Widgets Magazine
Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: 7 Eleven

Default Re: 7 Eleven

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    Could be he started putting E85 in an E10 or pure gas tank then caught his mistake, said a few unprintable words, then finished filling it with the right gas. Then didn't say anything which would make him a major jerk.
    But, if no one else comes forward complaining of their car having similar problems then it could be on her. I didn't even think about that.
    Good points and I agree with your take.

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    LOL!! So true. It wouldn't be a discussion if people just followed their vehicle manual's instructions.
    Exactly this and why I only use fuel from Top Tier sources. Honda states this in the owners manual.

I think these type claims are easier to investigate nowadays.

1. Save and analyze the fuel from the car

2. Verify what was dispensed at 7-11 via
    A. Credit card receipt showing time, pump, volume and type of fuel purchased. And/or
    B. Time stamp video showing pump used.
    C. Pump report matching time and pump to type fuel dispensed. And/or
    D. Analysis of type dispensed vs tank contents.

3. Verification of any other complaints.

4. Default Re: 7 Eleven

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post

A. Credit card receipt showing time, pump, volume and type of fuel purchased. And/or

Yes. Mostly pretty easy. And should be enough to determine what happened.
    2B at this point would depend on the memory capacity of the video recorder. I bet 7-11s don't store much more than a few days. Over two weeks is doubtful.
    And 2D has sailed. I'm sure they've had at least one delivery since then.

What's making me wonder at this point is no one else apparently having an issue. At least not that the local news outlets have reported on.

I confirmed that the vacant lot on the NE corner of I-44 & Penn (once home to Lip Smackers) is under contract to 7-Eleven.

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post

Was there ever any follow up on this story?

Reno & Western:

This is the 7-Eleven coming to I-44 & Penn:

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Was there ever any follow up on this story?
    My best friend, recently deceased, was a fuel delivery driver for Flying J/Pilot.

He told me one day the fuel rack guys noticed the Ethanol big-assed tank they used to blend the gas into E-10 was almost empty.

Gas was sent by pipeline from Ponca City to there, and the Fuel Rack would do the thing there to make E-10 or Pure gas, whatever. There is a "fuel rack" where the delivery trucks go to load up and go deliver and drop in in the tanks, there are several in the OKC area, they are very busy places. The one I'm speaking is, if I am not mistaken, is the Phillips 66/Conoco fuel rack on NE 10th, a little east of I-35.

Anyway, he went in to pick up another load, and they were almost out of Ethanol Blend fuel, which had NEVER happened before, the big tanks it's stored in (ethanol storage tank) was almost empty, and no leak was found. They investigated and found out that somehow the control that allowed Ethanol to flow, or not flow, was malfunctioning and was mixing in to the tanks at something like 75%, not 10% to give a 10% Ethanol gas.

All hell broke loose, he said, so many many truck loads of fuel went out, all over, at their contracted places, and there was a LOT of claims of contaminated and bad fuel being made.

It cost the Conoco/Phillips 66 guys a **** load of money. They had to not only pay out claims for engine damage (if you had a receipt and proved you bought fuel at xyz-station, you got everything taken care of. That was a LOT of money.

Additionally, any Station with that mis-mixed fuel has those tanks immediately shut down, and trucks had to come in and pump the bad fuel in and drive it to Ponca City for re-mixing of the gas. (turns out they can do that, he said, they just run the bad fuel in, refine it, fix it, and out it goes again).

And, additionally to that, each station that lost sales was reimbursed for the lost sale and $$$ they lost until the station was back in business selling clean fuel.

So, no it's not normally the Gas Stations fault you buy faulty fuel. Way too often it's the fault of the Delivery Driver, who has to make darn sure 100% sure that the fuel he has picked up at the fuel rack is what is in his trailer (most delivery tankers have multiple compartments, maybe 4 or 5 or 6 individual tanks, and may have diesel in 1, Premium Pure Gas in another, Premium E10 gas in another, and E10 Regular and Premium in another. My friend said it is an automatic termination offense if you drop the wrong fuel into the wrong tank at the gas station.

So yeah, if you buy what is marked as E10, and it's like E50 or E75 or whatever, your engine is sick, very sick, or dead quickly.

You can pick up an ethanol test kit on Amazon for under $15 and test the percent of alcohol in the fuel real easy. You just mix the fuel with a certain amount of water marked on the tube, shake it up and read the ethanol content.

Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post
    My best friend, recently deceased, was a fuel delivery driver for Flying J/Pilot.

He told me one day the fuel rack guys noticed the Ethanol big-assed tank they used to blend the gas into E-10 was almost empty.

Gas was sent by pipeline from Ponca City to there, and the Fuel Rack would do the thing there to make E-10 or Pure gas, whatever. There is a "fuel rack" where the delivery trucks go to load up and go deliver and drop in in the tanks, there are several in the OKC area, they are very busy places. The one I'm speaking is, if I am not mistaken, is the Phillips 66/Conoco fuel rack on NE 10th, a little east of I-35.

Anyway, he went in to pick up another load, and they were almost out of Ethanol Blend fuel, which had NEVER happened before, the big tanks it's stored in (ethanol storage tank) was almost empty, and no leak was found. They investigated and found out that somehow the control that allowed Ethanol to flow, or not flow, was malfunctioning and was mixing in to the tanks at something like 75%, not 10% to give a 10% Ethanol gas.

All hell broke loose, he said, so many many truck loads of fuel went out, all over, at their contracted places, and there was a LOT of claims of contaminated and bad fuel being made.

It cost the Conoco/Phillips 66 guys a **** load of money. They had to not only pay out claims for engine damage (if you had a receipt and proved you bought fuel at xyz-station, you got everything taken care of. That was a LOT of money.

Additionally, any Station with that mis-mixed fuel has those tanks immediately shut down, and trucks had to come in and pump the bad fuel in and drive it to Ponca City for re-mixing of the gas. (turns out they can do that, he said, they just run the bad fuel in, refine it, fix it, and out it goes again).

And, additionally to that, each station that lost sales was reimbursed for the lost sale and $$$ they lost until the station was back in business selling clean fuel.

So, no it's not normally the Gas Stations fault you buy faulty fuel. Way too often it's the fault of the Delivery Driver, who has to make darn sure 100% sure that the fuel he has picked up at the fuel rack is what is in his trailer (most delivery tankers have multiple compartments, maybe 4 or 5 or 6 individual tanks, and may have diesel in 1, Premium Pure Gas in another, Premium E10 gas in another, and E10 Regular and Premium in another. My friend said it is an automatic termination offense if you drop the wrong fuel into the wrong tank at the gas station.

So yeah, if you buy what is marked as E10, and it's like E50 or E75 or whatever, your engine is sick, very sick, or dead quickly.
    Thanks for the follow up. I appreciate you informing us what happened and providing an informative follow up. Shame on KFOR for not providing this.

In the area of Memorial and Broadway Extension; the old station and the new station. Will they be keeping both or closing the old one? Seems odd to have two so close together.

Quote Originally Posted by rtz View Post
    In the area of Memorial and Broadway Extension; the old station and the new station. Will they be keeping both or closing the old one? Seems odd to have two so close together.
    I frequent the one that's already there and the employees have answered they will be keeping both of them. It is odd.

Work has started on the 7-Eleven on the southwest corner of Reno & Meridian:

Plans have been filed for yet another 7-Eleven, this time on the SW corner of SW 44th & MacArthur.

It will be the typical setup with a Laredo Taco.

Between all the nearby warehouses and MMAC I bet this location will do very well.

Reno & Meridian:

Reno & Western:

Foundation work is progressing and fuel canopy has been erected at I-240 & Walker.

NW 10th & MacArthur is just about ready to open.

I noticed in MWC that the very old and tiny 7-Eleven that was on Air Depot just south of SE 15th St is now closed.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    NW 10th & MacArthur is just about ready to open.
    NW 178th & May location looks very close to opening, as well. I thought it was open this morning because the parking lot and land around it are finally clear of construction stuff, but the pumps still have tape around them.

I am assuming that the NW 10th and Council, and SW15th and Council sites are no longer in the plans. There was for sale signs at both locations.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    I noticed in MWC that the very old and tiny 7-Eleven that was on Air Depot just south of SE 15th St is now closed.
    I used to live in the neighborhood just east and have been to that 7/11 all the time back in the day, Trying to remember if it had gas pumps? Thinking there were just one or two but not sure

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    I used to live in the neighborhood just east and have been to that 7/11 all the time back in the day, Trying to remember if it had gas pumps? Thinking there were just one or two but not sure
    It had 4 pumps total, two on each side, on the south end of the property, with no canopy and a tight fit, about the width of the alleyway between 7-11 and the loan store next store.

The old school 7-11 at the NE corner of 2nd and Bryant in Edmond has paper covering the windows like there is some sort of renovation going on. Meanwhile, the new 7-11 at the convergence of Broadway Extension, Memorial, and Kelly is coming along and looks like it could open any day now.

Thread Information