Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another COX rate increase!??

1. Default Re: Another COX rate increase!??

Quote Originally Posted by pw405 View Post
    How does their home security compare to other providers? Do you have to have their phone service to use home security? $240/mo is a car payment.
    Home security is on par with others in the area and I currently pay $40/mo for that service. I believe Cox's home security is IP based so no need for a home phone (don't hold me to that). And yes, this bill is getting out of hand. Unfortunately, without having Uverse in my neighborhood (east Moore) I am basically SOL.

Default Re: Another COX rate increase!??

Has anyone tried to call multiple CSR's and get a different response?

Default Re: Another COX rate increase!??

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Has anyone tried to call multiple CSR's and get a different response?
    Absolutely.

Was on the phone with one a few months back and she contentiously argued with me for at least half hour. She finally hung up on *me*, if you can believe that. Called again, pressed the "are you calling about what you called before" button, got a different retention person, and he made me an offer on the spot for 20% off TV and internet. I wasn't on the phone with him 5 minutes. And when this rate increase came through, I didn't even have to go to retention - the first lady I spoke with said "I can reconfigure this and get you at least some better deal under the new rates." She knocked down the rate increase from what would have been about $23/month to about $6 IIRC.

Thread Information