Widgets Magazine
Page 29 of 141 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333479129 ... LastLast

Thread: Cannabis

Prunepicker Guest

Default Re: Time to Legalize Cannabis for recreational and medicinal use.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    Part of the package of legalization laws after the approval of Amendment
    64 was a blood test for THC level for driving under the influence.
    THC stays in the system for a long time. It's possibly that one could be
    considered under the influence even if s/he hadn't smoked in a week.
    Right?

Prunepicker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Come on man, I thought you all for freedom?
    I am. I see this as a stepping stone to legalizing other drugs. That can't
    be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Prunepicker View Post
    Right?
    I know that was some of the discussion on the proper THC/BAC level to constitute DUI. I have no idea what the particulars are as I have never partaken myself and don't really plan to although we were around it at the Dream Theater concert a couple of weeks ago.

I am. I see this as a stepping stone to legalizing other drugs. That can't be good.
    Every person and I mean EVERY person that I have known with substance abuse problems started with alcohol, that is the ultimate gateway drug. I don't see street cocaine being legalized but certain big pharma forms are legal, the ENT doc uses a variant to deaden my nose before working on it.

Right?
    It's enough to drive one to drinking.

be good.
    Narcs estimate they only seize 10% of the underground drug market. So how it that good, if the government is really concerned for the public good about people fooling around with illegal drugs?

Right?
    Well of course you can count on good ol Oklahoma to have this as law. As of now you could be in a wreck and if they happen to test your blood and find thc from the joint you smoked on your trip to Colorado the previous week, you would get a DUI. Oklahoma has some of the harshest pot laws in the land.

Blog Entries

So true!

Oklahoma has DUI - Driving Under the Influence and DWI - Driving While Intoxicated.

Oklahoma Drunk Driving Charges: DWI vs. DUI Arrest

Knowing Oklahoma, this state would rather smoke weed and hide--pretend to appear righteous--glorified hypocrisy. Who are we fooling? Open the door, Richard! Everyone knows what's going on in the out house. The Baby Boomers had it and hid it; the following generations, seen it and did it...

Is it time to legalize & tax marijuana like Colorado and Washington? The revenues the state could collect are going into the coffers of the local 'pot' dealers.

"Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.

Prunepicker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    ... Oklahoma has some of the harshest pot laws in the land.
    Of which I support.

Prunepicker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    Every person and I mean EVERY person that I have known with substance
    abuse problems started with alcohol, that is the ultimate gateway drug. I
    don't see street cocaine being legalized but certain big pharma forms are
    legal, the ENT doc uses a variant to deaden my nose before working on it.
    For the circle I ran with, starting in the 60's, it was pot or Romilar. Alcohol
    was at the bottom of the list.

Of which I support.
    Why should someone be sentenced to 10 or 15 years in prison for growing one marijuana plant? Who has the subject hurt so terribly bad with one plant? Do you simply somehow get sheer joy in rewarding them free room and board with your tax dollars for that long? Seems like cruel and unusual punishment to me, while I don't seem to recall you complaining about how some child rapists, or molesters, in Oklahoma only get 1 or 2 years in prison. Meantime, a liquor store clerk is quite free to sell an alcoholic all the booze he can carry out of the store. He goes home. Tanks up on the booze, takes off in his car, finds himself driving the wrong way going 80 mph down the Interstate and collides into a car carrying a family of four, killing them all. Nothing has to happen to the liquor store clerk. You, Prunepicker, go overboard in helping Oklahoma society have very strangely out of kilter priorities, while without a doubt, being so pitifully blinded, dumbfounded WRONG in your viewpoint.

The law I mentioned earlier that is on the books in Oklahoma that can give a DUI to a driver that has any amount of THC in their blood even though it is non-impairing was shot down in Arizona. This is not surprising. You shouldnt get a DUI if you arent actually impaired.

Marijuana-DUI Case Tossed by Arizona Supreme Court in Metabolite Ruling | Phoenix New Times

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    The law I mentioned earlier that is on the books in Oklahoma that can give a DUI to a driver that has any amount of THC in their blood even though it is non-impairing was shot down in Arizona. This is not surprising. You shouldnt get a DUI if you arent actually impaired.

Marijuana-DUI Case Tossed by Arizona Supreme Court in Metabolite Ruling | Phoenix New Times
    Good point, Oklahoma has always attempted to establish a reputation for being 'tough on crime.' Oklahoma has its flaws; take a look at how F-uped things are in FLORIDA.

Here's an example of how some people get injustice as the laws are flawed in some states throughout the country:

It's a shame that a killer can get 12-20 years for taking a life and a Florida mom gets 20 years for firing a warning shot into the air toward an abusive husband.

Fla. mom gets 20 years for firing warning shots - CBS News

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    ... a Florida mom gets 20 years for firing a warning shot into the air toward an abusive husband.

Fla. mom gets 20 years for firing warning shots - CBS News
    Well, there was a tad more to it than that as it turns out. Apparently, after reading the article, the jury didn't accept the in fear of imminent harm argument in light of her getting past the husband, leaving out to the garage, retrieving a handgun from the glove compartment of the car, then returning inside the home and again facing off with the husband. The jury also heard the husband say at trial she shot above them (them being he and the children ... t-h-e--c-h-i-l-d-r-e-n) but heard him on the 911 tape that she pointed the firearm at them and then fired.

For comparison purposes, she sounds like (from this linked article anyway) to have more in common with a certain former local pharmacist than a lass down newcastle way who had someone pounding on the door seeking entry, who she later shot once he busted into the home.

It's not really as outlandish as the headline might suggest.

be good.
    You do realize that two of the drugs that cause the most deaths (of all drugs) are already legal, don't you? Of course, you can argue that they cause more deaths because they are legal, hence more available and consumed by more of the population, so go that route if you want...

Also, Portugal has legalized drugs, with apparently somewhat positive results, and Spain and Italy have also done so, I think, but not sure about their results.

15. Default Re: Time to Legalize Cannabis for recreational and medicinal use.

You can also just be on the lookout for people who are driving really slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    You do realize that two of the drugs that cause the most deaths (of all drugs) are already legal, don't you? Of course, you can argue that they cause more deaths because they are legal, hence more available and consumed by more of the population, so go that route if you want...

Also, Portugal has legalized drugs, with apparently somewhat positive results, and Spain and Italy have also done so, I think, but not sure about their results.
    Yes, in Oklahoma in 2012, there were nearly 2 deaths a day from prescription drug abuse, which are legal. But by all means, we should lock up the non violent pot possessor costing taxpayers more money and harming families, as prune suggests...

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    You can also just be on the lookout for people who are driving really slowly.
    And the distinctive glow from light striking the ever present Cheetos dust cloud

The pain relief thingy really works. The best thing about it being legal is you can get it in non smoking items. Plus it doesn't make you constipated like Percocet.

Oklahoma Republicans at the State Capitol need to quit acting like they're too cowardly to take risks that may be perceived to be too risky. My Democrat State Rep., Cory Williams, has frequently voted against Republican bills and agendas since he started. He isn't thrilled about cutting or abolishing the state income tax. He doesn't mind the idea of using the Rainy Day Fund to repair the State Capitol. He voted against the bill that made people guilty of DUI, if THC was found in the blood at any time. Yet, this time around he has drawn no opposition for reelection. He said it makes him feel like he must be doing something right. But scary to think how many Republicans must feel the same way, who also have no opposition to face in November.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    So true!

Oklahoma has DUI - Driving Under the Influence and DWI - Driving While Intoxicated.

Oklahoma Drunk Driving Charges: DWI vs. DUI Arrest

Knowing Oklahoma, this state would rather smoke weed and hide--pretend to appear righteous--glorified hypocrisy. Who are we fooling? Open the door, Richard! Everyone knows what's going on in the out house. The Baby Boomers had it and hid it; the following generations, seen it and did it...

Is it time to legalize & tax marijuana like Colorado and Washington? The revenues the state could collect are going into the coffers of the local 'pot' dealers.

"Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.
    This isn't correct. In Oklahoma, a DWI is Driving While Impaired which is a lesser crime than our DUI which is Driving Under the Influence. Driving while Intoxicated is the Texas equivalent of Oklahoma's DUI. In Oklahoma, Driving While Impaired is driving with a BAC of .06 or .07 and is always a misdemeanor charge that doesn't carry any license loss unless you actually take a conviction for it. Texas' Driving While Intoxicated is .08 or more. For more info see: Oklahoma DUI Penalties and Oklahoma Driver's License Penalties Oklahoma doesn't have a crime called Driving While Intoxicated. Maybe they should buy my book: Oklahoma DUI Defense: The Law & Practice: Bruce Edge, John Hunsucker, James Nesci: 9781933264295: Amazon.com: Books <---Cheap plug inserted here. Actually, don't buy it as the 2nd edition is heading to the publisher next week.

Prunepicker Guest

[QUOTE=TheTravellers;778090]
    You do realize that two of the drugs that cause the most deaths
    (of all drugs) are already legal, don't you?
    You do realize that this is totally irrelevant, right?

How is that irrelevant man?

I didn't realize it was .06 in Oklahoma rather than .08? When did that change?

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    I didn't realize it was .06 in Oklahoma rather than .08? When did that change?
    A lot of people confuse this, even other attorneys. Look at the post again. . We are .08 for driving under the influence which we call DUI. We also have a lesser crime of driving while impaired which is .06/.07. There are only a few states that have this lesser charge. It is always a misdemeanor and only carries a 30 day license loss if convicted. Every state uses different letters for their charge. Some states use OUI (operating under the influence), DUI (driving under the influence) OWI (Operating while intoxicated) and DWI (driving while intoxicated). The key in OK is that our lesser charge is Driving while impaired which is different than Texas' Driving while Intoxicated and is not the same.

Thread Information