Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Starbucks

Default Re: Starbucks

The one on 240 and Sooner is getting fairly close to finished.

2. Default Re: Starbucks

New Starbucks Alert.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1724709999786.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	351.6 KB 
ID:	19099

New location at S. 33rd and Broadway in Edmond appears to be ready to open any day now. Can't come soon enough to close that one a mile up at 15th. It creates such a traffic snarl at that intersection.

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    New location at S. 33rd and Broadway in Edmond appears to be ready to open any day now. Can't come soon enough to close that one a mile up at 15th. It creates such a traffic snarl at that intersection.
    It's been open at least a week. I would have guessed they'd close the 15th & Broadway spot, but it's still open...

Quote Originally Posted by LakeEffect View Post
    It's been open at least a week. I would have guessed they'd close the 15th & Broadway spot, but it's still open...
    Why would they close a busy location? Just about the only time *$ closes a store is if they're trying to unionize.

Quote Originally Posted by LakeEffect View Post
    Wow, okay I guess each time I've driven by it Sunday and yesterday there weren't any cars there. I can't imagine having these Starbucks less than a mile away from each other, but alas.

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    Wow, okay I guess each time I've driven by it Sunday and yesterday there weren't any cars there. I can't imagine having these Starbucks less than a mile away from each other, but alas.
    NW 36th/May (now), NW 50th/May (soon), Grand/May (now)...

Better starts selling more coffee to pay for their new CEO commute !

Another Starbucks for the core; this time at NW 12th and Classen, very near Scooters and the new OnCue.

10. Default Re: Starbucks

This is crazy. This area will no longer be drivable after this and Oncue open.

Interestingly, the City has not reworked the 13th/Classen/Western intersection as was originally planned.

It was to be done in conjunction with the new OnCue, but that project is now well along and the idea seems to have been scrapped.

Man Starbucks is taking over. Just about every small town has one. i40 for example, Elk City, Weatherford, El Reno, Yukon to Shawnee has one lol.

Pete, Any clue what's going on just to the east of the new Starbucks on Memorial and Rockwell. Went yesterday and looks like some ground work is being done.

Quote Originally Posted by Mballard85 View Post
    Pete, Any clue what's going on just to the east of the new Starbucks on Memorial and Rockwell. Went yesterday and looks like some ground work is being done.
    No permits of any kind thus far and the land hasn't been sold.

I know it's off topic but I really like that view of Downtown, Pete. It's not often you see St. Anthony and that other white mid-rise in a skyline shot.

16. Default Re: Starbucks

^ and all of the multifamily in/near SOSA. From the angle you can also see Omni - Looks very built up city, and will be once these are complete.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Man there are way too many really nice coffee places around. I hope they lose their lunch money at this location with their $6 coffees.

That is my favorite skyline angle as well. I liked it so much I rented a place in SoSA with almost that exact view from my deck. It's one of the few perspectives where you see Leadership Square.

Indeed. My cousin lives in SOSA and has the same view. From the inner NW is the best direction to see the skyline. The one posted with the arrow for the Starbucks is perfectly positioned to show both City Place and FNC. (And the addition of the other two I mentioned is what kind of grabbed me about the shot). Really, every downtown building with any height at all is visible, and the buildings in midtown speak to density and obvious residential.

Look guys, it's a real city!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Another Starbucks for the core; this time at NW 12th and Classen, very near Scooters and the new OnCue.

In the past a coffee shop would want to be on the "going to work" side of the street, so in this case on Classen Boulevard, on the west (southbound) side of Classen. This is not. Has that old practice gone by the wayside?

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    Man there are way too many really nice coffee places around. I hope they lose their lunch money at this location with their $6 coffees.
    Their drip coffee is not $6, it's probably right in line with all the other restaurants and coffee shops at $2-3. Their *specialty* coffee drinks are $6+, just like all the other coffee shops around ($12.06 for 2 half-moon lattes at Summer Moon, for example). I'm not a *$ fan, only ever go there if we have to or have a gift card, but wanted to set the record straight.

kind of disappointed in the design, 13th and Classen is extremely car focused, sure, but more could have been done to promote foot traffic from the neighboring apartment complexes to it's east. It's also immediately next to a (poorly) semi protected bike lane, more than exclusively car traffic coming here is to be expected, right?

I’m Surprised they haven’t announced a location at Oak yet.

24. Default Re: Starbucks

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Their drip coffee is not $6, it's probably right in line with all the other restaurants and coffee shops at $2-3. Their *specialty* coffee drinks are $6+, just like all the other coffee shops around ($12.06 for 2 half-moon lattes at Summer Moon, for example). I'm not a *$ fan, only ever go there if we have to or have a gift card, but wanted to set the record straight.
    To be fair, I just looked online: Starbuck's short (8oz) Caffe Americano (this looks to be their most basic coffee) is $3.85 while Wendy's small (assume 8 oz, but doesn't say) hot coffee is $1.19. This does make Starbucks 224% more than Wendy's (McDonald's and Dunkin Donuts wouldn't tell me the price without the app). Panera was $2.79 for a regular (16 oz), so 38% more for twice as much.

Quote Originally Posted by bamarsha View Post
    To be fair, I just looked online: Starbuck's short (8oz) Caffe Americano (this looks to be their most basic coffee) is $3.85 while Wendy's small (assume 8 oz, but doesn't say) hot coffee is $1.19. This does make Starbucks 224% more than Wendy's (McDonald's and Dunkin Donuts wouldn't tell me the price without the app). Panera was $2.79 for a regular (16 oz), so 38% more for twice as much.
    McDonald's medium 12oz coffee is $1.39 and 20oz is $1.59. Dunkin's medium 14 oz coffee is $2.19. These numbers are from their respective Apps ordering at Edmond locations.

Thread Information