Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Patty Wagon

Default Re: Patty Wagon

That is incredibly sad. I always enjoyed talking with him when he was there. He seemed to really enjoy the work and how it played out for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cotter View Post
    That's really sad news. I didn't know him outside of the restaurant, but Bryce seemed like a really nice guy who was usually happy to be making great food. I do hope someone decides to keep Patty Wagon open - it's a nice addition to the neighborhood.
    I believe he had someone (or multiple someones) take over for him a while (2 years?) ago, and the food wasn't the same as it was when he was there, so we stopped going. Sad to hear he lost his battle.

He stopped managing the day to day about that long ago (the food rebounded, though - it's my second favorite sub $10 burger to Tucker's), but maintained his ownership of the restaurant. A few times the neighborhoods around there organized large group meals to help Bryce with his medical bills.

Nice article by Dave Cathey... They have a new owner:

http://newsok.com/the-patty-wagon-sh...rticle/5541493

I never had the pleasure of going to Patty Wagon while Bryce Musick was alive but have been multiple times over the past few months and the new owner is keeping his legacy alive by making some great burgers and fries. I didn't know the back story until seeing that article - thanks for sharing.

They're literally 1 block from our new house, which could be very dangerous, because their burgers (and fries) *are* very good, but their buns just don't do it for us - too sweet. If S&B or Irma's was in their location, we'd each weigh way more than we do, so it's kind of a blessing that we can't do their burgers more than about once or twice a year. Really need to try their ice cream because their flavors sound really good, but we're either on the way to somewhere else when we go, or we're just too full, need to make a special non-burger trip just for their ice cream/shakes...

I live nearby as well and look forward to giving it a try.

8. Default Re: Patty Wagon

The buns are actually what caught my attention in the first place. They are really sweet compared to most burger buns, but I think it compliments the burger well. Definitely a matter of taste, though!

I love the buns and have wondered where they are baked. for me they have the best burger in town actually. Bryce was a top notch guy, I met him through eating at the Brick and mortar location more than we probably should have. he was always cheerful and friendly. I didn't know he had Brain cancer until he had to stop working and was told by staff. I am glad someone is keeping his dream alive and feeding some top notch burgers!

Something interesting about them and KeepItLocalOK - they're not listed on keepitlocalok.com, but we went a week ago and they have the standard sign up on their door for them. They offer a 5% discount (I think the normal discount is 10% for almost every restaurant), and I know we've used our card there before, so kind of odd they're not on keepitlocalok.com, but take the card.

Thread Information