Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 1234567853 ... LastLast

Thread: OnCue OKC Expansion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Most of the ones I see only offer 85% to 90% no 100%

I like QT's, but good grief. Take a chill pill. They're cool, but nothing to have an orgasm over. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by 1972ford View Post
    Most of the ones I see only offer 85% to 90% no 100%
    few years back, very true. Some older stations, may still be true. But several (all?) built in the last year or two have no ethanol in three grades and then have an ethanol option as well. It's the only reason I sometimes buy gas at the new one at Robinson & Flood. Well, that they have it and that it was way below the other 100% gas places (though others have come a bit closer to being in line as well)

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    few years back, very true. Some older stations, may still be true. But several (all?) built in the last year or two have no ethanol in three grades and then have an ethanol option as well. It's the only reason I sometimes buy gas at the new one at Robinson & Flood. Well, that they have it and that it was way below the other 100% gas places (though others have come a bit closer to being in line as well)
    I have seen a lot of 7-11's around the city that have been converted over to include both. Especially in the nicer parts of the city.

7-11 could use a little bigger lot. The ones on NW Highway and Independence as well as at NW 50th and MacArthur seem to be particularly small. Hey at least you guys have a clean 7-11 to go to. Out in El Reno most of the gas/convenience stores are old and dirty. Yes, I said clean 7-11. You want to see a dirty gas/convenience store go out to El Reno. Yes QT's are nicer but I ain't complaining about 7-11. I would love to have one out in El Reno. If an OnCue came to El Reno I think my dad would smile for a week straight. He loves the cheap hot dogs.

7-11 is embarking on a mission to upgrade their new stores and remodel many of their existing ones in order to compete with OnCue's gradual onslaught on OKC. They are planning to do some upgrades in terms of design, finishes, and overall branding, somewhat along the lines of QT and OnCue. I will believe it when I see it.....

THere is a 7-11 out in Canadian County; I believe its at Yukon Pkwy and Mustang Rd; and its all re-done and competes with OnCue. In fact, I think it has some things you cannot get at OnCue; stuff I could take home and cook, or eat on the go.

THere is a 7-11 out in Canadian County; I believe its at Yukon Pkwy and Mustang Rd; and its all re-done and competes with OnCue. In fact, I think it has some things you cannot get at OnCue
    The one at Yukon Pkwy and NW 10th is only like a year or two old, the one at Mustang road and SW 15th is only a few years older than that one. I don't think either have been modified from there original plan, they were just built off newer plans.

They did build a newer version at Vandament (23rd) and Holly and close the old one (after removing the old gas tanks & pumps) that was at that same intersection.

I think if 7-11 is going to compete we will see it when they build on the land they purchased at the SW corner of MacArthur and NW Expressway. That is a prime location and is near On Cue.

Im happy about there expansion. Being from tulsa i've been sick and tired of 7-11's since i got here. No matter what side of town you go into one at its like stepping back in time to dirty, cluttered, 3rd world country with crappy employees.

Any time i visit qt in tulsa if 1 cashier is ringing someone up and i walk up another cashier will literally stop stocking and jog over to help check me out. 7-11 would have the other person there on there phone trying to score some drugs or reading a news paper.

Man, I don't know what all this bashing is about 7-11. It is not that bad. There are actually very nice ones out there. The new ones are especially nice and the older ones I've been to aren't horrible. There are a few out there that are pretty bad, but that goes with almost anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Man, I don't know what all this bashing is about 7-11. It is not that bad. There actually very nice ones out there. The new ones are especially nice and the older ones I've been to aren't horrible. There are a few out there that are pretty bad, but that goes with almost anything.
    Agree...New ones are popping up all over time and they are nice...Love the switch to no ethanol as well

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamTell View Post
    Im happy about there expansion. Being from tulsa i've been sick and tired of 7-11's since i got here. No matter what side of town you go into one at its like stepping back in time to dirty, cluttered, 3rd world country with crappy employees.
    Couldn't agree more. Maybe it's just where I live, but disinterested employees, lack of basic cleanliness and amenities, the list goes on. Haven't gone to one in ages since on-cue came to town.

The 7-11 I went to was at Yukon Pkway and NW 10th, then. That sounds about right.

I guess I'm just fortunate or blessed or something. Even in older dinkier stores, I find decent smiles and courteous folk at the 7/11 most anytime I stop.

I can think of one that isn't really like that, but it's only on a certain shift, and well, I don't think that person would be all that cordial if working elsewhere.
    The employee often reminds me of something I once heard ... some folk drink lemonade, some drink coffee, some drink pickle juice.

7-11 employees are just as nice as those at other stores. I have never encountered a pissy 7-11 employee anywhere. I have encountered a 7-11 employee who just didn't say anything other than the total (and that employee was very busy) but not one has ever shown a particularly bad attitude. Ever think it may not be the employee with the bad attitude?

Quote Originally Posted by OKCNDN View Post
    7-11 employees are just as nice as those at other stores. I have never encountered a pissy 7-11 employee anywhere. I have encountered a 7-11 employee who just didn't say anything other than the total (and that employee was very busy) but not one has ever shown a particularly bad attitude. Ever think it may not be the employee with the bad attitude?
    I disagree. 7/11 employees are fine, but QT employees go out of their way to make your experience better. It's part of the QT culture, like Chick-fil-A. And employees do it because they have better benefits. It's just a far better run business that reflects in everything from friendliness to product quality to cleanliness.

Not sure but I was driving near 23rd and council last week and i want to say I saw a new 7-11 being built that looked pretty huge. Maybe 20+ pump lanes. Looked like the size to compete with an OnCue.

Never would have thought that people care so much about gas stations.

I guess there is a reason why Oklahoma is one of the unhealthiest states in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Never would have thought that people care so much about gas stations.

I guess there is a reason why Oklahoma is one of the unhealthiest states in the country.
    When you drive a lot, as I used to for work, you start to value a nice gas station. As a practical matter, it's a lot nicer to drop a deuce in an On Cue or a QT than it is at the various 7-11's.

Quote Originally Posted by NoOkie View Post
    When you drive a lot, as I used to for work, you start to value a nice gas station. As a practical matter, it's a lot nicer to drop a deuce in an On Cue or a QT than it is at the various 7-11's.
    Well when you frame it like that, you probably have a good point.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Well when you frame it like that, you probably have a good point.

I rest my case.

Quote Originally Posted by nookie View Post

i rest my case.
    yes!

Quote Originally Posted by NoOkie View Post
    It's similar to the situation with all of the low-end grocery stores around here. It's like people just don't realize how much nicer things can be (and often are elsewhere). On the East coast, I like Wawa: Wawa - Home Page

I am happy OnCue finally opened up in Norman. It's nice to have a gas station that is nicer than any other gas station in town (but similar to what you can find elsewhere). Yes, it's a gas station . . . yes, it's a grocery store . . . but we can do better than what we have, and we should expect better.

Quote Originally Posted by gamecock View Post
    It's similar to the situation with all of the low-end grocery stores around here. It's like people just don't realize how much nicer things can be (and often are elsewhere). On the East coast, I like Wawa: Wawa - Home Page

I am happy OnCue finally opened up in Norman. It's nice to have a gas station that is nicer than any other gas station in town (but similar to what you can find elsewhere). Yes, it's a gas station . . . yes, it's a grocery store . . . but we can do better than what we have, and we should expect better.
    How refreshing it is to go to a gas station where the trash cans at the pumps are emptied, card readers that work, window squeegies and cleaning fluid at the pumps, no dried vomit on the sidewalks, curbs that don't tear the front end of your car off, that are clean enough that loiterer's aren't hanging out for drug deals, etc. OnCue is the place for me.

The 7-11s in the inner NW core are akin to the 18th and Classen Homeland.

Thread Information