Widgets Magazine
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Quail Springs Mall

Default Re: Quail Springs Mall

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    Quail at the time had the space open with Sears going out. On paper it was a good fit with traffic counts, density, and income demographics, this was between 2008-2010?

I agree that with what Penn Square offers, Von Maur would have fit in better, especially with Macy's leaving Quail, and Dillard's Quail Springs still looking like the day it opened in most areas.
    it opened in oct 2014

Heard a ramen place is going in that new strip center between Quail Springs and Industry. I believe it’s this place?

http://kyuramen.com/

Quote Originally Posted by mgharfeh View Post
    Heard a ramen place is going in that new strip center between Quail Springs and Industry. I believe it’s this place?

http://kyuramen.com/

This is correct info.

That Kimchi ramen looks promising.

Oklahoma isn't listed on their coming soon page.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    Oklahoma isn't listed on their coming soon page.

See attached
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2023-06-15 072421.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	8.2 KB 
ID:	18073  

Where did you see that? I went to the Locations page on their site and it has a map with multiple states listed as "Coming Soon" but not Oklahoma. Scroll down and it lists specific locations and Oklahoma is not included. I'm not doubting they're coming! And I look forward to it as they look really good (I've been looking for a place with okonomiyaki; I've been wanting to try it). I'm just missing it on the site.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Locations.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	14.2 KB 
ID:	18075

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    Where did you see that? I went to the Locations page on their site and it has a map with multiple states listed as "Coming Soon" but not Oklahoma. Scroll down and it lists specific locations and Oklahoma is not included. I'm not doubting they're coming! And I look forward to it as they look really good (I've been looking for a place with okonomiyaki; I've been wanting to try it). I'm just missing it on the site.

Name:	Locations.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	14.2 KB 
ID:	18075
    Building permits I suspect. Maybe they just want to get further along with construction before putting on their site?

Express is closing. Long time mall staple.

Quote Originally Posted by GoOKC1991 View Post
    Express is closing. Long time mall staple.
    Timing probably coincides with this:

Retailer Express Holds Talks for Bankruptcy Financing
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ptcy-financing

As I posted in the Express retail thread, today is the final day for the Quail Springs Mall store. It will very interesting to see what the mall fills this vacancy with after Express has been there forever.

We went to the mall this weekend and it was depressing. Chik -Fil-A was fairly busy but the other stores in the food court were dead. The "Cajun" place, that actually serves Chinese food) had about 1/3 of the trays containing old, dried up food and the rest were clean, and hadn't even been used. There was a young girl sitting in chair and she only went so far as to look up from her phone when we stopped to look at the food. We didn't see a single person go into the theater and the arcade and aquarium were also deserted.

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    We went to the mall this weekend and it was depressing. Chik -Fil-A was fairly busy but the other stores in the food court were dead. The "Cajun" place, that actually serves Chinese food) had about 1/3 of the trays containing old, dried up food and the rest were clean, and hadn't even been used. There was a young girl sitting in chair and she only went so far as to look up from her phone when we stopped to look at the food. We didn't see a single person go into the theater and the arcade and aquarium were also deserted.
    That food court is not good. I've been a captive customer, waiting for a movie and hungry, and opted out of all the places there in favor of just getting random food inside the theatre. The arcade is pretty cool, and I haven't yet gone to the aquarium.

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    That food court is not good. I've been a captive customer, waiting for a movie and hungry, and opted out of all the places there in favor of just getting random food inside the theatre. The arcade is pretty cool, and I haven't yet gone to the aquarium.
    We're big fans of the Greek place, there in the corner, which is actually why we were there. We used to eat at some of the other places, but they have gone downhill, unfortunately.

I'm a fan of the tiny little airsoft place, where you get fifty shots from an AR-15 airsoft rifle and if you knock all the targets down (I think 40'ish, or so), you get another magazine. I was hoping you could keep shooting as long as you knocked over all the targets, but nope...one extra magazine was the limit.

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    We're big fans of the Greek place, there in the corner, which is actually why we were there. We used to eat at some of the other places, but they have gone downhill, unfortunately.

I'm a fan of the tiny little airsoft place, where you get fifty shots from an AR-15 airsoft rifle and if you knock all the targets down (I think 40'ish, or so), you get another magazine. I was hoping you could keep shooting as long as you knocked over all the targets, but nope...one extra magazine was the limit.
    That reminded me, I believe I did eat there the last time I ate at QSM. It was quite good, but also very deserted, like everything else not Chick-Fil-A when I've been up there. I'm not a very adventurous eater, so I was surprised to find something they offered that I did like.

It doesn't help the food court that there's like 20 great places to eat within a mile or of the mall that we almost always hit up if we're going to the mall for something before or after.

Quote Originally Posted by John1744 View Post
    It doesn't help the food court that there's like 20 great places to eat within a mile or of the mall that we almost always hit up if we're going to the mall for something before or after.
    And the food court itself is on its own, separate level and not very well integrated with the rest of the mall.

In contrast, the eateries at Penn Square are far more visible and have lots of good options and strong crowds.

QS needs this
    Netflix set to open fan experience at Galleria Mall Dallas
    https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/ne...3570473/?amp=1

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    QS needs this
    I don't get the appeal, but then, I gave up Netflix when they started inserting ads and tiering their offerings based on subscription

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    I don't get the appeal, but then, I gave up Netflix when they started inserting ads and tiering their offerings based on subscription
    I gave it up when they changed their account sharing policy, greedy "people"

21. Default Re: Quail Springs Mall

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    QS needs this
    This is going to be one of those weird abandoned places kids watch a youtube video about in 20 years.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by davidreavis View Post
    I gave it up when they changed their account sharing policy, greedy "people"
    Wait… you are calling them greedy because they don’t want people ripping them off? Interesting. But the people stealing their service are upstanding and have a right to do so? Love today’s sense of ethics.

23. Default Re: Quail Springs Mall

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Wait… you are calling them greedy because they don’t want people ripping them off? Interesting. But the people stealing their service are upstanding and have a right to do so? Love today’s sense of ethics.

Name:	Screenshot 2024-06-20 at 9.34.45 AM.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	7.5 KB 
ID:	18929

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post

Name:	Screenshot 2024-06-20 at 9.34.45 AM.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	7.5 KB 
ID:	18929
    7 years ago. I guess companies can't change as they see economics change. Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by bison34 View Post
    7 years ago. I guess companies can't change as they see economics change. Got it.
    and the company's thoughts and the low level pr twitter person are also not the same thing

Thread Information