Widgets Magazine
Page 27 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: OnCue OKC Expansion

Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by brian72 View Post
    The OnCue on Portland and NW 164th. is taking forever. Hopefully it'll get done by Summer.
    The one at 66 and Kilpatrick has been in the works far longer, mostly just dirt work and leveling out the site. I believe the same could be said for the location at Blackwelder and NW Expressway.

They just have so many projects in progress.

Not only scores of new locations, but they are also adding kitchens in a lot of places, dealing with the new alcohol laws, etc.

I'm sure it comes down to internal resources and trying to be doing things right and systematically.

Blog Entries

https://twitter.com/aboatman/status/1078397473201238016

Please see this thread for details regarding a community meeting on 1/3 for the oncue at 12th/Western prior to the re-zoning public meeting on 1/10. All concerned please attend!

the area between western and may along the sw 29th corridor is begging for an on-cue gas station. at one point i thought on-cue was building a new gas station there on the sw corner of sw 29th and may but it turned out to be a small building. the intersection of agnew and sw 29th seems primed for an on-cue gas station though.

Blog Entries

https://newsok.com/article/5619081/o...rhood-politics

Article about the aforementioned meeting today, but FYI that meeting is delayed due to weather.

Anyone know the status on the location at 178th/Western in Edmond? There has been a "OnCue Coming Soon" sign out for quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by AMinEdmond View Post
    Anyone know the status on the location at 178th/Western in Edmond? There has been a "OnCue Coming Soon" sign out for quite a while.
    They have about 10 OKC locations in progress, plus they are remodeling several stores to include a kitchen.

I'm sure they'll get around to all the planned locations, but it seems they have a lot on their plate right now.

^^ I’ve been wondering the same thing. I figure it’s going to be a while. Steel work for the Okie Express car wash is going up next door to the OnCue site.

I'll be interested to see how the Blackwelder and NW Expressway location turns out. That's a terrible intersection (one of the worst in the city, if not the state), if I remember it right.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    I'll be interested to see how the Blackwelder and NW Expressway location turns out. That's a terrible intersection (one of the worst in the city, if not the state), if I remember it right.
    It's an odd layout with 6 lane NW Expressway and a divided median. Blackwelder is only 2 lanes and the north has the odd entrance into the Valliance Bank Tower and McDonalds with a frontage road intersecting it. No protected turn arrows for north or south traffic.

Is OnCue going to use Blackwelder and the light as the entrance, or will there be curb cuts onto NW Expressway, even though there is an off-ramp from I-44 to east bound NW Expressway at this location?

^

No curb cuts on NWEx:

The public meeting about the OnCue on Classen&10th has been rescheduled to tonight at 6:30 PM at Sunbeam Family Services at 1411 N Classen.

How did the vote go this morning for 13th and Western store?

Quote Originally Posted by OkieRedRaider View Post
    How did the vote go this morning for 13th and Western store?
    The meeting is happening now and they haven't reached the this particular item as of 1:45PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rezman View Post
    ^^ I’ve been wondering the same thing. I figure it’s going to be a while. Steel work for the Okie Express car wash is going up next door to the OnCue site.
    I must make a correction. The structure going up by178th & Western is west of the Okie Express. So it looks like that whole strip is going to be developed.

Blog Entries

I'm on the live stream. Meeting started at 1:30 and it's 3:44 and they are still on this item (it was way down the list at item 24).

Still debating but here are some interesting bits of info.

OnCue is proposing to do the following all at their expense:

- Move the homes on their properties to other lots
    - Install much more landscaping than is required by code (1st photo below)
    - Improve the 13th and Classen/Western intersection (2nd photo)

I'm glad to hear that OnCue is responsive to the concerns put forth by the neighborhood - especially about preserving those houses. I think it's also impressive that they'd offer to do all of that at their expense. These concessions seem acceptable to me, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    I'm glad to hear that OnCue is responsive to the concerns put forth by the neighborhood - especially about preserving those houses. I think it's also impressive that they'd offer to do all of that at their expense. These concessions seem acceptable to me, anyway.

I can't decide if this is good or not.the traffic is a problem. I wish they would buy the existing gas station and fix the intersection.

STILL debating this issue... (5:45PM)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    STILL debating this issue... (5:45PM)
    It is interesting.

Committee voted to send to council with their approval.

Some minor changes to the application.

Is that approval contingent on OnCue implementing their proposals in post #667?

I just wish the design were more urban with the pumps in back. Also, I wish some trees were between the street and the sidewalk. Both of those things could have increased walkability.

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    Is that approval contingent on OnCue implementing their proposals in post #667?
    Yes, and a few other minor changes.

Thread Information