Widgets Magazine
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930 LastLast

Thread: 7 Eleven

Default Re: 7 Eleven

Does anyone know what seems to be the hold up on all of these new 7 Eleven stores not opening? Is it an employee issue? Permits? Are they waiting until July 11 to open them all at 7:11 AM?

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    Does anyone know what seems to be the hold up on all of these new 7 Eleven stores not opening? Is it an employee issue? Permits? Are they waiting until July 11 to open them all at 7:11 AM?
    I'm sure it's hiring and training.

There is a serious shortage of people to do that type of work.

3. Default Re: 7 Eleven

^^^^^^^
    Completely anecdotal, but I am receiving an inordinate number of employment applications (for service industry jobs) from 7 Eleven managers. I mean, maybe a half dozen in the past couple of weeks. Not sure if I’ve ever noticed that many in a short period before. Makes me wonder if some sort of churn is going on there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I'm sure it's hiring and training.

There is a serious shortage of people to do that type of work.
    Purchased gas at the new 7 Eleven on 10th & MacArthur (Saturday evening), overhead one of the employees saying the delay had to do with them having to train with the Laredo Taco employees.

Also noticed that construction has stalled on the downtown 7 Eleven at 1101 W Reno Avenue.

It's an eyesore, for sure.

But it's crazy busy due to the location.
    Part of the reason it seems so busy is the fact they have like 12 parking spots and only 4 gas pumps. It is amazing how close the curb cut off of Independence. It’s pretty dangerous if your EB on NW Exp and turning north on independence, frequently cars trying to turn into 711 but can’t get into the parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Purchased gas at the new 7 Eleven on 10th & MacArthur (Saturday evening), overhead one of the employees saying the delay had to do with them having to train with the Laredo Taco employees.

Also noticed that construction has stalled on the downtown 7 Eleven at 1101 W Reno Avenue.
    I never see anyone eat Laredo's. There are always three or four workers there but no customers. Do not see how it is profitable in such a competitive food market.

But they must know better than I. They are a multibillion dollar company and I am just some schmuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    I don't know about that. They just pouring a lot of the concrete like last week - I am not sure they are finished but probably ran into weather limitations if they aren't finished pouring. I wouldn't think you would claim it has stalled, even if they didn't work yesterday or today (I don't know if they did work yesterday or today, I took a different path to work this week so far.)

Quote Originally Posted by floyd the barber View Post
    I never see anyone eat Laredo's. There are always three or four workers there but no customers. Do not see how it is profitable in such a competitive food market.
    I've not ever eaten Laredo's, but the 7-11 on Memorial east of Kelly Ave always has a bunch of people from construction workers to UPS drivers in line ordering that Laredo's when I run over there for my afternoon tea. There is a small counter area you can eat but I think most people get stuff from there on the go.

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    I've not ever eaten Laredo's, but the 7-11 on Memorial east of Kelly Ave always has a bunch of people from construction workers to UPS drivers in line ordering that Laredo's when I run over there for my afternoon tea. There is a small counter area you can eat but I think most people get stuff from there on the go.
    Yep.

It's like: "Who the heck eats all those roller dogs? They must be there for years." And then you see a crew of workers come in and order about a dozen and take them out to their trucks with a Big Gulp.

Yep.

It's like: "Who the heck eats all those roller dogs? They must be there for years." And then you see a crew of workers come in and order about a dozen and take them out to their trucks with a Big Gulp.
    yep very much this ...

go into an ONCUE at about 630-7 on a weekday morning and see everything that is purchased ..

Reno & Western:

Blog Entries

Nice, hope they're open 24/7

Reno & Western:

Man they are HAULING on that location. The new I-240 and Walker location is moving at a snail's pace by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    Man they are HAULING on that location. The new I-240 and Walker location is moving at a snail's pace by comparison.
    They have so many under construction in the area, including a bunch that seem to be completely finished and they still aren't open.

They must be dealing with a serious staffing shortage.

Yesterday, I heard an advertisement on the radio asking for people to apply to 7/11.

Anybody know how their pay/benefits compares to Oncue?

Blog Entries

IDK about how their benefits compare to Oncue, however when the Browns owned OKC area 7-Elevens they had a package where after 22-25 years of service, you could retire with $1 million or more in savings benefits.

IDK if those savings benefits were grandfathered in (After & Eleven Holdings CO Ltd acquired them) but I do remember workers who put a specific amount per pay day (2x a month) were retiring with a substantial about of money, that included money matched by the company.

Quote Originally Posted by dheinz44 View Post
    Anybody know how their pay/benefits compares to Oncue?
    Just from interactions with customer service, OnCue seems to have happier employees, I don't know if that equates to higher pay. I know OnCue modeled a lot of their business after QuikTrip, and QT's are well known for rewarding an taking care of ALL of their employees from the store level to corporate. They understand its the employees on the front lines that make them money.

Chick-Fil-A is another that seems to have no trouble finding employees compared to other fast food chains, with the owners required to be heavily involved in day to day operations, this probably helps moral and employee retention. Also, knowing that you are going to be busy, but your store is always going to be staffed well.

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    I know OnCue modeled a lot of their business after QuikTrip,
    oncue started in 1966 QT in 1958

Today is 7-11 day. I haven't heard of any Slurpee promotions.

They had a big case of the free small ones out in advance at the 36th & Santa Fe 7-Eleven yesterday. So I assume that will be the promotion as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Today is 7-11 day. I haven't heard of any Slurpee promotions.
    The cashier reminded me yesterday to come back for a free one today, so it's still a thing.

FYI the new 7-11 on Western and Reno appears to be opened now. The price on the sign is now 2.95/gal and it looked pretty packed this morning.

24. Default Re: 7 Eleven

When did the Icee change over to the Slurpee? I still remember the commercials from the 80’s/90’s singing think think Icee drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Shortsyeararound View Post
    When did the Icee change over to the Slurpee? I still remember the commercials from the 80’s/90’s singing think think Icee drink.
    When Corporate 7-11 bought all the stores from the Browns and took over the market here. They were actually ICEE brand with the red/blue cup and polar bear when 7-11 first had them in the 70's. Then they switched to their own brand. Don't remember when exactly they did that.

Thread Information