Widgets Magazine
Page 26 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Do losses happen in the NBA to bad teams yep they sure do. Does getting BLOWN OUT by a team that is 5-40 and 0-25 vs teams above 500 happen in the NBA. NO It's concerning we got BLOWN OUT I'm ok with losing to bad teams once in a while but we didn't just lose we got beaten down. We gave up 70 points in the first half. ALARMING to say the least. Can they bounce back and win vs Minnesota yeah but still we couldn't stop Duren at all.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Do losses happen in the NBA to bad teams yep they sure do. Does getting BLOWN OUT by a team that is 5-40 and 0-25 vs teams above 500 happen in the NBA. NO It's concerning we got BLOWN OUT I'm ok with losing to bad teams once in a while but we didn't just lose we got beaten down. We gave up 70 points in the first half. ALARMING to say the least.
    LOL, ok. Be concerned. You’ve made a bunch of questionable posts here spanning multiple sports so a dumb overreaction to one game isn’t surprising.

Yes…young teams do get blown out by teams they shouldn’t. Watch some basketball outside of the Thunder. It would be concerning if it became a pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    LOL, ok. Be concerned. You’ve made a bunch of questionable posts here spanning multiple sports so a dumb overreaction to one game isn’t surprising.

Yes…young teams do get blown out by teams they shouldn’t. Watch some basketball outside of the Thunder. It would be concerning if it became a pattern.
    Yep just like OU not making the playoff in football with a loss and guess they would of never made it. FSU couldn't even get in undefeated and you thought OU would get in with a loss in the Big 12. LOL Chalk that as a win.

I'm not overacting just concerned with teams figuring us out. Clippers, Lakers over power us. WE should of lost to the trailblazers who are trash. WE are 27th in the league in rebounding so if that isn't a bit concerning than more power too you. I'm sure the Thunder front office is concerned.

Yep just like OU not making the playoff in football with a loss and guess they would of never made it. FSU couldn't even get in undefeated and you thought OU would get in with a loss in the Big 12. LOL Chalk that as a win.

I'm not overacting just concerned with teams figuring us out. Clippers, Lakers over power us. WE should of lost to the trailblazers who are trash. WE are 27th in the league in rebounding so if that isn't a bit concerning than more power too you. I'm sure the Thunder front office is concerned.
    Texas got in with a loss and proved my point. OU would have as well if they’d won out, beaten Texas twice and only lost to Kansas or OSU.

need to upgrade rebounding but no…it’s not that concerning, especially given where the team is in its development and the trade assets we have in place. Might use some to upgrade the roster this year…might wait. Either way, it’s not that big of deal. Concerning would be it not being fixed 2-3 years from now when SGA’s contract is expiring…not now when we’re playing with house money

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Texas got in with a loss and proved my point. OU would have as well if they’d won out, beaten Texas twice and only lost to Kansas or OSU.

need to upgrade rebounding but no…it’s not that concerning, especially given where the team is in its development and the trade assets we have in place. Might use some to upgrade the roster this year…might wait. Either way, it’s not that big of deal. Concerning would be it not being fixed 2-3 years from now when SGA’s contract is expiring…not now when we’re playing with house money
    Texas go in because the beat Alabama. Does Texas get in without beating Bama? We will never know but I say NO and I hear you but did we ever fix our shooting problem when we had KD and Russ. How many years did I hear OKC needs a shooter and we really never got one. Let's fix the rebounding problem this off season.

Texas go in because the beat Alabama. Does Texas get in without beating Bama? We will never know but I say NO and I hear you but did we ever fix our shooting problem when we had KD and Russ. How many years did I hear OKC needs a shooter and we really never got one. Let's fix the rebounding problem this off season.
    I hope they do something at the trade deadline but they’ve been good enough this year that I wouldn’t be surprised to see them just roll with what they have in the playoffs to see where they’re really deficient in a playoff scenario before making a move. Either way I think they move some things around by the start of next season. Fortunately rebounding is easier to find than elite shooting some of which will improve as Chet develops.

Do losses happen in the NBA to bad teams yep they sure do. Does getting BLOWN OUT by a team that is 5-40 and 0-25 vs teams above 500 happen in the NBA. NO It's concerning we got BLOWN OUT I'm ok with losing to bad teams once in a while but we didn't just lose we got beaten down. We gave up 70 points in the first half. ALARMING to say the least. Can they bounce back and win vs Minnesota yeah but still we couldn't stop Duren at all.
    lol chill. nothing alarming about this. it happens
    THe THunder have played really well against top competition

Quit reaching, no way to sugar coat the Thunder losing to the Pistons. The only other 5 teams the Pistons beat this year were the Raptors, Wizards, Hornets(2x), and Chicago. Which the Raptors, Hornets, Wizards, are the other 3 worst teams in the East just ahead of the Pistons, in that order. So don't tell me this is just another lost. They should of beat this team, no way they should of lost that game.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    Quit reaching, no way to sugar coat the Thunder losing to the Pistons. The only other 5 teams the Pistons beat this year were the Raptors, Wizards, Hornets(2x), and Chicago. Which the Raptors, Hornets, Wizards, are the other 3 worst teams in the East just ahead of the Pistons, in that order. So don't tell me this is just another lost. They should of beat this team, no way they should of lost that game.
    Again. You sound like you’ve never followed an NBA team before. It’s a bad loss, they happen to everyone, especially teams this young. Find one post where anyone said they should’ve lost this game.

This team likely isn’t winning an NBA title this year and never was…they are a good team but there will probably be more losses like this before the end of the season. Buckle up.

dude, we are like 15 years into having an NBA team...there is literally zero reason to worry about losing to the pistons lol

Spurs beat the Timberwolves on Saturday. Guess the Minneapolis message boards are getting lit up, also.

12. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Regular season NBA games. I'm not too worried. Joel Embiid can only miss 6 more games to qualify for MVP. That really puts Luka and SGA up there at the top of the race if he can't make it 65 games.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    That really puts Luka and SGA up there at the top of the race if he can't make it 65 games.
    That will be an interesting battle

It'd be nice to clinch an easy win, but c'est la vie.

The only thing I'm concerned about is that, similar to this game, we've been doing so well overall, well above expectations going into the season, that if we don't miraculously win it all this year people will frame it as a disappointment.

Losing the game is not the problem. Losses happen in the NBA. The issue is the way they lost. They gave up 70 points in the first half. 46 in the 2nd qtr. Outscored by 16 in the 2nd. Outscored 21 when you combine the 2nd and 3rd Qtrs gave up 76 points in those two Qtrs. That's the issues I have. It wasn't even competitive to the worse team in the league. It was a horrible loss I think we should all be able to agree on that.

I don’t think any one here has said it wasn’t a terrible loss…just that one game isn’t a big deal…no matter who the other team was…and acting like the sky is falling because of one game is a massive overreaction given how the rest of the season has gone so far.

Losing the game is not the problem. Losses happen in the NBA. The issue is the way they lost. They gave up 70 points in the first half. 46 in the 2nd qtr. Outscored by 16 in the 2nd. Outscored 21 when you combine the 2nd and 3rd Qtrs gave up 76 points in those two Qtrs. That's the issues I have. It wasn't even competitive to the worse team in the league. It was a horrible loss I think we should all be able to agree on that.
    almost like they were looking ahead to tonight .... lol not an issue ..

No offense, but that just offers more evidence that it was a fluke game

Blog Entries

Of course it is a bad loss. Just like Minnesota's with San Antonio. All NBA teams have bad losses during the 82-game long year. Almost impossible to not have. If OKC has 10 more before the end of the year, then you can be justified in your angst.

Luckily this isn't football and they play a whole lot more than 17 games a year. Its hard to keep going that long when your a young team. And their human so they have their personal issues and illnesses that happen throughout the year.

Decent crowd for Minnesota but far from a sale out. I guess OU men must be playing tonight?

Blog Entries

What a battle that first half was! Wow. An absolute street fight. Some defense being played.

Decent crowd for Minnesota but far from a sale out. I guess OU men must be playing tonight?
    Are you there?

looks almost full on TV

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Minnesota Timberwolves 107 @ Oklahoma City Thunder 101

Box score https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401585292

Attendance: 16,870

Thread Information