Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: HTeaO

Default Re: Mutt's Amazing Hot Dogs

Ate their for lunch today. I forget the name of the dog I had, but tried the red skinned potato salad with blue cheese for the first time, and it was great.

2. Default Shameless Plug: Student reviews Mutt's Amazing Hot Dogs

We had a great time! Lots of photos with this one

The Marionette Online
    Still corrupting young minds

I ate here for the first time yesterday. I had the Windy City Dog, and my friend had the Liberty dog. We shared an order of fries and both had iced teas. The food was 'okay', not bad, not great just okay. It cost $17.00 plus tip. I guess this is what we've come to. Basically $20.00 for a hot dog lunch. I have to admit, it was very busy.

I tend to view Mutts more as a novelty. It's a nice place to eat at every once in a while, but they're still selling really expensive hotdogs and fries at the end ofthe day, and they're not so amazing to make me crave them.

Default Re: Mutt's

Just wanted to give this place a shout-out. I don't go that often but when I do, I am repeatedly shocked at how good and tasty it is. They get an automatic win for using actual fresh jalapenos, not pickled. I see lots of comments (here, urbanspoon, yelp) on how much it costs to eat here. I guess I'm someone that doesn't think spending $10 (before beer) on a tasty meal is "too expensive". Also helps that they have falafel dogs (SO TASTY) and veggie chili, which is just delicious. Hopefully the BTT people decide to open this on Sundays too.

6. Default Re: Mutt's

Quote Originally Posted by no1cub17 View Post
    Just wanted to give this place a shout-out. I don't go that often but when I do, I am repeatedly shocked at how good and tasty it is. They get an automatic win for using actual fresh jalapenos, not pickled. I see lots of comments (here, urbanspoon, yelp) on how much it costs to eat here. I guess I'm someone that doesn't think spending $10 (before beer) on a tasty meal is "too expensive". Also helps that they have falafel dogs (SO TASTY) and veggie chili, which is just delicious. Hopefully the BTT people decide to open this on Sundays too.
    Agreed. I've only been a couple of times, but the food is quite good. Anyone who thinks $10 is too much for a quality, LOCAL meal needs to go back to McDonald's.

Do they use Oscar Meyer or Hebrew national for their hotdogs? I can't remember.

I wish they would switch to Nathans.

8. Default Re: Mutt's

Quote Originally Posted by diggyba View Post
    Do they use Oscar Meyer or Hebrew national for their hotdogs? I can't remember.

I wish they would switch to Nathans.
    I know they posted on the FB page shortly after opening that they use Hebrew National..... I was really hoping they would have their own dogs made with a natural casing but doesn't look like that will happen.

They also recently took the Fried Frisbee off the menu too. It was the best fried bologna sandwich in town.... Or as the manager put it when I exclaimed that upon hearing it was no longer on the menu.... It was the only fried bologna sandwich in town.

Fortunately the day I was there they still had the stuff left to make one so he was nice enough to make one last Fried Frisbee for me.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    I know they posted on the FB page shortly after opening that they use Hebrew National..... I was really hoping they would have their own dogs made with a natural casing but doesn't look like that will happen.

They also recently took the Fried Frisbee off the menu too. It was the best fried bologna sandwich in town.... Or as the manager put it when I exclaimed that upon hearing it was no longer on the menu.... It was the only fried bologna sandwich in town.

Fortunately the day I was there they still had the stuff left to make one so he was nice enough to make one last Fried Frisbee for me.
    Last I checked......Toby Keith's has a fried bologna sandwich on menu. The opportunity to name it for a year was one of the auction items at the Toby Keith fundraiser for kids Korral. It went for somewhere between 5-10 k if I remember.
    Last edited by Jeepnokc; 01-20-2014 at 10:43 AM. Reason: typo

10. Default Re: Mutt's

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    Last I checked......Toby Keith's has a fried bologna sandwich on menu. The opportunity to name it for a year was one of the auction items at the Toby Keith fundraiser for kids Korral. It went for somewhere between 5-10 k IFC. Remember.
    Took a look and you are correct..... So the Mutt's manager misinformed me! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    Last I checked......Toby Keith's has a fried bologna sandwich on menu. The opportunity to name it for a year was one of the auction items at the Toby Keith fundraiser for kids Korral. It went for somewhere between 5-10 k IFC. Remember.
    Looks like it's still on the TK menu:

http://www.tobykeithsbar.com/sites/d...cktown-Web.pdf

Default Re: Mutts

Here is a great bit of trivia that I didn't know myself until I researched it...

The Mutts building is a cool, mid-century A-frame that was built in 1968.

Do you know the business that built this structure? Hint: It only lasted about a year at this location, was a national chain and is no longer around.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Here is a great bit of trivia that I didn't know myself until I researched it...

The Mutts building is a cool, mid-century A-frame that was built in 1968.

Do you know the business that built this structure? Hint: It only lasted about a year at this location, was a national chain and is no longer around.
    I think it was Der Wienerschnitzel. I can remember another on 39th.

Quote Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post
    I think it was Der Wienerschnitzel. I can remember another on 39th.
    Nope, although that is a good guess.

Man, I'm lost. The only A-Frame restaurants that I can think of back then was Der Wienerschnitzel , International House of Pancakes, Howard Johnson's, Quick's, Whataburger. Somebody with a better memory will have to do this one! Oh, and Tastee Freeze, but they were much smaller like the one on North Portland.

^

It was none of those. This business was so short-lived I'm not sure anyone is going to get it, but I'll give it a little more time.

i cheated by looking at the oklahoman archives... gotta say i've never heard of that chain... but then again, '68 is before my time. -M

Chicago Style Hot Dogs - Hot Dogs Chicago | Vienna Beef

This is the only dog that deserves to be called Chicago Style. Francine the Wienie Queen used to use them.

Default Re: Mutts Amazing Hot Dogs Opens Today!

Mr. Swiss?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

It was none of those. This business was so short-lived I'm not sure anyone is going to get it, but I'll give it a little more time.
    Times up. Time to celebrate Thunder win. Plz answer now.

Default Re: Mutts Amazing Hot Dogs Opens Today!

I think Mr Swiss as well

Not Mr. Swiss.

Give me a sec and I'll post an ad.

fer pete's sake hurry!

They opened at this site in 1968 and by late '69 it was already a seafood restaurant.

Was a rival to Arby's but I don't think it lasted very long anywhere.

I believe this was the only OKC location.

Never would have guessed it. I guess its racist name and stuck in the old west theme didn't carry well even back then.

Thread Information