Widgets Magazine
Page 28 of 81 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323378 ... LastLast

Thread: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

Blog Entries

Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    Why? This is the only project with a high rise going.
    And all three residential towers won't be built at once. They will be built one at a time at a pace demand allows.

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    And all three residential towers won't be built at once. They will be built one at a time at a pace demand allows.
    2 of the residential and the hotel will be under construction at the same time .. and residential 3 will start when 1 ends ..

3. Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

Think the first two towers will be built simultaneously and then the third as demand dictates.

4. Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the red zone.
    The red zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the white zone.

Quote Originally Posted by EtanEiko View Post
    please please PLEASE can this thread NOT be hijacked by another TIF argument...
    I mean.. sure.. but it isn't nothing that they're adding 900 residences, perhaps a lot of new students for OKCPS and using the money which OKPCS would have received for their ad valorem collection to benefit a property development which likely would have been profitable without 37% of their investment being free money from the taxpayers.

Any time we're talking about a development using TIF, this should be a major topic of discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    I mean.. sure.. but it isn't nothing that they're adding 900 residences, perhaps a lot of new students for OKCPS and using the money which OKPCS would have received for their ad valorem collection to benefit a property development which likely would have been profitable without 37% of their investment being free money from the taxpayers.

Any time we're talking about a development using TIF, this should be a major topic of discussion.
    Yeah, Cool, then start a TIF thread and don't hijack this one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    2 of the residential and the hotel will be under construction at the same time .. and residential 3 will start when 1 ends ..
    The residential towers are in three phases, they are slated to start one year after the previous phase, but I can tell you that is what the very best case that developer hopes for and phases two and three will start as demand allows. What is the current absorption rate in Oklahoma City for premium high rise apartments? Is there a precedent that shows the market can take on 300+ units per year?

Blog Entries

The residential towers are in three phases, they are slated to start one year after the previous phase, but I can tell you that is what the very best case that developer hopes for and phases two and three will start as demand allows. What is the current absorption rate in Oklahoma City for premium high rise apartments? Is there a precedent that shows the market can take on 300+ units per year?

Is this from their application or do you have access to their internal planning documents? It seems as Pete indicated towers 1 & 2 will be built at same time with hotel commencing shortly behind their start. Have they changed or is tour chart speculation?

There is only one premium high-rise residential tower in OKC. So really no precedent.

seeing as there is currently a huge housing crisis in oklahoma city, gonna go out on a limb here and say any new housing in the core is good housing

Blog Entries

Looking at what you are promoting, it seems they couldn’t possibly be waiting for tower one to be leased before tower two is committed to. They will be quite a ways from opening one when two commences. Some pre-leasing will occur, but it won’t really pick up substantially until it is near finished and then finished. Leased towers aren’t fully leased at original opening.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Looking at what you are promoting, it seems they couldn’t possibly be waiting for tower one to be leased before tower two is committed to. They will be quite a ways from opening one when two commences. Some pre-leasing will occur, but it won’t really pick up substantially until it is near finished and then finished. Leased towers aren’t fully leased at original opening.
    yep this was my point also ..

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Is this from their application or do you have access to their internal planning documents? It seems as Pete indicated towers 1 & 2 will be built at same time with hotel commencing shortly behind their start. Have they changed or is tour chart speculation?
    Rover, that document was part of the presentation that was made publicly available. There is a link a page or two back.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

[/center]
    Just saw this (I know, a week later...). What is the highest rent in price per square foot in the OKC metro? Does anyone know? I feel like above $3/sf is pretty high. Looks like FNC is over $3/sf and it at about 2/3 occupancy.

The First National apartments?

Quote Originally Posted by AlvarezK View Post
    The First National apartments?
    Yeah, I edited that after I submitted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post

Dont forget the fact that while the TIF is in use, they'll gladly accept a high taxable assessed value so they can get bigger and faster TIF rebates but as soon as the TIF runs out and they are responsible for the ad valorem, you see them quickly come in a protest the valuation and get it lowered as much as they can. Amazing that with all the positive growth for OKC, the TIF asks keep getting bigger in amount and bigger in % of the project.

West Village is over $3/sf.
    The Montgomery was right at $2/sf
    Classen 16 is just over $2/sf
    Lift is around $2.25/sf
    Maywood apartments are $2.10/sf

I guess apartment prices are a lot higher than I thought they were.

Ryan, you are wrong about the co-op site. There are already plans that have been revealed to a select group of local business leaders and I saw them with my own eyes. I was not able to take pictures of the co-op site plans, but there is a large group of commercial/residential investors that have come together and are going to develop the area.

Quote Originally Posted by NINfan1231 View Post
    Ryan, you are wrong about the co-op site. There are already plans that have been revealed to a select group of local business leaders and I saw them with my own eyes. I was not able to take pictures of the co-op site plans, but there is a large group of commercial/residential investors that have come together and are going to develop the area.
    And they’ve covered the brownfield contamination costs?i mean it would be great. It’s only a footprint of rhe lower 25% or downtown. I’d love to be wrong. Like let’s vacation with each others families and the whole nine if you’re right but I have some serious doubts about what you’re saying..

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    And they’ve covered the brownfield contamination costs?i mean it would be great. It’s only a footprint of rhe lower 25% or downtown. I’d love to be wrong. Like let’s vacation with each others families and the whole nine if you’re right but I have some serious doubts about what you’re saying..
    You may not see construction for 5 to 7 years but this has advanced much further than you imagine. I would design the layout and density differently but there are real players at the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    You may not see construction for 5 to 7 years but this has advanced much further than you imagine. I would design the layout and density differently but there are real players at the table.
    If it is suburban in nature, I'd prefer it wait and lay dormant. This needs to be among the most dense parts of downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    What did you see on the layout that you didn't like?

Quote Originally Posted by Lafferty Daniel View Post
    What did you see on the layout that you didn't like?
    I think (and hope) he's talking about the CoOp lot. Construction on The Boardwalk is supposed to start next year, and it's anything but suburban in nature.

I know the stadium is probably going to OKANA but I think the CO OP site with surrounding development is the best place for it much easier access to brick town and they would have to do some serious road and infrastructure work to support OKANA and an additional 10-20k fans for an event.. OKANA will still be good site but not my favorite…if the site is contaminated isn’t that public record?

Thread Information