Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Non-Tower Development Rumors( speculation, news and ideas) post here!

1. Default Re: Non-Tower Development Rumors( speculation, news and ideas) post here!

True, along with downtown those inner city districts along with Plaza, Uptown, Western, and (currently to a lesser extent) the Eastside are what makes OKC cosmopolitan.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Default Re: Non-Tower Development Rumors( speculation, news and ideas) post here!

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    True, along with downtown those inner city districts along with Plaza, Uptown, Western, and (currently to a lesser extent) the Eastside are what makes OKC cosmopolitan.
    I don't want to be a negative nellie, but when I think of cosmopolitan, I think of Lisbon, Prague, Barcelona -- not once OKC (although I love OKC very much).

Default Re: Non-Tower Development Rumors( speculation, news and ideas) post here!

To be cosmopolitan goes hand-in-hand with being world class. Only a handful of cities in the US fit the bill.

http://www.okctalk.com/current-event...ss-cities.html

Blog Entries

Cosmopolitan by definition is free from local, provincial, or national ideas, prejudices, or attachments. This would be cities like NYC, Chicago, San Francisco, etc. with a broad cross-section of persons and ideas, generally mixing cultures from all over the world. It doesn't really have anything to do with size, types and sizes of buildings, number of visitors, etc. There can be very small but cosmopolitan towns and very large cities that are not cosmopolitan. It really has nothing to do with being urban. You can have very cosmopolitan suburbs or cosmopolitan persons in non-cosmopolitan cities.

I certainly wouldn't call OKC cosmopolitan. But, I am not sure I would call cities like Prague cosmopolitan either.

Blog Entries

We're not a Dallas, Denver or Seattle...

Oklahoma City survived an 'inner core cancer' (neglect) which lasted (40 years) from 1960-2000.

MAPS I was the initial attack to build antibodies against the symptoms; now it's time to remove the true causes of the disease. Our city is a transformation from comatose to a miraculous resurrection of Lazarus.

We're still that 'Big Dusty' with an annual wind velocity that is higher than Chicago's. Who cares if we're cosmopolitan?

Create a community which reflects our true inner self; a city of hospitality, opportunity, potential and empathy (Hope).

We are well on our way to recovery.

It's Our Turn!

"Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.

6. Default Re: Non-Tower Development Rumors( speculation, news and ideas) post here!

well, excuse me for having an opinion.

when I said that those districts are what makes up OKC's cosmopolitan feel I meant that those were its worldly connection (which is also a definition of cosmopolitan, btw). I could imagine Paseo, Plaza, Asian District, Capital Hill, 39th, etc in any worldly/cosmopolitan city with lots to offer like Chicago with its hoods - but I suppose since they are in OKC it isn't cosmopolitan anymore. ..
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Thread Information