    Looks like Bob Moore's new Audi building is opening July 25. Looks like most of the other updated Audi dealers, but very much an improvement over their current space!
    Yes, getting ready to open the new Audi dealership.

They will also soon be starting on a brand new Infiniti facility.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Yes, getting ready to open the new Audi dealership.

They will also soon be starting on a brand new Infiniti facility.
    Good to know! Thanks, Pete!

Quote Originally Posted by poe View Post
    Good to know! Thanks, Pete!
    Thanks for reporting about that! I hope I didn't come off as a dick. That wasn't my intention. I'm a huge car guy so that's why I commented on it :P I'm glad to see Bob Moore dealership investing in their stores!

Thanks for reporting about that! I hope I didn't come off as a dick. That wasn't my intention. I'm a huge car guy so that's why I commented on it :P I'm glad to see Bob Moore dealership investing in their stores!
    ^^^ Neither did I. I think it just depends what you consider "luxury". If BMW, Mercedes, etc. fall into that category, then Audi does as well and vice versa.

BTW, I'm a huge Audi fan.

Similar engineering and driving dynamics as BMW but much better interiors IMO. I've had a couple of them and liked them much better than the one BMW I owned.

I've got my eye on the new A5 or possibly the A5 liftback due later this year.

fixed it for you. -M
    Volkswagon also owns Bugatti, BMW owns Rollys Royce, and Fiat-Chrysler owns Ferrari. Those car brands are luxury. Infinite, Audi, Lexus. . . those are all high line brands that do offer some luxury models but are not luxury car brands.

Lexus LFA is a high performance sports car, but that doesn't make Lexus an exotic car company even though the LFA is one. BMW's, Audi's, Mercedes's are common place in Germany as you would expect being that is where they are HQ'd and mostly built even though a lot of BMW's are now built in Tennessee. Toyota, Volkswagen, Nissan etc. will offer some luxury car models in their high-line brands to compete with the higher end Mercedes and BMW's, but not Rolls Royce.

Mercedes offers a direct competitor to the Rolls Royce and it's the S600 Maybach. Infinite and Lexus don't offer anything close to that and BMW offers the Alpina every now and then which they are coming out with a new one and it is more performance geared than anything. Porsche offers the Panamera Exec. which might be something they are shooting for in that regard.

Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Gumpert, Pagani ect. are all hypercars. Ferrari is not though they make the La Ferrari and same to McLaren with the P1 and P1 GTR. Lamborghini Veneno, Aston Martin One-77, and a few others models are hypercars though they belong to exotic, high performance, sports car companies. Reventon and Sesto Elemanto are a few unique cars that Lambo makes that can be classified either way. Chrysler even made a hypercar at one point called the ME Four Twelve which I wished they would have made.

But I'm sorry to say, anyone who thinks BMW, Mercedes, Audi, etc. is a luxury car, is sadly mistaken. There is nothing luxurious about any of those cars with exception of a few models. They are standard cars in many cities, just viewed as imports which a lot of people I guess view as luxurious because many American car companies flat out suck. The only American car companies I like right now is Ford and Cadillac. I wish the others would get their sh!t together because they used to make great cars. I believe they can do it again.

Honestly, a few models outside of Ford and Cadillac I really like is the Corvette, Dart, Colorado, Impala, Chevy SS(they are getting rid of it :'''( ...), and a few Buick's which I wish they'd bring back the La Sabre.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    BTW, I'm a huge Audi fan.

Similar engineering and driving dynamics as BMW but much better interiors IMO. I've had a couple of them and liked them much better than the one BMW I owned.

I've got my eye on the new A5 or possibly the A5 liftback due later this year.
    BMW interiors have greatly increased! Make sure you go back and look as a lot of German car companies have updated their interiors in many ways and are in heavy competition right now to do so.

18. Default Re: Luxury Car Dealers in OKC

I would say Audi, BMW and Infinity are entry level luxury cars. If the car costs over $100,000 it is ultra luxury such as Rolls-Royce or Bentley.

I would also say that their are levels of "luxury cars". In the end it is just a marketing term.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    I would say Audi, BMW and Infinity are entry level luxury cars. If the car costs over $100,000 it is ultra luxury such as Rolls-Royce or Bentley.

I would also say that their are levels of "luxury cars". In the end it is just a marketing term.
    100k for a car is nothing. Rolls Royce models start in the mid 220s and go on to 800k. I think even the new Cadillac Escalades start at 100k or right under. Audi A8L will go to 150k. I don't disagree however that there are levels to luxury cars, but a BMW 1,2,3,4, or even 5 series are not luxury cars :P

100k for a car is nothing. Rolls Royce models start in the mid 220s and go on to 800k. I think even the new Cadillac Escalades start at 100k or right under. Audi A8L will go to 150k. I don't disagree however that there are levels to luxury cars, but a BMW 1,2,3,4, or even 5 series are not luxury cars :P
    What is your definition of luxury?

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    What is your definition of luxury?
    I already said ��

I already said 
    So the title to this thread is moot as there are no luxury car dealers in Oklahoma.

Maserati could be considered as such. I also believe Bentley or Aston Martin will enter the OKC market soon.

I already said ��
    Where? Not trying to be a dick or anything, I am just curious about your definition of luxury. Price point? Features? Accessibility?

your definition of "luxury" is considered "ultimate luxury" by most of the authorities in the car review game. US News, Car and Driver, and Consumer Reports would all classify any one of the BMWs you listed as "luxury" cars. That's because they are.

Thread Information